2020 Applicants Forum

feralgrad

5 minutes ago, Elirallo13 said:

emailed Iowa to see if they were done w fiction and got this: 

None of the decision letters have been mailed out.  We usually mail them the first week of March.

That seems like stretching the truth at best considering the fact that multiple people have received phone calls...

At any rate, thanks for sharing the info!

16 minutes ago, Karakoram said:

Got rejected by Michigan. The email went to spam 1 hour ago. :-s Well, only 4 to go. 

Same. This was my top school....hard not to feel like I'm not good enough for them. 

46 minutes ago, Elirallo13 said:

None of the decision letters have been mailed out.  We usually mail them the first week of March.

Omg they NEVER responded to me. 

46 minutes ago, Elirallo13 said:

Ugh that's annoying, that's not what you were asking them

Just now, Elirallo13 said:

hits so different to be sitting in an undergrad classroom at the university of michigan when I receive this email 

Gosh....that really sucks, sorry for you as well...sigh.

24 minutes ago, Elirallo13 said:

hits so different to be sitting in an undergrad classroom at the university of michigan when I receive this email 

I’m so sorry ❤️

32 minutes ago, rbr542 said:

Same. This was my top school....hard not to feel like I'm not good enough for them. 

Shit. Was hoping you’d get in! So sorry.

40 minutes ago, ReluctantGradCafePerson said:

I am not in Draft on FB. I would love some insight on NYU if anyone here has some. TIA.

I just want to know one way or the other, but historically, it looks like they sometimes wait until March to send out rejections or waitlist responses. Le Sigh. 

Draft has 5 NYU acceptances 1 CNF, 1 Fic, and 3 Poetry. All from 2/24. But that’s all. 

in other news have you ever run out of likes to give on gradcafe? It wouldn’t let me like anything lol. Too positive I suppose. 

Edited by Yesgirlstoo

44 minutes ago, ReluctantGradCafePerson said:

I am not in Draft on FB. I would love some insight on NYU if anyone here has some. TIA.

I just want to know one way or the other, but historically, it looks like they sometimes wait until March to send out rejections or waitlist responses. Le Sigh. 

All of this was helpful from Draft!

image.png.0730566b555aaa49020b9632f88fc29e.png

The person at bottom followed up to say: "check your emails!!! they’ll probably notify into next week, i think. just bc you havent gotten a call doesnt mean you haven’t gotten in!"

Edited by discoheat

hi everyone! first time/long time. like a lot of people i've been lurking on here in total agony as news begins to trickle out. i applied to a lot of fiction programs; so far i've been rejected by wisconsin and michigan. i figure it's probably safe to assume a rejection from iowa, too? i've also been waitlisted at vanderbilt, which feels like a victory though obviously i'd like to actually get in somewhere.. 

wondering if anyone has any news on montana? in the facebook group or elsewhere?

many, many congrats to all with good news so far. hopefully the rest of us will get some, too! trying to stay zen and tell myself whatever happens is ~meant to be~ or whatever. much easier said than done!

Edited by wek123

3 hours ago, Elirallo13 said:

I feel you! I was also rejected by the grad school program of my current undergrad a week ago and damn :( Sorry to hear that (also rejected from michigan today haha)

Just now, imnotaboutthat said:

on that note, how have u guys been taking care of yourself while dealing with rejection? also dont want to tell my recommenders how many rejections ive gotten...??

yo that's some real real right there. 

I've been writing! Eating decadently. Focusing on other upcoming events that will happen around the time final decisions are due. I remind myself that I'll know by then and look forward to the event itself, with admission decisions on the back burner of my mind.