2021 Applicants Forum

teasel

2 minutes ago, amiwritingyet said:

hey hey! new here, grateful for this forum :) i just sort of wanted to poll the room because i have no basis for making these decisions -- if you had a choice between UTK and Wyoming, which would you choose and why? both fully-funded with similar stipends. thanks in advance for any insight, i just feel like i have no idea what i'm doing.

Do you have a professor in mind that you wanted to work with? Do you have a preferred climate? Do you want to stay closer or further from home? Just a few questions to consider.

9 minutes ago, amiwritingyet said:

hey hey! new here, grateful for this forum :) i just sort of wanted to poll the room because i have no basis for making these decisions -- if you had a choice between UTK and Wyoming, which would you choose and why? both fully-funded with similar stipends. thanks in advance for any insight, i just feel like i have no idea what i'm doing.

Knoxville is a more urban environment than Laramie, but Wyoming definitely has more beautiful scenery. And Laramie is about two hours from Denver, so traveling isn't so bad. I'd take Wyoming by a slight bit over Tennessee.

congrats to all new acceptances ❤️ 

for people who are on Draft (I left the group in an attempt to stop constantly checking statuses lol and yet I'm still on here all the time......), does it look like Michener and Iowa are at least part way done sending out fiction acceptances?

22 minutes ago, M-Lin said:

oh wow, that's from March 1st. Didn't even notice! Nope, have not heard. 

Also I remember seeing someone saying that when they were accepted/contacted by Hunter that year, they were specifically told to not mention anything on social media. So maybe that is why it's completely silence... except this one weird pop up in Results 

Wait so does anyone know what's happening with Brown's admissions? There's all those rejections and an acceptance that seem to be fake (??). 

Pretty sure I'm waitlisted for Notre Dame. Michener (poetry) seems hopeful but really holding out hope for Brown

3 hours ago, nottheamazonalexa said:

is it just me or does waiting for apps just make you hate your day job even more its like can't wait for that ACCEPTANCE to come thru and LEAVE (sorry in my feelings right now)

You are NOT alone. The obsessive phone and email checking has me wanting to throw my phone in the toilet.

So I’ve noticed some John Hopkins poetry rejections on draft but haven’t seen any acceptances or waitlists. Would it be normal for them to send rejections first?

49 minutes ago, M-Lin said:

Also I remember seeing someone saying that when they were accepted/contacted by Hunter that year, they were specifically told to not mention anything on social media. So maybe that is why it's completely silence... except this one weird pop up in Results 

Hi! Been lurking for a little while--I'm not the person who posted on the results page, but I can also confirm that I got a call from Hunter faculty at the very end of February. I think they said they have a longlist of about 12 people, but other than that, I don't really have any information. Fingers crossed for all of us!

5 minutes ago, OldGirl said:

Hi! Been lurking for a little while--I'm not the person who posted on the results page, but I can also confirm that I got a call from Hunter faculty at the very end of February. I think they said they have a longlist of about 12 people, but other than that, I don't really have any information. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Thanks for letting us know! Good luck!!! 

17 minutes ago, rcsteel said:

So I’ve noticed some John Hopkins poetry rejections on draft but haven’t seen any acceptances or waitlists. Would it be normal for them to send rejections first?

It's unusual, but possible that they just do it differently than most other places. That's what I'm hoping at least lol. 

40 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Michener is expecting to get ALL decisions out by early next week.

Cecsav likes this. 

(Cecsav is out of reactions for today. ?)

Hi! Been lurking for the last few months. Does anyone close to UCR know what’s going on with the acceptances this year? There hasn’t been much activity here or on the Draft and it seems a little late in their season now. The incoming cohort is usually between 15-20 right? Was there an ask not to post acceptances?

Edited by Lewdactz

1 hour ago, mrhamlet said:

congrats to all new acceptances ❤️ 

for people who are on Draft (I left the group in an attempt to stop constantly checking statuses lol and yet I'm still on here all the time......), does it look like Michener and Iowa are at least part way done sending out fiction acceptances?

I applied to MFAs a couple years ago and had no idea about this forum or Draft. I think I may have been less compulsive and more chill about the experience back then. My loved ones are urging me to stay away from these sites

On 3/4/2021 at 2:40 PM, Clabbens said:

I applied to MFAs a couple years ago and had no idea about this forum or Draft. I think I may have been less compulsive and more chill about the experience back then. My loved ones are urging me to stay away from these sites

I feel this — and I can't even remember now where I learned about this site... or when it all began... all I know now is the compulsion.... I hope you find some peace of mind (I'm working on it too)

Finally got my rejection from NC State via email to check portal. This one hurts less since I already knew it was coming but still not feeling great.

15 minutes ago, Salaam O said:

Hi friends, I had emailed Notre Dame just inquiring about the Fiction MFA results yesterday. They didn't give me very much information at all about the process or where they're at generally, but they did end up informing me that I wasn't accepted or waitlisted. Just thought I'd update you all for whatever it's worth, they're definitely getting through the applications. 

I'm so sorry. ❤️ Sending you hugs. No updates on my portal yet...yikes. So the acceptances on here were probs legit. That's okay. Whew boy.

Did they mention if they'd made all acceptance calls already? 

I hope you're okay. I'm really sorry you didn't get in. ❤️❤️❤️ I'm glad you at least have answers, though.

21 minutes ago, Salaam O said:

Hi friends, I had emailed Notre Dame just inquiring about the Fiction MFA results yesterday. They didn't give me very much information at all about the process or where they're at generally, but they did end up informing me that I wasn't accepted or waitlisted. Just thought I'd update you all for whatever it's worth, they're definitely getting through the applications. 

Sorry to hear! I'll probably receives the same news soon. Dang, I was hoping we'd all have a nice little GradCafe cohort together in South Bend.