2020 Applicants Forum

feralgrad

I have heard from 3 of the 15 programs I applied to. I know that so many of them have already started notifying. I’m constantly telling myself I’ve been rejected everywhere because, at this point, no news feels like bad, bad news. Why does this process have to feel so horrible :( I JUST WANT CONCRETE ANSWERS.

Accepted to University of Montana! Funding pending. "We are not able to offer funding at this time; however, you are in a spot on our list where we have often been able to offer funding win the past."

why are my notifications so weird every time Lol

8 hours ago, Dochinka96 said:

Accepted to University of Montana! Funding pending. "We are not able to offer funding at this time; however, you are in a spot on our list where we have often been able to offer funding win the past."

Congratulations! ?? 

While trying to make plans (in case this all goes south) I sent the wrong resume to the corporate office of my current job and I can’t fix it.

I guess I’m not taking the possibility of a clean sweep of rejections seriously enough. I know this isn’t how anything works, but it feels like after all the shit I’ve gone through to get this far that I should at least see a light at the end of this tunnel.

9 hours ago, Dochinka96 said:

Congrats! Thats a really cool place to go! Hope u get funded

9 hours ago, Dochinka96 said:

Congrats!!! I hope you get funding, if that's where you wanna go. 

I've been trying to find information about Montana's current funding situation, since their website seems to be pretty out of date and there was a pretty scary article in 2018 about their MFA program being on the brink of collapse. Did they give you any other specifics? Cohort size, etc.? 

I guess by now I can be sure that I'm rejected by Iowa and NYU, can't I? Seems like all acceptances were sent out last week already. These coming weeks will be hard, yes. But since last week when I give up hope, I feel I have more freedom and calmer. Well, if they don't like my stories, then that's it. I don't think I can afford the second round, coming from a third world country. I've been trying to be an optimist but this time I just can't. Anyway, good luck and fingers and toes crossed to everyone still waiting.

I think news has slowed down since last week's bloodbath. Some people are out for the year, others know where they'll be going.

Personally, I was one of those rejected from VT last week (womp womp), so I'm in a holding pattern waiting on funding info from my one acceptance. 

10 minutes ago, feralgrad said:

I think news has slowed down since last week's bloodbath. Some people are out for the year, others know where they'll be going.

Personally, I was one of those rejected from VT last week (womp womp), so I'm in a holding pattern waiting on funding info from my one acceptance. 

I have to wait until the end of this month to really find out if UNLV is gonna take me or not. I’m also still in purgatory for Iowa and VCU. I just feel like I’m in purgatory in general tbh.

50 minutes ago, catkin said:

Is it true Iowa only mails rejections?

It seems like historically they send them via mail and many have personal notes which is nice. But the wait is horrible. 

I was accepted for nonfiction at Iowa and am waiting for funding details (I just know it’s 3 years guaranteed according to the program director) but not having heard makes me think rejections will take longer too. 

I've noticed via draft there are several people with many offers. So there will be some movement as people start accepting and rejecting. That should give some hope to those waiting or already on waitlists.