Fall 2020 Applications

Hi everyone! I applied to East Coast schools and have only heard back from one (for an interview), does anyone have any idea when we'll be hearing back?

Major: Psychology / Minor: Linguistics

GPA 3.85 // GRE: 154 V 147 Q 4 AW

NYU Steinhardt, Teachers College @ Columbia University, CUNY Lehman, Adelphi University, Mercy College and Montclair University

Applied / Accepted / Waitlisted / Interview / Rejected

15 hours ago, roseroserose said:

If you  like museums, the Isabella Stewart Gardner is my favorite in Boston--it's a really eclectic art collection and a unique building. There's also the Museum of Fine Art in the same area, which is also nice, but a more typical museum. Plus, I think both do student discounts! 

Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market are kind of touristy, but historic, and worth going to, especially on a weekend. There's an open-air market in the area every weekend, called Haymarket, and it's an experience. Kind of overwhelming sometimes, with lots of shouting, but definitely an interesting (and kind of the opposite of touristy) thing to check out.

The North End is really nice, especially for Italian food--literally any restaurant will have good food! There's also a great little bakery called Bova's with amazing cannoli. 

Also, if you have to take the T to your interview, I really recommend leaving about fifteen minutes earlier than you think you have to. BU is off the green line, which is notoriously unreliable :)

Do you know if you're interviewing Friday or Saturday?

I can only fly out of South Bend on Friday afternoon (I have a Neuroscience exam in the morning), so I stated I can only interview on Saturday! Hopefully they can accommodate me.

43 minutes ago, amanda_rensch said:

I can only fly out of South Bend on Friday afternoon (I have a Neuroscience exam in the morning), so I stated I can only interview on Saturday! Hopefully they can accommodate me.

I'm sure they can! I heard back from Northeastern after I submitted my preferences (Northeastern schedules interviews for applicants), so I emailed BU to update my preferences, and they got back to me immediately and said they could accommodate it. I think we'll be hearing back from them with dates and times today!

16 hours ago, sliz1019 said:

Hi everyone! I applied to East Coast schools and have only heard back from one (for an interview), does anyone have any idea when we'll be hearing back?

Major: Psychology / Minor: Linguistics

GPA 3.85 // GRE: 154 V 147 Q 4 AW

NYU Steinhardt, Teachers College @ Columbia University, CUNY Lehman, Adelphi University, Mercy College and Montclair University

Applied / Accepted / Waitlisted / Interview / Rejected

I applied to Teacher's College and haven't heard anything yet. I don't think they hold interviews. I'm expecting to hear in march. 

Hi everyone! Hope you're doing well and good luck with the entire application process! 

GPA: 3.99        

Major: Psychology

GRE: 301 (V=154, Q=147, AW=5)

Applying to: 

University of South Carolina

Georgia State University

University of Memphis 

North Carolina Central University

Vanderbilt University 

Louisiana State University

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected

Edited by speechie2beplease

16 hours ago, MarcelaFierro said:

Hello everyone! I only applied to the University of South Carolina & currently on the waitlist! 

Major: Human Resource Management

GPA: 3.89 

GRE: 147V/ 147Q/ 4.0 

I am currently on the waitlist for South Carolina as well!

I feel insane, but I only applied to 1 program... UCF. I was originally planning to apply to FSU and USF, but I knew I needed to save money and stay home for my masters. I could have done FSU distance learning, but online learning is just not my thing. Anyone else out there put all their eggs in one basket? This is such a long and scary wait for me! I hope I am not alone!

Also.... anyone out there apply for UCF Summer with me?? I'm rooting for us all!

12 hours ago, slpmarie said:

I feel insane, but I only applied to 1 program... UCF. I was originally planning to apply to FSU and USF, but I knew I needed to save money and stay home for my masters. I could have done FSU distance learning, but online learning is just not my thing. Anyone else out there put all their eggs in one basket? This is such a long and scary wait for me! I hope I am not alone!

Also.... anyone out there apply for UCF Summer with me?? I'm rooting for us all!

I only applied to one program as well. My husband is military and we have a family so it’s not like I can move anywhere. I just got news that I was waitlisted so I’m hoping for the best!! 

