2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

4 hours ago, captmarvel said:

Same — email to check the portal and then rejection there. 

Hi all! Just wondering if any others still haven't heard from Berkeley at this point? I don't have an email from them, and nothing has changed on my portal. It seems like both acceptances and rejections have been sent out, so I was curious if anyone else was in the same position. 

Anyone have any idea of chances of getting accepted off of UT Austin's waitlist? I can't imagine there are that many people waitlisted, considering they're paying for us to join for their admitted students' day, but also I have no idea. 

(On an unrelated note: If you got into UT, you should reject their offer. Texas is only gonna get worse with global warming, Austin's bbq is overrated, etc.). 

6 minutes ago, Grad Apps Aren't Fun said:

Anyone have any idea of chances of getting accepted off of UT Austin's waitlist? I can't imagine there are that many people waitlisted, considering they're paying for us to join for their admitted students' day, but also I have no idea. 

They are paying for wait-listed students to come to their visit weekend? Wooooooooooow, guess that oil money is really helping them.  

5 minutes ago, Grad Apps Aren't Fun said:

(On an unrelated note: If you got into UT, you should reject their offer. Texas is only gonna get worse with global warming, Austin's bbq is overrated, etc.). 

I think this depends on the sub-field and POI of the admits that decline an offer. If said admit declines an offer and was supposed to work with one of your POI's then its likely you will be considered for admission. Thats the way it is with most schools. 

1 hour ago, Dwar said:

So for like the past couple years CU has consistently come out on the last week of January. Don’t know why this year they decided to be extra and wait longer 

They are finding extra money to further tantalize us, specifically, with exorbitant funding packages. (Please.)