2020 Rejection Thread

Schrödinger's_Doge

2 minutes ago, FearNTrembling said:

Rejected from Baylor via email. 
It's an honor to be the first rejected person in this thread. I'm sure you'll hear from me again soon.

I too have been rejected from Baylor! I got an email telling me to check on an online portal which told me I was rejected. 

2 hours ago, Estudiante Graduado said:

I too have been rejected from Baylor! I got an email telling me to check on an online portal which told me I was rejected. 

omg, I hate that it makes you take that extra step, YIKES

2 hours ago, FearNTrembling said:

Haven't heard anything from U Kentucky or Boston College. After seeing that multiple people have already received offers and/or interviews, should I go ahead and assume that I have been rejected?

Since it's still quite early in the season I would wait a week or two before giving up hope.

On 2/3/2020 at 11:06 PM, Coconuts&Chloroform said:

Since it's still quite early in the season I would wait a week or two before giving up hope.

I heard that someone received offers from the schools I applied to but I haven't received anything. Is it that there are different rounds of sending offer? 

17 minutes ago, yclruce said:

I heard that someone received offers from the schools I applied to but I haven't received anything. Is it that there are different rounds of sending offer? 

Schools tend to send out acceptances and rejections in waves. The first wave of acceptances (from what I have read) tend to be for the applicants that the school is most eager about, but typically only a portion of those applicants will accept the school's offer.....you can see how this cycle would continue until all applicants have been contacted in some manner. Hope that helps!

2 hours ago, 711fanatic said:

Schools tend to send out acceptances and rejections in waves. The first wave of acceptances (from what I have read) tend to be for the applicants that the school is most eager about, but typically only a portion of those applicants will accept the school's offer.....you can see how this cycle would continue until all applicants have been contacted in some manner. Hope that helps!

so I still have some hopes, right?

Many thanks!

Rejected from Northwestern via an email that made me go check the application portal! :D 

Okay, so the smile is for a few reasons: (1) They recently lost faculty that I would have loved to work with, (2) my bad news means someone else got good news, and (3) I'm happy with the acceptances I have gotten, and there's no use in making myself more anxious than I already am. Good luck to all on this wild ass ride.

• 2 weeks later...