2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

14 minutes ago, BC_2020 said:

Anyone heard information about Emory? Do they do skype interviews? 

Have you already heard back? I didn’t apply there; I’m just curious. I think they once did interviews—maybe even on campus—but I’m not sure whether they still do. 

10 minutes ago, politolog said:

Have you already heard back? I didn’t apply there; I’m just curious. I think they once did interviews—maybe even on campus—but I’m not sure whether they still do. 

Thx! Just wondering if they do Skype meeting these days since I heard that they used to give interviews pretty early. 

I do not envy you guys at all! I was in the same position as an applicant last year and ended up being one of the lucky few. It's the most nerve wracking 2-3 months that I can recall. For what it is worth, just trust me when I say that obsessing over forum entries and results posts will not make it all easier. On the contrary it makes the whole thing even more stressful. Good luck to you all! I genuinely hope it works out for you!

If the Berkeley results are not fake, do you think that the results of comparative politics came out earlier than other subfields? There are more than 10 results I think

22 minutes ago, horololo said:

If the Berkeley results are not fake, do you think that the results of comparative politics came out earlier than other subfields? There are more than 10 results I think

If the results are to be believed, then both AP and CP have been announced. 

So i know that its super unlikely that they would be released this early, and it appears as they are fake as no one in the forums has stepped forward and claimed any of the decisions, but there are just so many posted that it seems super strange. In the past people have posted like one or two Harvard acceptances this early as a troll, but i don't think there has ever been that many fake posts. 

So either they are real and its just a coincidence that no one here has had any, or someone is really really bored. 

29 minutes ago, SeriousDiver said:

Anyone can post multiple admit decisions. It isn't difficult for a troll to do that. It is fake.

Agreed. It doesn't need to link to multiple accounts to have multiple results pop up. Also, it wouldn't make sense that no one on here has claimed one. Just don't understand why someone would go this far with trolling -- REALLY bored I guess? 

I am certain the Berkeley results are fake.

1. Like others, I followed the incoming results closely last year and I don't recall even a single time when results came out from a school and where no one subsequently claimed their acceptance in the forum. And since Berkeley is a big school it is even more unlikely that no one would tell us about it. These would also be the first results out this year, which leads me to believe that people really would be eager to share share their admittances with us. But no one has.

2. The results are also too early and there have barely ever been any confirmed acceptances seen around this time.

3. Many of you did apply to Berkeley and have noted that your application statuses have not changed.

4. On the results page, there is also a "wait-listed" post. This would be the first from Berkeley.

5. And finally, it really sounds like the same person speaking in all results posts.

Given all these considerations, the posts must be fake. I suggest that you just forget about it all, don't stress, and don't lose hope if you applied to Berkeley.

Popping in to say that there are entire reddit threads where people with really boring lives conspire to plant fake results on gradcafe. [I’ve seen screen shots of this in prior years.] Seriously, that has to be one of the least rewarding methods of trollery out there.