Fall 2021

baerga

22 hours ago, a-c-relly said:

Hey everyone! Has anyone heard back from UMD? I interviewed in early January for a terminal MA, and it's been radio silence. I'm assuming based on previous seasons that it's a rejection. 

Also, any other Tufts applicants? :)Good luck, all!

There is a post on the Results search for someone getting accepted to UMD PhD the end of January

I received an offer for the MA Art History Courtauld for Experiencing Modernism: Utopia, Politics, and Times of Turmoil! I am still waiting to hear back from UCLA for an alternate MLIS program. Next for me starts the confusing part for me which is the financial aspect. Any US student who want to connect who have been accepted for 2021/2022 :)? Congrats for everyone on here getting into their desired programs!

Edited by Aplanck

28 minutes ago, istoria7 said:

@ebp and @lingc35 

If you were to be accepted to both Columbia (which seems likely given your upcoming interviews) and Harvard, do you know which one you would attend? Asking as someone who was waitlisted at Harvard...

I have no idea at this point especially with other schools still pending decisions. I definitely won't make any decision before the virtual open houses of each school which so far for me are in early March. 

45 minutes ago, istoria7 said:

@ebp and @lingc35 

If you were to be accepted to both Columbia (which seems likely given your upcoming interviews) and Harvard, do you know which one you would attend? Asking as someone who was waitlisted at Harvard...

They're a close top two for me, but I've always leaned towards Harvard for purely personal reasons (it would put me close to family + friends, and I think a support network is important in grad school). I'm very attracted to elements of Columbia's program that might be slightly more suitable for me though, so I would keep a pretty open mind through some of the virtual visits if I do end up getting in. That is to say, I probably also won't be making a decision until March. 

32 minutes ago, Kylix said:

Has anyone else applied to Princeton's Art and Archaeology Department? Has anyone heard back or learned how many students they're taking? 

Seems like they’re dragging their feet. I’ve had zero communication. I hope they come out with something soon so you can act on that other offer! 

16 hours ago, Kylix said:

Has anyone else applied to Princeton's Art and Archaeology Department? Has anyone heard back or learned how many students they're taking? 

I also haven't heard from Princeton but they never do interviews and it seems like rejections and acceptances go out on the same day typically. I had contact with three faculty in the fall and have considered reaching out to them but I'm not sure how helpful it will be or if they will respond. 

8 minutes ago, szn82 said:

I think they already sent out acceptances to their first round

Ahhhhhhh okay congrats to those who heard back!! Anyone okay with sharing their fields? I’m assuming that means I’m out of the running but I’m glad to at least know now and not later! 

3 minutes ago, peploskore said:

Ahhhhhhh okay congrats to those who heard back!! Anyone okay with sharing their fields? I’m assuming that means I’m out of the running but I’m glad to at least know now and not later! 

you might get waitlisted? Idk

Edited by szn82

On 2/9/2021 at 1:03 PM, SavannahW said:

Hey all! I submitted applications to the PHD programs at USC, UCSB, UCLA, and Michigan, and the MA programs at American University, and Illinois. Also applied to the curatorial studies MFA at the University of Kentucky, where I got my bachelors. Wondering if anyone has applied to these programs and has hear anything back from them. So far I have only heard from American University, and got in, but haven't been informed about the funding package yet. I've seen on here that some people have heard from Michigan and USC, can anyone confirm that? Thanks and good luck to everyone ❤️

I also heard from American. They took no time at all to notify admits, lol. No word on funding yet. Do you have any idea how much they usually offer?

40 minutes ago, lapomegranate said:

I also heard from American. They took no time at all to notify admits, lol. No word on funding yet. Do you have any idea how much they usually offer?

I talked to a grad student there and from what I could gather it sounded like a good proportion of the cohort isn't fully funded but I can't really find much information about it outside of that one conversation... Also congrats on your acceptance! Do you know what your specialization might be going in? 

Edited by SavannahW

On 1/22/2021 at 12:18 PM, rpgc345 said:

Hi all, I received an invitation to the Michigan prospective weekend in mid February. Any idea how many people attend versus how many are actually admitted? Don't want to get my hopes up!

Also, for the Columbia interviewee -- what's your field? Good luck!

Got invitation for Michigan too! What's your sub-field?

16 hours ago, SavannahW said:

I talked to a grad student there and from what I could gather it sounded like a good proportion of the cohort isn't fully funded but I can't really find much information about it outside of that one conversation... Also congrats on your acceptance! Do you know what your specialization might be going in? 

Thanks! It is my understanding that their funding is virtually non-existent and that is why I am wondering how much their merit awards might be, although I suspect they won't cover tuition entirely. Congrats to you too! Do you know at all whether they have notified everyone of admission or still working on applications? I have a friend who applied and she has not heard anything yet about admission or rejection. My specialization is modern European. What is yours?

Edited by lapomegranate

Hi everyone, I applied to PhD programs at Cornell (HAUD), Columbia, and UCSB this year. Until now, I haven't heard anything from Columbia and Cornell after I submit the applications. Since I didn't get any reply from my POI at Columbia, guess I would be rejected. But I did get an active reply from my POI at Cornell before the submission, and was told that their admissions ability was not clear this year, so I am still waiting for Cornell.

As to UCSB, I received an open house invitation last week from the director, but have no idea what is size of the attendance and does it mean anything regarding the acceptance. Did anyone got this invitation too? We may talk :)