2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

4 hours ago, Vivlovelife28 said:

I have applied to Pittsburgh as well, and haven't heard anything back, does it mean I am basically rejected ? oh and congrats and good luck with your interview :) 

Thanks! It is hard to know, but I assume they are planning to talk with short-listed candidates as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it is likely that you are rejected. ?I hope to be mistaken, and wish you good luck for the rest of your applications!

I am also waiting each day for responses from GW and UNC, as it seems it was around this time in previous years that they sent results. How are you all coping with the stress and uncertainty? I am especially afraid of being rejected from all ten places I applied to, although I know it's a scenario I should prepare for. Would appreciate any words of wisdom!

5 minutes ago, Mixedmethodsisa4letterword said:

Which schools are expected to announce their decisions by the end of Jan?

I expect George Washington University will release by the end of the week and Boston University between the end of the month and early February. Not sure of other programs that release in January, just keeping track of the ones I applied to.

16 minutes ago, Mixedmethodsisa4letterword said:

It looks like CU Boulder will also release before Feb. Or at least that's what i'm hoping 

1 hour ago, Mixedmethodsisa4letterword said:

Below is a table I made using previous year's admissions data. I know Wisconsin told me they would have decisions by end of the month. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 9.27.33 AM.png

4 hours ago, Dwar said:

It looks like CU Boulder will also release before Feb. Or at least that's what i'm hoping 

Also applying to Boulder. To which subfield are you applying? CP for me. 

5 hours ago, Dwar said:

Also applied to CU Boulder, last year I think they accepted some at the very end of January. Good Luck!

1 minute ago, cardinal35 said:

Also applied to CU Boulder, last year I think they accepted some at the very end of January. Good Luck!

That is what it looks like. In the past they've started to accept people around the 25th all the way to the 31st. 

And thanks! Lord knows i need it.

11 hours ago, ikebana said:

Thanks! It is hard to know, but I assume they are planning to talk with short-listed candidates as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it is likely that you are rejected. ?I hope to be mistaken, and wish you good luck for the rest of your applications!

Quite disheartened to know that..... but thank you for Ur kind words, keeping hope alive for the rest of the applications. 

Looks like northwestern is sending out results? I didn't get mine and my portal hasn't changed, but there's one international theory acceptance there, so I guess I didn't get in :(

Edited by horololo

48 minutes ago, horololo said:

Looks like northwestern is sending out results? I didn't get mine and my portal hasn't changed, but there's one international theory acceptance there, so I guess I didn't get in :(

Northwestern doesn't usually announce all decisions at the same time, so don't lost hope! 

4 minutes ago, harshz3792 said:

The post says accepted via Phone on 23rd January. I think whoever posted it forgot that 23rd is tomorrow!

I don't know whether that posting meant to claim Columbia, but 23rd is today for many countries that are not in the States ?

12 minutes ago, horololo said:

I think the post was for the question of 1a/1p/1r/ etc thing, not the result lol

Even the post that mentioned accept stated that they received an acceptance on 23rd January. That result has now been deleted.

Edited by harshz3792