2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

Just now, spaghettios said:

I had that on my portal and got an acceptance call a few hours later - so maybe it’s related!

Oh shit. I looked it up and it seems like all students get an ID number. They are one of my top choices, so I'm really hoping to hear back soon. Major congrats on your acceptance! 

3 hours ago, spaghettios said:

My application looks the same! 

Just now, spaghettios said:

I had that on my portal and got an acceptance call a few hours later - so maybe it’s related!

https://accounts.iam.ucla.edu/lookup "If you are  affiliated with one of these populations you have a UID number: New UCLA students (including admitted and waitlisted students)"... so maybe there is hope? I'm trying not to read too much into it. 

Just now, ashortchemist said:

https://accounts.iam.ucla.edu/lookup "If you are  affiliated with one of these populations you have a UID number: New UCLA students (including admitted and waitlisted students)"... so maybe there is hope? I'm trying not to read too much into it. 

It sounds like a good sign. And there's sooooo much time. Good luck. ?

7 minutes ago, ashortchemist said:

I see that on my UCLA portal as well. It looks like they are releasing some more decisions today. Hopefully that's a good sign. 

university ID number on application proof? I think the ID number was on applicant status portal from the beginning? 

Just now, hanncho said:

university ID number on application proof? I think the ID number was on applicant status portal from the beginning? 

Maybe I'm wrong, but up until yesterday, I was only seeing an application reference number and not a UID number. Now I have two numbers listed on the portal. Can anyone else confirm this? 

18 hours ago, trienemybest said:

anyone else see a new Student ID Number on the top right of their application portal at UC Irvine? I just checked and if I'm not mistaken, that wasn't there at first. Wondering if anyone else can confirm this?

I was just wondering the same thing. i saw someone emailed them to ask and they got an email acceptance back

anyone applied university of southern california? 

I submitted my application on December 16th and this is my application portal today.

I was trying to login to check the application status and it said my information is not found?

Is it normal? is there an error occurring on their system?

or should I contact the admission department?

I'm so nervous - lol

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 09.22.05.png

23 hours ago, trienemybest said:

anyone else see a new Student ID Number on the top right of their application portal at UC Irvine? I just checked and if I'm not mistaken, that wasn't there at first. Wondering if anyone else can confirm this?

yeah mine too. Trying not to get my hopes up for Irvine though. I do think it means that they're started processing your app. 

16 hours ago, frozonecom said:

I also applied to Texas A&M. When did you submit? I got a little over the deadline though. :( I hope I still got chance. Does Texas A&M do interviews?

I applied on December 3rd and got my email saying I got in on the 11th. I will say a specific PI there and the chemistry graduate recruitment coordinator had personally reached out to me after finding me on linked in (on Nov 29th) so that is possibly why I got my acceptance so quick. I got the official offer letter December 16th.

I didn't have an interview and haven't heard of anyone having interviews but from what I understand it is uncommon in chemistry. I believe they are on break so don't stress too much! The PI's there seem to be great about responding ASAP so reach out maybe? Keep me updated and good luck!!

12 hours ago, frozonecom said:

On top of submitting after Dec 15, I didn't contact the PIs I listed in my SOP. So I guess I will need to wait until everyone that submitted by the deadline are evaluated, and if they still have slots available by then will they evaluate my application.

I'll try reaching out to the PIs after the holidays. Thank you very much for the information and the advice! :)

Of course! Their PIs seem really involved and like they have a lot to do with admissions (from my experience at least) so hopefully it helps!

3 hours ago, kittensneezesforever said:

Update from me: Acceptances to UW-Madison, Yale, and University of Washington! I submitted basically everything by mid-November. At Yale and Madison I had spoken with PIs, but I did not contact anyone at University of Washington.

Congrats!  Would you be willing to share which division you applied to?