Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

3 hours ago, JoePianist said:

This is the dirty secret: Applicants who already have pre-established connections to their identified mentors through their current or previous PI will always have the edge in applications. It’s the same deal in job applications for any career field: Employers trust who they know.

Ugh, I was afraid of this. I get the appeal for PI's, but this gets quite close to gatekeeping territory for me. Especially with COVID, networking has become even more difficult. ?

19 minutes ago, anindianchick said:

Also, anyone hear from University of Minnesota - Twin Cities? I work in a research lab there and the doctoral student I work with mentioned that UMN has started interviewing this year. But anyone know specifically about counseling PhD program?

Hi! Interviews took place early last week as far as I know.

24 minutes ago, anindianchick said:

I haven't heard anything from Lehigh nor UTK. I heard about UTK's interview invites, too. So I'm assuming that as a rejection for now.

Same here. Trying to keep a sliver of hope that they’ll send out more though! 

So I'm confused: I got an email from the grad office at GSU (assumed generic) discussing how they had so many applicants this year and were still reviewing my materials. But from what I gathered here, they actually sent out all invites last week. I thought we confirmed this? Is this is just a lack of interdepartmental communication? ?

Just now, EileanDonan said:

So I'm confused: I got an email from the grad office at GSU (assumed generic) discussing how they had so many applicants this year and were still reviewing my materials. But from what I gathered here, they actually sent out all invites last week. I thought we confirmed this? Is this is just a lack of interdepartmental communication? ?

I got the same email. Maybe we were waitlisted? Or maybe people were being dishonest about their interview invites? Either way, I'm glad to have some contact with admissions!

1 minute ago, kch16 said:

I got the same email. Maybe we were waitlisted? Or maybe people were being dishonest about their interview invites? Either way, I'm glad to have some contact with admissions!

Do you think it's worth emailing them to clarify? ? Its seems that either they actually haven't sent them all or someone needs be brought back into the loop.

1 minute ago, EileanDonan said:

Do you think it's worth emailing them to clarify? ? Its seems that either they actually haven't sent them all or someone needs be brought back into the loop.

Possibly... I'm hesitant to add to the onslaught of emails I'm sure they've already received. However, I would like to have the peace of mind... Are you the brave soul who wants to email admissions? ??

1 minute ago, EileanDonan said:

I spoke with someone who already recieved an invite last week, for my PI, and she said that they were planning to send invites out into this week as well. I also got this email and had already written them off, so not quite sure what's going on. I'm wondering if they're doing review in some kind of alphabetical order or something lol.

1 minute ago, Neuropsych94 said:

I spoke with someone who already recieved an invite last week, for my PI, and she said that they were planning to send invites out into this week as well. I also got this email and had already written them off, so not quite sure what's going on. I'm wondering if they're doing review in some kind of alphabetical order or something lol.

I haven't heard any communication from them but my name would be at the very end...holding out hope with y'all ?

10 minutes ago, kch16 said:

Possibly... I'm hesitant to add to the onslaught of emails I'm sure they've already received. However, I would like to have the peace of mind... Are you the brave soul who wants to email admissions? ??

10 minutes ago, Neuropsych94 said:

8 minutes ago, willow_15 said:

I haven't heard any communication from them but my name would be at the very end...holding out hope with y'all ?

Oh wow no kidding. ? I guess it wasn't just a fluke then. I think I'll hold out for the rest of this week, and possibly email early next week depending on how things go.

The last post on the results page for the program is confusing then.

Edited by EileanDonan

1 minute ago, ResilientQueen said:

LOL oops congrats!!! So sorry for doubting, I’ve been played too many times on the page ?

1 minute ago, ResilientQueen said:

LOL oops congrats!!! So sorry for doubting, I’ve been played too many times on the page ?

LOL no worries I don’t blame you ? UCSD poster did us dirty ??

43 minutes ago, EileanDonan said:

I got the same one! Which program did you apply to? I went with Clinical-Community so I’m thinking that their purely Clinical invites already went out and now they’re focusing on the combined program. If that’s not the case.......I’m lost.  

7 minutes ago, frazyfar said:

I got the same one! Which program did you apply to? I went with Clinical-Community so I’m thinking that their purely Clinical invites already went out and now they’re focusing on the combined program. If that’s not the case.......I’m lost.  

That's an interesting theory, I suppose we'd have to try checking back through prior posts. I applied to the clin-neuro track!

Any of the other GSU folks here willing to share which they chose?

Edited by EileanDonan

37 minutes ago, EileanDonan said:

Oh wow no kidding. ? I guess it wasn't just a fluke then. I think I'll hold out for the rest of this week, and possibly email early next week depending on how things go.

The last post on the results page for the program is confusing then.

SAME! I actually emailed admissions about the status of my appl on Monday. So I naturally assumed today's email was a response to that until I opened this forum and read other applicants also got the same email. Super confused! This is my #1 choice and I wish they would stop messing with my heart ?

7 minutes ago, EileanDonan said:

That's an interesting theory, I suppose we'd have to try checking back through prior posts. I applied to the clin-neuro track!

Clinical-Neuropsych! 

13 minutes ago, EileanDonan said:

I applied to the general clinical program POI = RL. I received the GSU email this morning too.

18 minutes ago, frazyfar said:

I guess this isn't the case since I have received this email today and I applied to general track. I'm lost too.

13 minutes ago, frazyfar said:

9 minutes ago, EileanDonan said:

I was someone who received an interview for GSU and I applied to the purely clinical track :) Hoping your theory is right and that you both receive invites!