2020 Applicants Forum

feralgrad

Whelp, looks like this might be another day of refreshing my email in vain. Feeling kind of demoralized right now seeing acceptances go out for the other programs I applied to, while I have one acceptance and no guarantee of funding. Honestly the worst of it all is that I don't have enough privacy in my home to wallow...

Edited by feralgrad

5 minutes ago, Dochinka96 said:

I just got an email from Colorado a State about a background check for GTA position. Never got notified I was even admitted. I have no idea what to make of anything anymore. 

Could be that your spam filter got it. That happens to me sometimes, as I still use my university email address, which has an oversensitive filter.

At any rate, congrats!!

Edited by feralgrad

I saw on results that someone got into rutgers-camden for creative non fiction (congrats to them!!) now I'm just hoping I get a smidgen of good news from them soon. 
I can see the "R" for rutgers on their biggest building in Camden every day from where I work and I've felt nauseous for two weeks...haha...it's fine!! We'll all be fine! 

13 hours ago, catkin said:

More acceptances for NYU poetry going out. Given that 6 have been registered on the site and that not everyone uses this site obviously, it feels like a death knell to not have heard anything yet. Anyone have insight?

No insight, but I am with you on this. After no news yesterday, I am figuring the worst. :( I have not lost *all* hope, but a good 90% of it is gone. 

30 minutes ago, ReluctantGradCafePerson said:

No insight, but I am with you on this. After no news yesterday, I am figuring the worst. :( I have not lost *all* hope, but a good 90% of it is gone. 

NYU sent out a mass email to everyone who was accepted yesterday (across all genres). To be completely frank (which I hope is helpful), the wording of the email seems to imply that everyone who was accepted received the email yesterday. Of course, I'm not omniscient here! And I have no idea where they are with waitlist notifications either. Best of luck to everyone!!

Did anyone else just get a late, unexpected "Your application is complete" email from the Brooklyn College application portal? There have been no actual changes to my application status - just seems like the confirmation email that I should've gotten six weeks ago only just arrived. It gave me a goddamn heart attack.

Just now, rockythehyrax said:

Did anyone else just get a late, unexpected "Your application is complete" email from the Brooklyn College application portal? There have been no actual changes to my application status - just seems like the confirmation email that I should've gotten six weeks ago only just arrived. It gave me a goddamn heart attack.

I got that too. Emailed the office to double check to see if it means anything and will report back.

21 minutes ago, casskress said:

NYU sent out a mass email to everyone who was accepted yesterday (across all genres). To be completely frank (which I hope is helpful), the wording of the email seems to imply that everyone who was accepted received the email yesterday. Of course, I'm not omniscient here! And I have no idea where they are with waitlist notifications either. Best of luck to everyone!!

Very helpful. Thanks so much! 

I'm super cranky today.

I know ASU acceptances went out, but I'm not seeing any on the boards. They accept 6 people (3 fiction/3 poetry). Someone posted that they're on the wait list on Draft. I want to be on the wait list. Wah.

Edited by SarahBuya