Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

Everyone gets that email, going off previous years. Over the coming days, it will change slightly as more info is slowly added to it until admissions day. 

I don't expect to hear back until the week of the 21st or 29th, but I could be wrong and they might do things differently this year! I just think with more applications that we are highly unlikely to get a result sooner than that. 

But hey, that is just based off the previous few years. Harvard is gonna Harvard. 

2 minutes ago, InternationalStudent said:

:(

5 minutes ago, EscapingBrexit said:

This thread last year had 35 pages, 860 replies, and 142k views. We have rookie numbers at the moment :D  

is there a separate thread for MC MPA at HKS? 

10 minutes ago, StudentUSA said:

I read that people were assigned a financial counselor on MYFAID in previous years, but I don't see the contact info on MYFAID.

Has anyone rejected ever received the MYFAID email?

I just looked through my email.  I don't recall receiving it 2 years ago when I applied and was rejected, but turns out I did. So, guess it's just what it is!

I think the statement about the blog not being updated with the usual pre-decision release posts is pretty valid, but it is strange that he hasn't been updating it as much as prior years, right? Harvard is going to Harvard is so right. 

52 minutes ago, InternationalStudent said:

I think all the other programs usually just take over the MPP thread. I applied to the MPA/ID

seems like there were a lot of deferrals from international students last year. but I guess also less internationals applying this year. 

I believe I can offer some info. I was just contacted for checking my registered address as Harvard would be sending the Winter Magazine in the next few weeks. It does seem cryptic that Harvard would be sending to current applicants this year. But I wouldn't read too much into it. They are pretty good at guarding these admission secrets. No rookie mistakes.

As for the Public Service Fellowship, there are no interviews as far as I know. You just get notified in MYFAID portal. Interviews are mainly for CPL ones.

Being a finalist for CPL fellowships is a big thing! There is truth when it is said that the process is separate from that of the HKS one. Fellowship committees get to only read resume, LORs and the essays specific to the their specific essays. No GRE scores, no HKS essays or anything else (not that there is a lot more left).

You all will get through this! Hoping for a wonderful March!

9 minutes ago, AMA_AMA said:

During my CPL finalist interview they said I would hear back by Mid-March, so I'm hopeful that we'll find out before the 20th.

I also just received an interesting mailer: an invitation to HKS's virtual reunion for May.

I really hope it is before the 20th!

11 minutes ago, AMA_AMA said:

During my CPL finalist interview they said I would hear back by Mid-March, so I'm hopeful that we'll find out before the 20th.

I also just received an interesting mailer: an invitation to HKS's virtual reunion for May.

They told me the same thing in my CPL interview. Hopefully the "late march" thing on the HKS website is just a hedge in case it goes longer than they expect. Not sure I can take three more weeks! 

I'm trying not to read into it too much, but the fact that they haven't asked me for my Fall 2020 transcript is a little alarming. Then again neither did Gtown or NYU and I have gotten into those.

1 hour ago, AnoIchi said:

I believe I can offer some info. I was just contacted for checking my registered address as Harvard would be sending the Winter Magazine in the next few weeks. It does seem cryptic that Harvard would be sending to current applicants this year. But I wouldn't read too much into it. They are pretty good at guarding these admission secrets. No rookie mistakes.

As for the Public Service Fellowship, there are no interviews as far as I know. You just get notified in MYFAID portal. Interviews are mainly for CPL ones.

Being a finalist for CPL fellowships is a big thing! There is truth when it is said that the process is separate from that of the HKS one. Fellowship committees get to only read resume, LORs and the essays specific to the their specific essays. No GRE scores, no HKS essays or anything else (not that there is a lot more left).

Are you guys based in the US? I haven't received anything (the magazine), but then I'm just living abroad so mail may take much, much longer to reach me.

1 hour ago, AMA_AMA said:

I am curious - what was the invitation exactly? 

4 hours ago, Int.App said:

Anyone heard back from the Charlie Clements Fellowship? Will there be interviews? 

Did not hear back from this fellowship - i'm wondering if there won't be interviews for it this year.

There was basically three lines of info for this one lol so I feel like anything goes. 

similar to most of you I also skipped a beat seeing the email but let me show you something I came across a couple days back on belted fellowship page which I think hints at another 20 days waiting!

“The fellowship application period for the 2021-2022 academic year will open on December 18, 2020. The application period will close on January 15, 2021. Recommendations will be due on February 3, 2021. Decisions will be announced by March 30, 2021.”

Just now, midcmpa21 said:

similar to most of you I also skipped a beat seeing the email but let me show you something I came across a couple days back on belted fellowship page which I think hints at another 20 days waiting!

“The fellowship application period for the 2021-2022 academic year will open on December 18, 2020. The application period will close on January 15, 2021. Recommendations will be due on February 3, 2021. Decisions will be announced by March 30, 2021.”

Belfer* lots of typos as I’m using phone!

21 hours ago, AnoIchi said:

Firstly congrats on being admitted to the HKS MPP. I've applied to the MC-MPA - do you happen to know if there must have been an interview for Mason fellowships?

18 hours ago, InternationalStudent said:

Is there merit-based financial aid that they give out beyond the fellowships in the financial aid application? Like, if you didn't apply to any specific scholarships but submitted the financial aid app, are you still eligible for some financial aid?

Yep - Depending on where you are from, your interests, etc. or just the quality of your overall application you can be offered financial aid from different sources that you didn't have to apply for (as long as you filled out the financial aid application).

For example, I'm Canadian and there is funding given by the Committee on General Scholarships specifically for Canadian students that I would be eligible for but I can't apply for it - you need to be recommended by the admission/financial aid committee.

Don't know if you saw this website, but I found it very useful! https://scholarships.harvard.edu/international-students