2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

1 hour ago, Theory007 said:

Congrats! That's outstanding. Did you by any chance submit either of those posts that had lower GRE scores? Just want to confirm that it's real.

I had a 169v/164q/6.0w. 
Also claiming a Minnesota acceptance -- a lot happening today! Good luck to everyone -- I know this is a hard time of the year. 

Anyone applying to GWU MPA/Trachtenberg in general? Just wanted thoughts on your experience with applying so far!

Also was wondering if anyone knew the general GPA range I should be in for MPA programs in general. Very new to this process and really could not find the info online. 

Edited by rcarvano

39 minutes ago, rcarvano said:

Anyone applying to GWU MPA/Trachtenberg in general? Just wanted thoughts on your experience with applying so far!

Also was wondering if anyone knew the general GPA range I should be in for MPA programs in general. Very new to this process and really could not find the info online. 

Hey, you should jump over to the “government affairs” sub section under the “professional programs” area. They deal more with professional MA and MPA programs. 

this forum mostly deals with academic political science programs. 

Just now, Dwar said:

Hey, you should jump over to the “government affairs” sub section under the “professional programs” area. They deal more with professional MA and MPA programs. 

this forum mostly deals with academic political science programs. 

I really appreciate that! Thanks for the direction. 

6 hours ago, Theory007 said:

Congrats! That's outstanding. Did you by any chance submit either of those posts that had lower GRE scores? Just want to confirm that it's real.

Yup, just want to confirm that it's real. I really think fitness with the department matters most.

35 minutes ago, Mr_Spock2018 said:

Hi All, 

I am claiming the Minnesota acceptance with the horrible quant GRE score (152).  I would echo what people on this forum have said, fit with the department is very important.  

Good luck to everyone!  

Congrats dude!

4 hours ago, Mr_Spock2018 said:

Hi All, 

I am claiming the Minnesota acceptance with the horrible quant GRE score (152).  I would echo what people on this forum have said, fit with the department is very important.  

Good luck to everyone!  

That’s awesome, congrats! Keeping my fingers crossed that my low quant scores won’t get in the way of acceptance.

3 minutes ago, Romcomulus said:

Is it common for applicants to apply to 20+ schools? I just saw an NYU admit that applied to 22 schools. I applied to ten and I thought that was a lot. Lol, now I'm worried I should have applied to more.

i applied to 15 schools and prob would stupid go  for 23-ish if i could afford it

2 minutes ago, Romcomulus said:

Is it common for applicants to apply to 20+ schools? I just saw an NYU admit that applied to 22 schools. I applied to ten and I thought that was a lot. Lol, now I'm worried I should have applied to more.

I mean concerning the application fees that average around $70, it makes more than $1500 to only apply to that many schools. As an international student, that is more than the whole salary of a person in Turkey. LOL.