DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

3 hours ago, jcasadogp said:

I sent my application on February... but I guess just like most people here

Many of us applied on 15 November, my deadline was 1 December 2020. It's been the 7th month... I'm aging...

4 minutes ago, av9ha6 said:

Many of us applied on 15 November, my deadline was 1 December 2020. It's been the 7th month... I'm aging...

Omg, how is it possible to take that long? It's a bit disrespectful... I hope you get the results soon

11 hours ago, giulssd said:

Italians, I just received a message for the Master programme. They wrote that the selection is closed and that we are going to receive a message with the results (99.9% rejection letter for me :') ) very soon. The suffering is almost over?

I didn't get any emails at all... Am I the only one?

4 minutes ago, Martacapp said:

I didn't get any emails at all... Am I the only one?

No, im still at "paper copies received", same since November 2020 ;) Not from Italy though. And @nichtsehrgut I'm so sorry :( You're definitely not alone, and these are so competitive... Hope you can find still find your way to Germany somehow! Or some other great country :)

19 minutes ago, Ufora said:

No, im still at "paper copies received", same since November 2020 ;) Not from Italy though. And @nichtsehrgut I'm so sorry :( You're definitely not alone, and these are so competitive... Hope you can find still find your way to Germany somehow! Or some other great country :)

Yeah I assume everything is different from one country to the other, cause for what I know all Italians who have applied for the Master all disciplines are still at "Application submitted". I was just wondering if the person who received this update in Italy had actually been asking them for information, or if the Italian DAAD sends update emails only to some of us ?

Just now, Martacapp said:

Yeah I assume everything is different from one country to the other, cause for what I know all Italians who have applied for the Master all disciplines are still at "Application submitted". I was just wondering if the person who received this update in Italy had actually been asking them for information, or if the Italian DAAD sends update emails only to some of us ?

Yes, it'd be really weird if some Italians got updates and others didn't... Let's stick by the age old motto "no news is good news"..? Good luck though!

1 minute ago, giulssd said:

This was  the answer to a message that I sent more than 1 month ago, I think... We're all on the same boat ?

Ohh ok hahah it makes sense. Well I'm just hoping to get the rejection letter ASAP at this point, since apparently anyone who wasn't invited to the interview is out? I have given up on this so long ago, but I really need some closure, this has been going on for way too long.

10 hours ago, Martacapp said:

Ohh ok hahah it makes sense. Well I'm just hoping to get the rejection letter ASAP at this point, since apparently anyone who wasn't invited to the interview is out? I have given up on this so long ago, but I really need some closure, this has been going on for way too long.

What I don't understand is why they didn't tell us (who didn't have the interview) that we were out already in April... so disrespectful to give us still a little bit of hope ?

49 minutes ago, giulssd said:

What I don't understand is why they didn't tell us (who didn't have the interview) that we were out already in April... so disrespectful to give us still a little bit of hope ?

For sure! And considering that nobody in this forum was selected for the interview, I had even started to think they were not actually interviewing anybody. But then I found a girl on Facebook (from Italy and for the same scholarship) who wrote that she was invited to the interview in the beginning of April, so I guess they just ditched us and they don't give a crap about telling us earlier hahaha

Hey! I sent an email asking about how is it that some people are still at initial stages while others have already been to an interview and they replied this

"Due to the corona pandemic, many processes have been delayed. This also applies to the final selection round for the long-term scholarships. We hope to be able to give the final feedback within the next few weeks to all the applicants. Therefore, I would like to ask for a little more patience and hope, that this doesn't cause any inconveniences. "

I'm honestly not sure what that means, because I think it is definitively too late for an interview at this point

Good morning everyone! So today I was panicking because I have seen in here that many people had an interview, but I didn't. I contacted the regional daad office in Rome and they said that there will be no interviews for PhD short term grants... which made me feel *slightly* better. I assume the interviews were only held for Masters scholarships and some specific PhD programs? 

1 hour ago, Valyti said:

Good morning everyone! So today I was panicking because I have seen in here that many people had an interview, but I didn't. I contacted the regional daad office in Rome and they said that there will be no interviews for PhD short term grants... which made me feel *slightly* better. I assume the interviews were only held for Masters scholarships and some specific PhD programs? 