13 hours ago, slpmarie said:

Hey! I got my undergrad at UCF and applied for summer also! I just heard back from FSU’s distance program and was accepted! :) I also applied for USF and a few out of state. Good luck for UCF! We may turn out to be in the same cohort!! 

4 hours ago, Madi544 said:

Hey! I got my undergrad at UCF and applied for summer also! I just heard back from FSU’s distance program and was accepted! :) I also applied for USF and a few out of state. Good luck for UCF! We may turn out to be in the same cohort!! 

That would be awesome! Wishing you the best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 8:35 PM, slpmarie said:

I was only able to apply to 1 program this year as well!! I applied to UVA and was waitlisted so I'm anxiously awaiting for other people to make their decisions.

2 hours ago, Pre-SLP said:

I was only able to apply to 1 program this year as well!! I applied to UVA and was waitlisted so I'm anxiously awaiting for other people to make their decisions.

Were you waitlisted after interviewing? I was bummed that I never got an interview. I imagine you're high on their waitlist if you've heard already! I think that this is the first year that have held interviews. 

9 minutes ago, cnice98 said:

Were you waitlisted after interviewing? I was bummed that I never got an interview. I imagine you're high on their waitlist if you've heard already! I think that this is the first year that have held interviews. 

Yes, I interviewed Feb 7 and heard about the waitlist on Feb 21. I also heard this was the first year of interviews. I am sorry you didn't get one :(  but I am sure you will get into many other great programs!

On 12/17/2019 at 4:15 PM, laurelrcarpenter said:

Hi everyone! My name is Laurel, I am applying to 8 schools here on the west coast and would to hear how all of your application process journeys are coming along. I applied last cycle but had to defer a year for financial reasons. During this time off I have become employed as a SLP-A. This year, I am ready and very hopeful. Nice to meet you all, good luck! 

Majors: Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology

Overall GPA: 3.7 // CSD GPA: 3.4  // GRE: 147 V 144 Q 3 AW

Applying to: San Diego State University, CSU Long Beach, CSU San Marcos, Fresno State University, CSU Chico, Arizona State University, University of Nevada (Reno), University of Hawaii at Manoa

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected 

Hi Laurel! I'm Caroline. I actually was only able to apply to 1 school this year due to geographical constraints and being out-of-field. In the next year I was hoping to take online classes and work as an SLP-A (assuming I don't get off the waitlist). How do you obtain an SLP-A job? Thanks!

I'm not sure if it is too early to start to be concerned... but I haven't heard back from many of the programs I've applied to yet and I'm worried that I'll have to take another year off. To apply to some online programs just in case? 

2 hours ago, laurelrcarpenter said:

I'm not sure if it is too early to start to be concerned... but I haven't heard back from many of the programs I've applied to yet and I'm worried that I'll have to take another year off. To apply to some online programs just in case? 

Honestly I would think that no news is good news. Most programs seem to send out rejections at the same time as acceptances. 

47 minutes ago, wodin said:

Honestly I would think that no news is good news. Most programs seem to send out rejections at the same time as acceptances. 

Thank you. I was wondering if the fact that I haven't received anything yet is better since I have to figure they may send out rejections first? 

Hey there. I am an East Coaster so all of our schools are different, but this week seems to be a big week for acceptances over here. So far I have only heard from one of my three that I applied to. If you haven't heard in two weeks, maybe just call the program and ask when they will send them out because you need to plan for housing and such. I called a program today and they were super nice and helpful! Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, MsFutureSLP said:

Has anyone heard from University of Redlands? I'm seeing that they are starting to notify but I haven't received anything and I am starting to worrry. 

I received an acceptance today from Redlands!

5 minutes ago, slpvee said:

I received an acceptance today from Redlands!

Congrats!! I haven't recived any email from them, I'm starting to become even more anxious! I'm hoping that no news is good news. If you don't mind me asking, around what time did you receive your email? 

Edited by MsFutureSLP

10 minutes ago, MsFutureSLP said:

Congrats!! I haven't recived any email from them, I'm starting to become even more anxious! I'm hoping that no news is good news. If you don't mind me asking, around what time did you receive your email? 

Thank you! I received it at 1:40PM PST today.