2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

On 1/22/2020 at 9:03 PM, Dwar said:

That is what it looks like. In the past they've started to accept people around the 25th all the way to the 31st. 

And thanks! Lord knows i need it.

That's so soon (aka now) - has anyone heard from CU Boulder yet? It's my top pick!

2 hours ago, Marika8 said:

Someone has reported an interview from UPenn, has anyone else received an email from them or is still waiting to hear anything? Keeping my fingers crossed that I get an email soon. 

I've heard that UPenn doesn't always do interviews -- it's more up to the POI/subfield. 

2 hours ago, GabriellaG said:

That's so soon (aka now) - has anyone heard from CU Boulder yet? It's my top pick!

I've been so nervous for the past week waiting on these results. I just wish they'd release me from my anxiety. 

@Dwar, are you checking through https://grad.apply.colorado.edu/apply/?

Edited by niceward

1 hour ago, Dwar said:

Bruh it's horrible.

At work i don't really do stuff for 90% of the day so most of my time is refreshing this and the results page. 

Dude, tell me about it. I was fine until I got my first rejection from Rice (and likely a second from UT given that I haven't heard from them yet). Now I've gone off the deep end, obsessively refreshing the results page all but sure that I will receive ten rejections lol, even though I was expecting a rejection from Rice due to poor fit. I even considered applying to lower ranked schools with deadlines in February because of my tilt. I'm likely overreacting, but I did not anticipate the awfulness of the waiting game. 

1 minute ago, Ralvarez said:

Dude, tell me about it. I was fine until I got my first rejection from Rice (and likely a second from UT given that I haven't heard from them yet). Now I've gone off the deep end, obsessively refreshing the results page all but sure that I will receive ten rejections lol, even though I was expecting a rejection from Rice due to poor fit. I even considered applying to lower ranked schools with deadlines in February because of my tilt. I'm likely overreacting, but I did not anticipate the awfulness of the waiting game. 

Haha ya. That Feb 15 deadline for Tulane looks awfully nice right about now. 

1 minute ago, Dwar said:

Haha ya. That Feb 15 deadline for Tulane looks awfully nice right about now. 

Lol, yup. I would, I just don't want to bother my letter writers again after having them submit letters to 10 schools. And plus, I don't really want to go to a school out of desperation if i'm not sold on the program, sounds like a recipe for disaster. 

1 hour ago, Ralvarez said:

Lol, yup. I would, I just don't want to bother my letter writers again after having them submit letters to 10 schools. And plus, I don't really want to go to a school out of desperation if i'm not sold on the program, sounds like a recipe for disaster. 

I feel you. I'm in that same boat. Part of me like "I would" but asking people for late letters of recommendation and going to any school out of desperation is rough. Ofc, hasn't stopped me from googling late application dates and higher acceptance rate schools 

4 minutes ago, GabriellaG said:

I feel you. I'm in that same boat. Part of me like "I would" but asking people for late letters of recommendation and going to any school out of desperation is rough. Ofc, hasn't stopped me from googling late application dates and higher acceptance rate schools 

Same. I've been browsing but I keep talking myself out of it. Of course I don't won't to bother my letter writers, but I also don't want to go somewhere that will make my path to employment extremely difficult. Plus, I've only heard back from 1/10, so I might be jumping the gun. Its hard not to though.

6 hours ago, sloth_girl said:

I've heard that UPenn doesn't always do interviews -- it's more up to the POI/subfield. 

After I wrote my post, I went back and looked at last years results and someone posted the exact same details in 2019. No one else reported interviews. Looks like this may be fake... 

Has anyone heard back from UC Riverside, Irvine, Berkley, or really any UC?? Im driving myself crazy refreshing my email and the results page, waiting on the schools to notify me when i should be studying for my political theory exam tomorrow ? also @Dwar what program are you applying for? Im going through the exact same thing. I got rejected from rice, which I knew was inevitable due to poor fit as well, yet, the rejection threw me into complete panic mode.

26 minutes ago, LetMeInPLS said:

Has anyone heard back from UC Riverside, Irvine, Berkley, or really any UC?? Im driving myself crazy refreshing my email and the results page, waiting on the schools to notify me when i should be studying for my political theory exam tomorrow ? also @Dwar what program are you applying for? Im going through the exact same thing. I got rejected from rice, which I knew was inevitable due to poor fit as well, yet, the rejection threw me into complete panic mode.

I heard from a professor at UCI last week and when I spoke to them, they said I was admitted and would get an email this week, but no formal email so far. Good luck! I haven't heard anything from Berkeley either, but others received acceptance emails if you check a few pages back.

27 minutes ago, LetMeInPLS said:

some people on this thread and on the result page claimed Berkeley admissions so far.

Congrats to everyone who got admissions from Berkeley and Austin!