MSW.K

33 minutes ago, mswcandidate2021 said:

Hi! I was recently offered admission to Michigan's MSW program for Fall 2021, but I haven't committed yet. Would you be willing to talk a bit about why you chose Michigan? Thanks & congrats! :) 

Hello! Congrats on your admission as well! 

I chose Michigan for many reasons: 

• I went to Michigan for undergrad and I love the campus and city of Ann Arbor! The sports culture is also amazing here! 
  • Finances - I am an in-state student and I have a job at Michigan Medicine with the potential to receive tuition reimbursement if I keep working while pursuing my MSW (which I likely will)
  • The school has a high reputation especially in Social Work
  • Hundreds of options for field placements!
  • I've interacted with some alumni as well as faculty and it seems like the school and program does a great job supporting their students 
  • Out of my options, I believe Michigan would give me the most opportunities to learn, gain experience, and maybe even help me easily land a job in the future. 

If you'd like to learn more about UM, the campus, and the city of Ann Arbor in general, lmk! :) 

5 minutes ago, marygiselle_ said:

Hello! Congrats on your admission as well! 

I chose Michigan for many reasons: 

• I went to Michigan for undergrad and I love the campus and city of Ann Arbor! The sports culture is also amazing here! 
  • Finances - I am an in-state student and I have a job at Michigan Medicine with the potential to receive tuition reimbursement if I keep working while pursuing my MSW (which I likely will)
  • The school has a high reputation especially in Social Work
  • Hundreds of options for field placements!
  • I've interacted with some alumni as well as faculty and it seems like the school and program does a great job supporting their students 
  • Out of my options, I believe Michigan would give me the most opportunities to learn, gain experience, and maybe even help me easily land a job in the future. 

If you'd like to learn more about UM, the campus, and the city of Ann Arbor in general, lmk! :) 

Thank you so much! this is hugely helpful. :) go blue!

I just emailed Columbia asking for a timeline given that my deposit extensions for Penn and NYU are due in a few days and I don't even know where I'd pick between those 2 right now. I know I'll probably get the same response that everyone else has, I'm hoping for a bit more clarity. Fingers crossed!

33 minutes ago, mswapplicant7 said:

Wow congrats! When did you apply/hear about your acceptance?

Thanks so much!! :) I applied 1/15 for the two year track and heard back on 3/14. I submitted my scholarship appeal last Sunday 4/4. Are you waiting on uChicago? 

4 hours ago, cccrsn22 said:

For those waiting on Columbia: I emailed last night and received a response this afternoon. For regular decision applicants, I was told it could be another 2 week delay. It might not be ideal but I’m glad I got a transparent answer.

Thank you for the update!

5 hours ago, cccrsn22 said:

For those waiting on Columbia: I emailed last night and received a response this afternoon. For regular decision applicants, I was told it could be another 2 week delay. It might not be ideal but I’m glad I got a transparent answer.

Thank you. Hopefully we hear back soon. I only have about a week before NYU is gonna get my deposit money.

12 hours ago, FearedEffect said:

Thank you. Hopefully we hear back soon. I only have about a week before NYU is gonna get my deposit money.

I'm in the same boat except with Penn... NYU gave me until the end of the month. Still not sure where I'd go between these two.

Any words of advice how I should following up with a school I am still waiting to hear back for an admission decision? I’ve been admitted to two Msw programs so far, but I am waiting to hear back from my #1 Msw program. How should I email the school letting them know that I am interested and waiting on there admission decision !? 

10 minutes ago, Alyssa. Felix said:

Any words of advice how I should following up with a school I am still waiting to hear back for an admission decision? I’ve been admitted to two Msw programs so far, but I am waiting to hear back from my #1 Msw program. How should I email the school letting them know that I am interested and waiting on there admission decision !? 

I simply explained my situation to them w waiting for deposits and asked for a timeline. Pretty standard

I got taken off the waitlist for UIC and I was offered admission today! Omg, y'all! I got into my dream school in addition to the other 2 other graduate programs I got into. :D This is even better than when I got admitted into college. :D 

On 4/11/2021 at 5:43 PM, MSWchic said:

Just received an increase of 10,000 in scholarships bringing my total package to 40,000/yr from UChicago!! 

Wow that’s amazing! Did you decide to officially attend UChicago? 

13 minutes ago, William Prince said:

Congratulations!!!! I applied on the deadline Feb. 15 and confirmation was Feb 24. Hopefully I will hear from them soon!

I applied on the 11th and got confirmation on the 12th hopefully I hear soon as well!

29 minutes ago, William Prince said:

Congratulations!!!! I applied on the deadline Feb. 15 and confirmation was Feb 24. Hopefully I will hear from them soon!

13 minutes ago, Minhessica said:

I applied on the 11th and got confirmation on the 12th hopefully I hear soon as well!

best of luck!!