I guess so! I'm also an applicant for PhD long term stay and there is no interview IMHO. For MA applicants there is, and I guess also for the ones who are going for a full PhD program to Germany. 

1 hour ago, Valyti said:

That is what I was thinking as well. It makes sense in my opinion, after all if you can apply for a PhD scolarship it means that you have already gone through a selection process (in this case by the PhD supervisor). They probably focus their already short time on selecting the masters students.

So, I will stay positive. Of course, it would be better to have the results now, though.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, Lucía González said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm from Colombia I have applied to the Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film, my aplication already said 

Initial funding Preselection mad

There is anyone in my same situation?? or thre is anyone from my country or maybe applying to the same scolarship who has already a response??

Hey! Colombian here to tell you I've been rejected ☹️

5 hours ago, Martacapp said:

For sure! And considering that nobody in this forum was selected for the interview, I had even started to think they were not actually interviewing anybody. But then I found a girl on Facebook (from Italy and for the same scholarship) who wrote that she was invited to the interview in the beginning of April, so I guess they just ditched us and they don't give a crap about telling us earlier hahaha

3 hours ago, Sara13 said:

Hey! I sent an email asking about how is it that some people are still at initial stages while others have already been to an interview and they replied this

"Due to the corona pandemic, many processes have been delayed. This also applies to the final selection round for the long-term scholarships. We hope to be able to give the final feedback within the next few weeks to all the applicants. Therefore, I would like to ask for a little more patience and hope, that this doesn't cause any inconveniences. "

I'm honestly not sure what that means, because I think it is definitively too late for an interview at this point

Hi,

I am also from Italy and I applied for the MSc all disciplines scholarship. I received the invitation email for interview on 1st of April and did the interview on 29th of April. I also know other 2 guys that applied for the same scholarship and did the Interview in the same days. 

Unfortunately, I believe that passing through the pre-selection (and the interview) is a requirement to get the scholarship for Italian candidates. The interview was only 15 minutes so probably they did a huge selection before and interviewing was just a kind of confirm to get the scholarship (also because in 15 minutes you cannot tell a lot about yourself). But I still hope for you that maybe the interview was not required for everyone, even though the regulations clearly state it. 

Let's wait for results and see...

2 minutes ago, MagicBox said:

Hi,

I am also from Italy and I applied for the MSc all disciplines scholarship. I received the invitation email for interview on 1st of April and did the interview on 29th of April. I also know other 2 guys that applied for the same scholarship and did the Interview in the same days. 

Unfortunately, I believe that passing through the pre-selection (and the interview) is a requirement to get the scholarship for Italian candidates. The interview was only 15 minutes so probably they did a huge selection before and interviewing was just a kind of confirm to get the scholarship (also because in 15 minutes you cannot tell a lot about yourself). But I still hope for you that maybe the interview was not required for everyone, even though the regulations clearly state it. 

Hi! Yeah, I know, I'm from Spain and my status changed to 'paper copies received' very recently (like less than 2 weeks ago). And I actually asked them if I should consider myself out by this point without the interview, and this is the reply I got, so I really don't know. I honestly think I'm not getting it

11 minutes ago, MagicBox said:

Hi,

Thanks for the info!! Yeah I'm 100% sure we are out, cause they made it very clear that there would be an interview. I just want to see this rejection letter so I can put an end to this nightmare ?

Good luck to you!!!

28 minutes ago, Martacapp said:

Thanks for the info!! Yeah I'm 100% sure we are out, cause they made it very clear that there would be an interview. I just want to see this rejection letter so I can put an end to this nightmare ?

Good luck to you!!!

Thank you!
I am not conviced at all about how the interview went though? There were 3 Italian professors and 1 from the DAAD, and one of the professors was very rude since the beginning. I hope it was just a strategy to test my personality or something like that ahah otherwise I can't explain why he was so rude and aggressive.

Did any of you had the same experience with the interview?

Edited by MagicBox