Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

Aww come on, give the admissions team a break! The school is going through some pretty mad chaos right now, huh?

In the meantime, have a cheeky pint or two and try not to look at this forum too much ?  Right now, I’m just trying to ignore that lurching feeling in my stomach whenever I think about the portal being updated with decisions soon.

I’m coding a new app to pass the time—anybody doing anything that’s keeping their minds off decisions?

9 minutes ago, panther213 said:

Aww come on, give the admissions team a break! The school is going through some pretty mad chaos right now, huh?

In the meantime, have a cheeky pint or two and try not to look at this forum too much ?  Right now, I’m just trying to ignore that lurching feeling in my stomach whenever I think about the portal being updated with decisions soon.

I’m coding a new app to pass the time—anybody doing anything that’s keeping their minds off decisions?

Hi. Long time lurker/first time poster, anxiety got the better of me today. I have spent the day coordinating a public communications strategy for my government given WHO's declaration of COVID-19 as a pandemic yesterday. Suffice to say it's been hectic af yet I STILL somehow have time to check this forum and the Admissions Blog at regular intervals. Think it's definitely time for a pint or two (or more). ?

2 minutes ago, HooLeeSheet said:

Hi. Long time lurker/first time poster, anxiety got the better of me today. I have spent the day coordinating a public communications strategy for my government given WHO's declaration of COVID-19 as a pandemic yesterday. Suffice to say it's been hectic af yet I STILL somehow have time to check this forum and the Admissions Blog at regular intervals. Think it's definitely time for a pint or two (or more). ?

Love your username! Got a good laugh. Could definitely use it waiting for these results. 

Same here, but I am using my cell phone rather.. I think that HKS also realises that they have kind of delayed the process and hence their recent blog is to pacify the anxious souls like us. I am still hopeful that it won’t go into next week. 

2 minutes ago, indianIRguy said:

What are you guys doing right now...? I came home from work, and just dumped myself infront of my laptop...hungry, but it can wait....

Sitting at the office reading news about covid and updating this thread, so focusing on anxiety inducing activities in stead of being productive.

1 minute ago, indianIRguy said:

BTW, the blog post came up at 9:15 Boston time...do you think Matt already went to office so early and became that busy by then? Or did he just write at night and scheduled it in the morning....?

No telling. Many posts were posted within the 8:40-9:15 AM time frame. Today's post is by no means early.

Edited by justaname

1 minute ago, justaname said:

No telling. Many posts were posted within the 8:40-9:15 AM time frame. Today's post is by no means early.

Many of the reading & decision posts have evening-time pictures...(or so they seem). So it was written yesterday and timed today. Am I wrong?

7 minutes ago, indianIRguy said:

What are you guys doing right now...? I came home from work, and just dumped myself infront of my laptop...hungry, but it can wait....

I'm in New York under self quarantine because of so many COVID cases in my neighborhood... I cannot think of a worse time to be quarantined with nothing to do ?

1 minute ago, indianIRguy said:

Many of the reading & decision posts have evening-time pictures...(or so they seem). So it was written yesterday and timed today. Am I wrong?

I don't see any night-time pictures in reading & decision posts? Do you mind sharing a link to one?

Hi guys! it's already midnight here in Tokyo. My mom just called to check on me about corona cos I commute by train everyday. She even told me to wear the rain coat when going to work to prevent corona..bahahaha.. 

I think I am gonna be off to bed now. Too sleepy to wait any longer (but maybe I will wake up later at 3AM to check... ?)

1 minute ago, Covid-20 said:

Between this and covid-19 news I will probably get fired by the end of the week. I ´ve spent my days washing my hands and refreshing this blog all day long. ?

This made my day! I feel you hahahahahahah

I feel since they have posted about how hard they are working, they will roll out the decisions soon (before the weekend). However, not today. Best bet is tomorrow after they post about the admitted candidates. 

Has anyone heard from Princeton, somebody was saying they send emails prematurely to let the selected candidates know about their result. 

38 minutes ago, indianIRguy said:

BTW, the blog post came up at 9:15 Boston time...do you think Matt already went to office so early and became that busy by then? Or did he just write at night and scheduled it in the morning....?

Anyways, I couldn’t understand the logic of recent blog. They just had to post a “copy and paste” kind of ADMITTED category blog. This would have taken lesser time then writing those lines in recent blog. Admitted blog could have given them a day or so before final release. Do they want to buy more time and so delaying the admitted blog? What they are upto? 
Usually, at this time, everything is already in place and they just conduct dry run at their end to see if everything is working seamlessly.. This blog could be an indication of that status. 

Edited by spnfiim