2020 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology PhD Admissions

rcon

2 hours ago, thelilypad said:

Just got formally accepted to UCSD post interview. Lovely school! Definitely one of my top choices.

Congrats! Also got one today after a Skype interview.

20 minutes ago, pangenome said:

Congrats! Also got one today after a Skype interview.

29 minutes ago, chikiti said:

Congrats!!!!

Thanks. I'm waiting on Stanford BMI next week, but if that doesn't pan out, UCSD is probably where I'm going to go. Really clicked with several PIs on autism related research.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:41 PM, kataegis said:

Which program at Havard?

I asked Harvard Grad School for update from them. I applied in Harvard PhD in Biophysics Program and they say, last Feb 25, that my application is still under review. All results will be available by March 15. Are there any applicants in the Biophysics program? Thank you! 

Did anybody apply to the Virginia Tech GBCB(Genetics, Bioinformatics, and Comp Bio) phd program? I just got an email being invited to their open house March 19th-21st. I don't really know much about the school.

Edited by kevra

On 2/5/2020 at 3:50 AM, pennypeng said:

Hi, did you take the interview from Pitt? I received an interview invite last Thursday and replied my contact information. Then I haven't heard from them till now. How about you?

On 1/29/2020 at 2:19 AM, thelilypad said:

Got one from Pitt.

Do you guys have even scheduled the interview time?

I got interview invitation from Pitt as well, but I have waited for about a month without further update.

I have tried to e-mail them to follow up several times and didn't get any response.

It's pretty frustrated.

Edited by hsiaoyi0504

6 hours ago, hsiaoyi0504 said:

I got interview invitation from Pitt as well, but I have waited for about a month without further update.

I have tried to e-mail them to follow up several times and didn't get any response.

It's pretty frustrated.

No that isn't normal. From the onsite interview, they said they only had one interview day (last Friday) and will have Skype interviews following. I suggest you call or email them again.

On 2/27/2020 at 3:12 PM, hsiaoyi0504 said:

It's pretty frustrated.

I had the interview last week. Before that, I tried to contact with the secretary who sent me the invitation, and no response. It's the professor who interviewed me scheduled the time.

Does anyone who went to one of the BU Bioinformatics Open Houses know anything about when we might hear back? I don’t remember them saying anything about a timeline on my date

22 hours ago, rcon said:

Does anyone who went to one of the BU Bioinformatics Open Houses know anything about when we might hear back? I don’t remember them saying anything about a timeline on my date

For anyone wondering, I got an acceptance from them today!

On 2/26/2020 at 1:38 PM, thelilypad said:

Just got an offer from USC. Still waiting on CMU-Pitt, never got a response from UCLA (lol) and Stanford's next week so we'll see how that turns out.

Ok, it's been over a week where other people have heard back from USC MCB program and still waiting over here... I'm guessing that means waitlist, but it's been complete silence since the in person interview. 

6 hours ago, maomaokitkat said:

Ok, it's been over a week where other people have heard back from USC MCB program and still waiting over here... I'm guessing that means waitlist, but it's been complete silence since the in person interview. 

To clarify I wasn't MCB, I was QCB. Not sure if that makes a difference.

• 11 months later...