NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

1 minute ago, 3st3rb said:

So for what it's worth, I've been on Rob's end of doing something like this for a set of competitive HS summer programs. (The application is literally like a college app). 

Reviewers, recommenders and applicants have access to the same webpage, but get assigned different permissions which changes what they see. We also have 3 stages of reviews before results. >GPA/Test Scores etc etc. > selection committee ranking > final selections > results are out. 

Because different people along the process have different permissions, the applicant's last update date does change as they are moved from one bucket to the next so that their info can be seen by the person in the next stage. But dates change a lot and multiple times between one stage and the next because sometimes if we want to try out new layouts or change the interface for a specific category of user we'll go in and assume their "role" which also changes the date for last update.... sometimes a lot if we want to mock going through all the ways a user can interact with the page. All ranking, commenting on apps, and evals happens in the same portal. 

The last stage before the results come out is the tricky one because we basically have the rosters ready and made but are waiting for the official release from the University to go live. My guess is that this is where we're at right now. 

This makes a lot of sense. If this were the case, the 4/13 people are the winners. We will see if this turns out to be true. 

Just now, Eman2 said:

man so many people got the NSF?? makes me feel crappy for not even getting HM

Eh, I kinda felt that way at first, but it also really depends on your field.  I do combustion, and the NSF really doesn't fund combustion work nearly as much as the Air Force does, so I feel like that hobbled my application a little compared to what I could put in the NDSEG proposal.

Just now, OhTheStress said:

Eh, I kinda felt that way at first, but it also really depends on your field.  I do combustion, and the NSF really doesn't fund combustion work nearly as much as the Air Force does, so I feel like that hobbled my application a little compared to what I could put in the NDSEG proposal.

Mine is pretty fundamental so i thought topic wise NSF would be a better fit than NDSEG. But I did sorta rush putting the proposal together for the NSF so my NDSEG proposal I think is better written. BUT my update was 12/6 an its competitive so I'm assuming I didn't get it still.