2020 Acceptance Thread

Schrödinger's_Doge

2 hours ago, UndergradDad said:

Has anyone heard anything from Binghamton? I saw one rejection listed on Friday in Results, but nothing else and nothing this morning.

Hey @UndergradDad that was my rejection. I just happened to check my app status and saw that it had been rejected. I did not receive a notice of any sorts. Be sure to check your app status! I hope you have better luck than me.

8 minutes ago, energeia11235 said:

For those of us not on Facebook, would someone mind posting any info regarding Berkeley acceptances (how many, subfield details, etc.) here if there is any? Thanks in advance friends ?

Only the first one was claimed so far. The first acceptance was from someone who specializes in metanormativity, epistemology, and philosophy of language. First phone call, then email. That's all the info.

7 minutes ago, diodotus said:

Only the first one was claimed so far. The first acceptance was from someone who specializes in metanormativity, epistemology, and philosophy of language. First phone call, then email. That's all the info.

Thanks for the info diodotus! Holding out hope that not all the acceptances are out yet...(just to torture myself a bit more)

Edited by energeia11235

46 minutes ago, Eheydon said:

Accepted at Duke with a generous funding package. 

Congrats! I noticed that your AOI/"program" (not sure exactly what that means) is philosophy of biology—I think I've heard that Duke's one of the best in that area, so that's v. exciting. 

1 hour ago, energeia11235 said:

Congrats! I noticed that your AOI/"program" (not sure exactly what that means) is philosophy of biology—I think I've heard that Duke's one of the best in that area, so that's v. exciting. 

AOI = Area of Interest

2 hours ago, energeia11235 said:

Lol I am not quite sure what GradCafe expects us to put under ‘Program,’ either, so I just wrote my AOI. And yes, I’m excited about this acceptance. 

18 hours ago, ExtendedMind said:

I noticed that on the results page someone claimed acceptance to the University of Illinois, Chicago. Can we confirm this? 

I don't know if it's the one on the results page but a friend of mine has been accepted there.