2020 Acceptance Thread

Schrödinger's_Doge

I'm the one who posted about the call from Duquesne! :) Prof. Rodemeyer left a message about scheduling a longer discussion about questions regarding the program etc., so the calls might be taking a while if people are picking up and having those discussions right at that moment.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, HootyHoo said:

I'm the one who posted about the call from Duquesne! :) Prof. Rodemeyer left a message about scheduling a longer discussion about questions regarding the program etc., so the calls might be taking a while if people are picking up and having those discussions right at that moment.

Congratulations! As a current PhD at Duquesne, I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:17 PM, Estudiante Graduado said:

Posted this on the FB group but will also post here. I was shortlisted about a week and a half ago at both UC-Santa Barbara and Washington U. in St. Louis. For those confused about the 'shortlist' terminology, what they both said was that I am on a 'shortlist' of candidates for admission, and that it is too early to give out offers of admission, since those require administrative approval (from e.g., the dean of the graduate school). I take this to mean something like "you're in, but we can't officially tell you you're in."UCSB invited me out for a visit and will cover the flight/hotels/food, and WUSTL strongly encouraged me to apply for one of their university-wide fellowships (more dinero), and mentioned that they are recommending me for it once the application is complete.

I got the same e-mail from UCSB (I'm going to the open event). My application has now been updated as a provisional offer (provisional on sending them official transcripts). See you there if you'e going?

Does anyone know how accurate sites such as Peterson's are for admissions data? For Indiana University at Bloomington's HPS program, it says the acceptance rate is 88%, but that he acceptance rate for their philosophy program is only 6%. Anyone know why this would be the case?

2 hours ago, I_Man said:

Hi guys

How can I be informed about my application status of NIU?! As they did not contact me it means my application has been denied?!

I am an international applicant

You can email their department to inquire about  your status. Besides, you can have a hope to be on a (hidden) waitlist :)

Edited by KarlX

13 hours ago, deep_field said:

Not yet, and it’s killing me. Really hoping for something (even a NO) this week or next.

12 hours ago, 711fanatic said:

Good to know other people are also anxiously awaiting on Pitt HPS

here's hoping! would be incredible to study there... best of luck. where are you both applying out of?

24 minutes ago, epistemicvertigo said:

In at UNM!

Congrats! I also applied to UNM, but I've not received any info up to now. I guess that the best possible result for me is a position on the waitlist...?

BTW, do you know how many funded offers have been given?

Edited by KarlX