MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

28 minutes ago, aniben3 said:

I did not get anything either which was disappointing. I won't be able to go as a result. ?

Ok this makes me feel better... wtf is up with them I thought Ivy League schools were supposed to have big endowments at least enough to offer something like 20-30% in scholarship 

4 hours ago, beepbopboop said:

Ok this makes me feel better... wtf is up with them I thought Ivy League schools were supposed to have big endowments at least enough to offer something like 20-30% in scholarship 

Me too... I was notified by Sharon a week ago and was excited to check my admission letter. This morning, I was very disappointed to realize that they didn't offer anything...could it be possible that they are waiting for us to contact them for the financial aid info? 

5 hours ago, aniben3 said:

I did not get anything either which was disappointing. I won't be able to go as a result. ?

post covid funding is very hard to come by is what i've heard 

1 hour ago, antlore said:

post covid funding is very hard to come by is what i've heard 

Yeah, I'm not surprised... what I'm more surprised about is that three of us have commented that we didn't receive any aid. I have also seen a couple other acceptances at that school on this forum. My thought is maybe they gave out quite a few acceptances expecting high turnover due to lack of funding. Definitely a bummer. ?

2 hours ago, laura072707 said:

Me too... I was notified by Sharon a week ago and was excited to check my admission letter. This morning, I was very disappointed to realize that they didn't offer anything...could it be possible that they are waiting for us to contact them for the financial aid info? 

I think they would've included it in the financial letter on the site if we had any :( Sending good vibes to you, seems there's several of us in this situation.

19 minutes ago, katfude said:

Anyone else not hear back from Tyler yet? I've seen that both acceptances and rejections have gone out to certain people 

I was interviewed for Tyler painting and haven’t heard from them yet

Just turned Tulane painting down so someone should get good news soon!  Also planning on turning down SMU which is funding +stipend. Don’t know if anyone was looking at that program but it has some nice things about it. If anyone was waitlisted, you might get good news. 

14 minutes ago, Scrambledmegs said:

Just turned Tulane painting down so someone should get good news soon!  Also planning on turning down SMU which is funding +stipend. Don’t know if anyone was looking at that program but it has some nice things about it. If anyone was waitlisted, you might get good news. 

Are you choosing between UW and Goldsmiths then?..

2 minutes ago, Scrambledmegs said:

Yes ma’am!  What are you thinking lately? 

I am still on the edge of my seat waiting on the results of my interviews (I had two really good ones from each) from UW and Parsons. 
but I think UW is my top one because of funding and stipend possibilities. I hope we can be cohort members

3 minutes ago, lizavetar96 said:

I am still on the edge of my seat waiting on the results of my interviews (I had two really good ones from each) from UW and Parsons. 
but I think UW is my top one because of funding and stipend possibilities. I hope we can be cohort members

Awesome! Good luck 

5 minutes ago, beepbopboop said:

not sure.... im guessing that they're going to update the portal. i've also been at the edge of my seat

me too! edge of the edge.

my understanding from a very helpful forum mate is that in the past, bard makes calls