MFA 2020 Freak Out Forum

hinata

Anyone get an acceptance or rejection to UCLA sculpture? For me, It's either that or starting a job with the State of California this summer after I graduate. Haven't seen or heard of anyone but Art History PhD peeps getting acceptance and rejections, so far.

Historically, it seems like most Studio/Fine Art people who were accepted received phone calls/emails during the last week of February through the second week of March,  but I saw an outlier in April. Most Studio Art rejections seem to be towards the end of the first week through the third week of March. Art History PhDs have been accepted between the second week of Feb through the end of March, with a couple outliers, here and there.

There were a MASSIVE number of applicants, this year. So, we shall see.

If you already got in, congratulations!

I already got the accept letter from A school and I am waiting for accept or reject mails from other 3 schools.

A school gave me the deadline which are Mar 3rd and I asked them to give me extend deadline and they gave me by Mar 10th.

However, I haven't hear anything from other 3 schools yet, then could I ask A school to give me more date to decide?

29 minutes ago, Pickle95 said:

For anyone still waiting to hear back from Rutgers, I just go an email saying I was placed on the waitlist.

Also received a phone call from Bard yesterday saying I got accepted. 

What discipline did you apply to for Bard? Congrats. I interviewed on Saturday and they told us that we wouldn't hear back until Friday.

16 minutes ago, nevermind777 said:

What discipline did you apply to for Bard? Congrats. I interviewed on Saturday and they told us that we wouldn't hear back until Friday.

Thanks, I applied for painting. The phone call was from the painting department. I was there on Saturday too, I wasn't expecting anything until Friday. But during the phone call they did mention that official letters would be sent out on Friday. Maybe specific to painting?

6 minutes ago, Pickle95 said:

Thanks, I applied for painting. The phone call was from the painting department. I was there on Saturday too, I wasn't expecting anything until Friday. But during the phone call they did mention that official letters would be sent out on Friday. Maybe specific to painting?

Thank you! Good to know, I applied Photo. Maybe see you there. Congrats again. 

2 minutes ago, nevermind777 said:

oh, wow. and you interviewed photo ? congrats!

Thanks and good luck! It seems like they might still be making their way through the calls. Hope you get good news! Do you have a top choice? I am only waiting to hear from Columbia.

6 minutes ago, rag124 said:

Thanks and good luck! It seems like they might still be making their way through the calls. Hope you get good news! Do you have a top choice? I am only waiting to hear from Columbia.

Thank you. me too. not super hopeful, as I emailed the co-chairs a thank you and they said I would be hearing back from the administration ? was it the administration who called you? Bard is my top choice. Good luck with Columbia.  But big congrats on Bard. It seems like a lot of really amazing people interviewed this year. 

Edited by nevermind777

Ok ok so if you applied to MFA CW UA (creative writing mfa university of Arizona) Do you have an employee ID even if you’re not admitted? Have they told all their students? I didn’t realize how badly I wanted to go until feeling absolute agony this morning realizing I didn’t get in. Then I checked just now and see there’s an employee id. What’s that about???? Please advise anyone in similar boat. 
Im in 5/7 programs so far but UA is the number one

2 hours ago, nevermind777 said:

Thank you. me too. not super hopeful, as I emailed the co-chairs a thank you and they said I would be hearing back from the administration ? was it the administration who called you? Bard is my top choice. Good luck with Columbia.  But big congrats on Bard. It seems like a lot of really amazing people interviewed this year. 

It was the photo department. You might be waitlisted? They said the financial package would come thru the administration this week.

Hope you get good news!

27 minutes ago, rag124 said:

It was the photo department. You might be waitlisted? They said the financial package would come thru the administration this week.

Hope you get good news!

Thanks, me too. hopefully waitlisted. It was my first year doing the MFA application game ...so went into expecting rejections. Hope you get the financial aid that you want. 

My list so far:

Rejected: UC Irvine

Waitlisted: UCONN

Interviewed and waiting for decisions: Indiana and Pratt

Accepted: Boston University, MECA, UMass Dartmouth, SUNY Albany 

Edited by willow j
forgot 1 school

13 minutes ago, aniben3 said:

Has anyone heard from Iowa? I've been really hoping for it. 

Also, has anyone received rejections from VCU craft & material studies yet? I'm just waiting for mine so I can have a bit of closure lol 

I heard back from VCU from the wood concentration. Interviewed in early/mid February.  Seems like they haven’t sent out official rejections though yet since my application status hasn’t changed. 

1 minute ago, HydroHydra said:

I heard back from VCU from the wood concentration. Interviewed in early/mid February.  Seems like they haven’t sent out official rejections though yet since my application status hasn’t changed. 

Thank you! That's good to know. 

VERY late to the thread here, first go around applying for grad schools for F2020, 

wanted to know about anyones experience or hearings back from any Photography Programs I've only heard from a few! 

Thanks! 

***** Anyone with any info about the Dual Program at PNCA let me know!!! ****** 

Edited by trey.kc

19 hours ago, mcb said:

This is late, but got an email acceptance to Goldsmith's last monday!

Congratulations! Was it for MFA Fine Art? 

I just got an interview req today?

24 minutes ago, hht said:

Congratulations! Was it for MFA Fine Art? 

I just got an interview req today?

Thanks! Yeah its for MFA Fine Art. Not totally sure what their process is like, I interviewed a couple weeks ago and got an acceptance a few days after, but seems like they are still interviewing people over the next few weeks