Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

Been following this thread for a while— thought it was about time to jump in. Anyone else see that Harvard is transferring classes online on March 23 and not permitting students on campus? ... Following this, is anyone else concerned about the potential cancellation of admitted student day or having to take online classes in the Fall?

4 minutes ago, Spunkydudette said:

Been following this thread for a while— thought it was about time to jump in. Anyone else see that Harvard is transferring classes online on March 23 and not permitting students on campus? ... Following this, is anyone else concerned about the potential cancellation of admitted student day or having to take online classes in the Fall?

I did see that, and a number of other programs have already cancelled, I'm guessing they'll send through online materials. This is happening across the board: https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/123132-corona-viruss-effect-on-graduate-admissions/?tab=comments#comment-1058749093

I'm not optimistic about admitted student day, but most freaked out by the idea that this could be an online program for at least a portion of  2020-2021 

3 minutes ago, scalmanac said:

I did see that, and a number of other programs have already cancelled, I'm guessing they'll send through online materials. This is happening across the board: https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/123132-corona-viruss-effect-on-graduate-admissions/?tab=comments#comment-1058749093

I'm not optimistic about admitted student day, but most freaked out by the idea that this could be an online program for at least a portion of  2020-2021 

Thank you for sharing that...I agree with this person: "Virtual open houses" really aren't a substitute for having the option of an in-person visit.”

I was really looking forward to meeting fellow students, getting a sense of the vibe of the program, etc. That is....if i am admitted ? but yeah, really not tryna be an online student in the Fall. I too, am freaked out by the idea. 

All we can hope is that COVID-19 gets contained by Aug-2020. If it doesn’t happen, attending HKS or any such institution won’t matter anyways, and virtual classes will be least of our concerns. Survival will be at stake. Virologists predict that if this virus ? is not contained in next few months, we could be staring at one of the greatest catastrophes ever.. 

Edited by spnfiim

Hello everyone,

Yet another anxious applicant here waiting for decision to come out, hopefully this week. I do have a question, though, from what I read in the blog posts, it seems like the admission decision will be different  with financial aid announcement, so will it also come on the same day? or we should expect several days to wait for the financial aid announcement? Hope anyone here knows about this issue. 

1 minute ago, galaxymega said:

Hello everyone,

Yet another anxious applicant here waiting for decision to come out, hopefully this week. I do have a question, though, from what I read in the blog posts, it seems like the admission decision will be different  with financial aid announcement, so will it also come on the same day? or we should expect several days to wait for the financial aid announcement? Hope anyone here knows about this issue. 

usually fin aid letter comes either with the acceptance or shortly after (within 24 hours), just in time to beat the WWS acceptances

Edited by justaname

Just now, justaname said:

usually fin aid letter comes either with the acceptance or shortly after (within 24 hours)

Glad to hear this. Whatever the scenario, we'll get to finish all this waiting by this week then.

Hi friends!! Just got to share something. I have received my first admit from Ford School, UMichigan for two-year MPP. Apparently, the letter (email) was sent on Friday itself but it goes to Fulbright then from there it goes to concerned mission of the particular country.. Anyways, I am so happy. 

11 hours ago, Pegasuslaunching said:

Thanks ch442, I feel so soothing that I found this place with u guys! 

Soothing yes...but get buckled up for the mass hysteria that's about to hit all of us...minute-wise updates and insecurities...fun to be here rattling each other!

Guys, I got to know that admission results of MPA-EPM (SIPA)  have already been declared yesterday. It is confirmed and I have seen the email myself. So, in all likelihood, expect the MPA results today at its regular time.  

HKS may post its last blog today so that results can be announced tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

WWS may also send informal acceptance emails. 

Adrenaline pumping high, we are finally there, almost!!

All the best guys!!

16 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

Guys, I got to know that admission results of MPA-EPM (SIPA)  have already been declared yesterday. It is confirmed and I have seen the email myself. So, in all likelihood, expect the MPA results today at its regular time.  

HKS may post its last blog today so that results can be announced tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

WWS may also send informal acceptance emails. 

Adrenaline pumping high, we are finally there, almost!!

All the best guys!!

Omg you are actually amazing. What is the regular time for results ? 

1 hour ago, polapp20 said:

Omg you are actually amazing. What is the regular time for results ? 

The email from SIPA, which I saw, was sent at around 5:30-6:00 pm New York Time.  I think that is the regular time. All decisions most likely are announced towards evening. 

so i just looked through all the posts in the past year, and it appears that there had never been one single day with more than one post. which means, there will be no more post today. which also means decision date is not likely to be thursday, unless the adcomm just feel extra generous today and release another post later today.

Edited by justaname