MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

22 minutes ago, hsag said:

Anyone here applied to UCLA and hasn't heard back at all?

No interview, no email of acceptance, but also no update/rejection on the portal.

I think they've JUST emailed people. I just received an email, a few seconds ago :S

15 hours ago, Popopopo said:

Guys who applied for UCLA should check your portal now~ you may see the result 

Do you have a link for the portal? I've gotten no email and no noticeable response on my application proof page. Very confused

edit: I applied to the DMA program if anyone else is in the same boat

Edited by cjfa

13 hours ago, Gahhhhhhh said:

Congratulations! Uconn was my top choice but I haven't heard back from them. Sooo... ?
But really excited for you! 

May I ask how did you hear about your acceptance? Also did you have an interview? 

Ahhh I’m sorry, such a bummer! But thank you! 

I did have an interview a few weeks ago and then they got back to me via email with an acceptance letter. 

1 hour ago, Dgzrlemc said:

Ahhh I’m sorry, such a bummer! But thank you! 

I did have an interview a few weeks ago and then they got back to me via email with an acceptance letter. 

Thank you for the info! I can move on now ?

12 minutes ago, PlzTakeME said:

If I haven’t heard back from SAIC painting after interview, should I assume rejection? Has anyone gotten a rejection for painting after interviewing?

Or maybe waitlist? I’m assuming due to high cost of tuition they have a large number of people turn down admission. I’m getting back to them this week to say no. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon! I don’t think it hurts to reach out and ask. 

21 minutes ago, Dgzrlemc said:

Or maybe waitlist? I’m assuming due to high cost of tuition they have a large number of people turn down admission. I’m getting back to them this week to say no. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon! I don’t think it hurts to reach out and ask. 

I agree. A lot of people decide not to attend because of their tuition and I will probably turn down their offer as well

32 minutes ago, Dgzrlemc said:

Thanks for sharing. I just reached out to them, let’s see! Where else are you planning to attend?

13 hours ago, Josias said:

Hi! 

Rejected from UCLA New Genre & Bard Film/Video. 

But got into CalArts Film/Video!

Does anyone here know how financial aid goes for the CalArts MFA? I really loved the environment and I really want to go. But the money just might be a problem. Does anyone have some insight? I would like to know some perspective aside from my own research. 

Thank you!

My closest friend and collaborator is at Arts and Tech MFA track at CalArts. I can ask him.

2 hours ago, Popopopo said:

Good luck for you! Maybe some of the departments will delay a little bit~

Thanks. Question for you, when you look at your application proof can you see all the images you submitted? I'm starting to think my portfolio never actually went through...

1 hour ago, cjfa said:

Thanks. Question for you, when you look at your application proof can you see all the images you submitted? I'm starting to think my portfolio never actually went through...

I'm sure it went through. I can't see the images either, and I'm in the same place as you: portal just says "submitted", no rejection but also no acceptance. I think it's just that you can't see the images on this portal, all the other ones seemed to show them. During the process I emailed the Head of Interdisciplinary Studio to ask if applications were shared between Areas of Study, and apparently yes, mine was actually shared with another Area of Study - so I'm assuming it was correctly submitted, images and all, but without showing them on the portal.

Edited by hsag

39 minutes ago, SocialKonstruct said:

My closest friend and collaborator is at Arts and Tech MFA track at CalArts. I can ask him.

Yes! that would be lovely. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, hsag said:

I'm sure it went through. I can't see the images either, and I'm in the same place as you: portal just says "submitted", no rejection but also no acceptance. I think it's just that you can't see the images on this portal, all the other ones seemed to show them. During the process I actually emailed the Head of Interdisciplinary Studio to ask if applications were shared between Areas of Study, and apparently yes, mine was actually shared with another Area of Study - so I'm assuming it was correctly submitted, images and all, but without showing them on the portal.

That makes me feel a lot better! I was looking at my calarts and yale apps and both of them show the list of submitted images and ucla shows nothing. It was the first app I submitted so I've been freaking out wondering how I didn't add a portfolio. Hopefully that isn't the case or they would have contacted. Good luck to you! It feels strange sitting here in limbo while other people have gotten decisions