SLP Declining Offers 2020

I'm not sure if this is a little early or not but I saw that last years thread for fall 2019 was made almost 1 year ago today! I didn't see a thread for declining acceptance or waitlist offers for Fall/Summer 2020 so I decided to make one! So far I've declined my waitlist offer to Elmhurst College, acceptance offer to Saint Mary's, and may be taking myself off the waitlist for Indiana State. I'll most likely be going to Lewis if they get their accreditation but in case they don't I'll be going to Midwestern in Downers Grove but staying on the waitlist for SXU and GSU!

Edited by futurespeechpath1

Hi there! I’m definitely declining my offer to St. John’s University in NYC and I am very very likely to decline MGH IHP. Both programs are too expensive and I didn’t receive any financial aid at all. Still waiting on 3 more schools to respond! 

On 3/9/2020 at 8:40 AM, justwaitin:) said:

So far, I declined admissions offers from:

• Midwestern University (Downer's Grove)
  • James Madison University

When did you hear from Rush? I even completed the supplemental application around the end of Jan and got an email from their financial aid office asking me to apply for FAFSA, but haven't got any notifications on acceptance.. weird.

Edited by melodiousSLP

12 hours ago, melodiousSLP said:

When did you hear from Rush? I even completed the supplemental application around the end of Jan and got an email from their financial aid office asking me to apply for FAFSA, but haven't got any notifications on acceptance.. weird.

I heard my response from Rush on 2/24 by email. They did not contact me by the email I used in CSDCAS, though (my school email). If you used a different email address for the supplemental application (my personal email), that's where they sent the response.

On 3/12/2020 at 4:27 AM, justwaitin:) said:

I heard my response from Rush on 2/24 by email. They did not contact me by the email I used in CSDCAS, though (my school email). If you used a different email address for the supplemental application (my personal email), that's where they sent the response.

I used the same email address for both.. hmm. Did you get any funding with your acceptance?

12 hours ago, melodiousSLP said:

I used the same email address for both.. hmm. Did you get any funding with your acceptance?

Yes? The funny thing is, they sent me a separate email about my financial aid offer, but I can't figure out how to login! I posted a topic here in this forum to ask for advice, but no one responded. It involves a login/ID I can't figure out and don't see in any of my records. I will be declining my offer (though I wanted to see the financial aid offer first before declining). But in order to decline I need that same login.

I will most likely be declining Northwestern because of cost, but I'm going to wait and see if I receive any financial aid. It's a shame, because I loved the school when I toured for undergrad, and it's in a great location for me. I just can't see myself going over $100,000 in debt for a two year degree.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:10 PM, justwaitin:) said:

Yes? The funny thing is, they sent me a separate email about my financial aid offer, but I can't figure out how to login! I posted a topic here in this forum to ask for advice, but no one responded. It involves a login/ID I can't figure out and don't see in any of my records. I will be declining my offer (though I wanted to see the financial aid offer first before declining). But in order to decline I need that same login.

I emailed them about that actually and they said we’ll be receiving a letter in the mail with the info (which seems unnecessarily complicated) and it should be coming within the week. I’m also planning on declining but I was just going to email them back the form