Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

Anyone has his application portal changed? it seems that until last year, before they released the result people's portals had some changes but it is still silent this year, so I guess we will need to wait longer...also consider the virus...

Just now, KIMAMS said:

Anyone has his application portal changed? it seems that until last year, before they released the result people's portals had some changes but it is still silent this year, so I guess we will need to wait longer...also consider the virus...

nothing's changed for me

5 minutes ago, indianIRguy said:

BTW, the the other year, they had an even mean blog post about reading out names, if that comes in between, then it's not going to be earlier than Monday...am I right?

Yeah that's true. People talked about that post as well...Seems that we may not hear about the result this week then...Haizzz...

Edited by KIMAMS

I wish we all could gather at one place now...I would bring some bottles of Japanese sake to share with you guys while waiting. Well, we have many good sake...? 

1 minute ago, KIMAMS said:

I wish we all could gather at one place now...I would bring some bottles of Japanese sake to share with you guys while waiting. Well, we have many good sake...? 

we can do that when we all meet each other in cambridge

I think HKS is also monitoring this forum and playing with us!! ??

I also agree that two posts have never come on same date. At this point, if they want to share alumni news then they shouldn’t release another post which is more awaited. The post of alumni will loose its significance. 

Having said so, I still think they should release result tomorrow because that way HKS gets some extra time to release FinAid results. It keeps sanity of those who are selected (but not funded) in check. Otherwise, just think that you get selected for your dream program and still not being funded. You will not be sure how to react!! 

So, unless HKS team wants to work on weekends, they must release admission results tomorrow and FinAid day-after. 

This year, a few creative blogs have come up from HKS, and few routine ones dropped (like blog with letter heads and pens in sight). Could it be possible that HKS combines “Admitted category” and “status update” blog together? Or, as already discussed, another blog today, may be later in the day? Or, Two separate blogs tomorrow?

With HKS everything is possible!!

All the best guys!! 

Edited by spnfiim

Hey guys, newbie here. I ve got a question for you all. I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

I am applying to the 2year MPA and my partner is applying to Harvard Law LLM. This fact was made explicit in my optional essay

Is this an advantage or a disadvantage? I have a strong application, with 90th percentile GRE scores and very good recommendations letters; and my partner was top 8% of her class, also good recommendations, but no publications or academic work?

Thanks guys, and good luck to all of you!

8 minutes ago, Covid-20 said:

Hey guys, newbie here. I ve got a question for you all. I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

I am applying to the 2year MPA and my partner is applying to Harvard Law LLM. This fact was made explicit in my optional essay

Is this an advantage or a disadvantage? I have a strong application, with 90th percentile GRE scores and very good recommendations letters; and my partner was top 8% of her class, also good recommendations, but no publications or academic work?

Oh boy should you get into the MPA just upon your creative username...

And I guess, they'll think that it's a cool thing to know. As far as I see, it will have zero influence on your evaluation, neither advantage nor disadvantage...my two cents...

1 hour ago, Covid-20 said:

Laughed the crap out of me, COVID-20! I don't think your co-application to Harvard with your partner will play any correlated role in your own application as both schools operate applications in different way with independent admissions committees. 

Best of luck! 

At first I just want to know and also don’t want to know the result. kind of contradictory... Admission Anticipation and worry about rejection...But after this anxiety torture, I would like to know the result immediately.... At least I have Sipa-epm and Cornell MPA offer...Harvard just do me a favor ok...omg what am I talking about...