MFA 2020 Freak Out Forum

hinata

18 minutes ago, highfashion said:

Is anyone on here one of the 2 accepted to UCLA new genres? I'm on the wait list and wondered whether you think you might go or not?

Did you get a call or official email? 

Is there anyone who got rejected from SAIC and is still receiving their New Graduate Student Reception email? I had an interview with them for Master of Design in Designed Objects and never heard from them again. I emailed them asking for an update and they said they will be releasing the decisions "shortly". Given all the SAIC acceptances on gradcafe, I feel like I am most likely rejected.

It's just receiving student reception invites before an offer is kind of making me feel bad, it's like they are laughing at me saying "We are partying! You may be invited or maybe NOT! We will inform you 'shortly', loser!". 

On 3/2/2020 at 4:22 PM, cixelated said:

As person that works with the Photo people here on campus that's really a crapshoot.

DM me and I can give you a second opinion based on what you make. 

I have sent you a message!

I really want to know in depth about it.

18 hours ago, zzc said:

Just got an offer from MIT SMACT program..

Congratulations ❤️May I ask how did they contact you? How soon do you have to respond to their acceptance offer? I was interviewed on 02/20. Thank you 

Edited by mfa2020

1 hour ago, mfa2020 said:

Congratulations ❤️May I ask how did they contact you? How soon do you have to respond to their acceptance offer? I was interviewed on 02/20. Thank you 

Thank you! I got an email saying they accepted me and there’s a link to the unofficial letter as well.  I’m expected to respond by April 15th

26 minutes ago, Ann123 said:

Hey thats great! Do you know how good the course is compared to SVA's MFA Design?

Thank you! I'm not sure. I applied to a different program at SVA, sorry I don't have more insight on that! 

Edited by Jaux

On 3/3/2020 at 12:11 AM, Rtwoneday said:

I have no idea about painting specifically, but I work at Tulane, and my friend who got her MFA there was saying that you should absolutely reach out if you haven't heard anything. (sadly enough they've lost grad students because they've forgotten to tell them they're accepted) 

Thank you so much! Do you know if they have an interview process? 

17 hours ago, toomuchcoffee said:

Acceptance call from Rutgers! So excited. Thank you all for your help!

Yale- rejection

RISD- heard nothing, pretty sure rejection

MICA- accepted

Pratt- interviewed, waiting to hear

Can I ask if you received a letter or email from MICA? Anxiously awaiting...

4 hours ago, zzc said:

Thank you! I got an email saying they accepted me and there’s a link to the unofficial letter as well.  I’m expected to respond by April 15th

Thank you for your response. I wonder if they are still sending out acceptance offer. Does yours come with scholarship offer? It’s my first choice, but I guess I’m just waiting for my rejection ? 

21 hours ago, aniben3 said:

I received my first packet in the mail last night and yeah, like you said, I didn't get another envelope either. (It was a yellow envelope too, so...) However, I was told that I'd be receiving one (TA position), so I think it takes a bit longer to put together the financial information. My email said this: A formal letter outlining all of the details of your admission will be quickly forthcoming, including info on Financial Aid. These will come in separate envelopes. 

My assumption is that it's just not here yet, but you could always ask your admissions counselor? 

I hope so! This is stressing me out ?

19 minutes ago, mfa2020 said:

Thank you for your response. I wonder if they are still sending out acceptance offer. Does yours come with scholarship offer? It’s my first choice, but I guess I’m just waiting for my rejection ? 

They’re probably still sending out. I was interviewed early. The scholarship is only 25% of tuition.. Even with teaching assistant it’s gonna be hard to cover the cost. Hope you can get in!

21 minutes ago, zzc said:

They’re probably still sending out. I was interviewed early. The scholarship is only 25% of tuition.. Even with teaching assistant it’s gonna be hard to cover the cost. Hope you can get in!

Thank you for the information. I thought my interview (02/20) was the earliest. Yours were even earlier than that? ? I got %50 off of Tuition at SAIC  ?

Edited by mfa2020

7 minutes ago, mfa2020 said:

Thank you for the information. I thought my interview (02/20) was the earliest. Yours were even earlier than that? ? I got %50 off of Tuition at SAIC  ?

Congratulation! Mine was on 20th as well..

15 hours ago, Ann123 said:

Accepted to Pratt Package design via email :)

Having difficulty deciding between Pratt and SVA. Does anyone know which college is better for an MFA in graphic/communication design?

Congrats! : D !!