School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

1 minute ago, schoolpsych1122 said:

Do a lot of schools invite a large amount of people to interview? 

For UF they are accepting 12 eds and phd combined but are interviewing 40 people. 

Im probably just overthinking but that seems like a lot for a small cohort 

According to UFs program profile webpage, they sent out 12 PHD offers 2 years ago so I’m expecting they will send out 12 offers to PHDs  And 12 EDS offers so half actually accept. 

17 minutes ago, schoolpsych1122 said:

Do a lot of schools invite a large amount of people to interview? 

For UF they are accepting 12 eds and phd combined but are interviewing 40 people. 

Im probably just overthinking but that seems like a lot for a small cohort 

I was told when I was waitlisted for an initial interview that they had recieved close to 200 applications this cycle. I'm surprised they could even interview 40 people, it seems tough to even vet that amount.

1 hour ago, Sunkay123 said:

I was waitlisted but haven't heard of any acceptances yet either. Did you interview with them? I didn't get an interview invitation so was confused about the waitlist but hoping spots open up. 

Yes I did interview with them and I really liked their program so I am crossing my fingers

1 hour ago, schoolpsychinprogress said:

Does anyone know if UC Berkeley sent out interview invites/acceptances yet? I'm assuming they did based on the timeline but was hoping for a definite answer so I can have a more accurate list of my possibilities for where I end up.

Berkeley had interview day last week!

15 hours ago, JakiraJakira said:

Do you happen to know which POI? 
UW-Wisconsin is my top choice and I haven’t heard back yet. 
I received a phone call last time for an interview so I’m hoping to get a call soon. 
Crossing my fingers. 

I also had an interview last week and I have not heard back from anyone. It seems like some Ed.S students also received offers on Monday. Hopefully we hear back from them soon. 

14 hours ago, lexi2003 said:

I got my invite this past Monday with the deadline to accept on 1/29, so maybe PI's are on different deadlines to finalize their invites? Best of luck!!

Who was your PI? Sorry, I'm feeling the heat!

41 minutes ago, Psych98 said:

I also had an interview last week and I have not heard back from anyone. It seems like some Ed.S students also received offers on Monday. Hopefully we hear back from them soon. 

Hope so! Hope we both hear back

Is the results page down for anyone else? If anyone hears back from UGA please post it here!! I’m dying to know if I’m definitely going to grad school this time around or not. After the UF info session yesterday, UF is back to my top choice. UF and UGA are completely different but both seem like the best at what they do. Both would be good for me, but UF has an edge. 

21 minutes ago, purplelavalamp said:

I think they applied for SK or KE, I am not too sure, sorry!

Rip. Those are my POIs. KE called me last time for the interview request. 

Hoping that decisions haven't all been sent out yet. 

Thanks for the update

1 hour ago, rachaelpfanz said:

Is the results page down for anyone else? If anyone hears back from UGA please post it here!! I’m dying to know if I’m definitely going to grad school this time around or not. After the UF info session yesterday, UF is back to my top choice. UF and UGA are completely different but both seem like the best at what they do. Both would be good for me, but UF has an edge. 

Absolutely, I'll be sure to tell you whenever I may hear. It'd be nice to have you in the cohort, ML's lab members were so great, and I'm pretty sure everyone I met at interview day would be a great fit too.

Fingers crossed, good luck!

3 minutes ago, justtryingtopsych said:

Has anyone heard anything from UNC Chapel Hill? I know they have the late deadline but I did see that some people had been contacted by PIs 

Here's what I know.

They go through applications every week and have already given out interview invites to people they like. They have about 5 spots and have had hundreds upon hundreds of applications. Learned all this from their open house a few weeks ago.

My honest opinion about UNC at this point is that they are a tough school to get into, and they are very selective, but at the same time very proactive about who they're giving invites to. I'm fairly competitive and I still am having trouble contacting faculty there. Take it with a grain of salt, but I personally don't think I would be a good fit there.

Just now, justtryingtopsych said:

Has anyone heard anything from UNC Chapel Hill? I know they have the late deadline but I did see that some people had been contacted by PIs 

I had an early interview about 2 weeks ago but no offer yet. The professor told me then that they planned to *possibly* start making some initial offers to top candidates “in the next couple weeks” so naturally I’m refreshing my email and the decisions board like a crazy person. For what it’s worth, I also applied last year, had an early interview, and didn’t get chosen. I’ve found it difficult to predict any sort of timeline with them since it’s all apparently done one student at a time.

I believe the University of Cincinnati is going to send out decisions tomorrow. When I interviewed last Friday, they said they would get back to us this week, and in the past they've sent out decisions on the 29th. They're my top choice so I'm going to be frantically checking my phone/email all day!

31 minutes ago, justtryingtopsych said:

I just interviewed today (got an invite last week). Same as the previous poster, was told that I may start hearing back "in the next couple of weeks". I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't heard anything yet; it sounds like a lengthy process!

11 minutes ago, k.lynn said:

I believe the University of Cincinnati is going to send out decisions tomorrow. When I interviewed last Friday, they said they would get back to us this week, and in the past they've sent out decisions on the 29th. They're my top choice so I'm going to be frantically checking my phone/email all day!

It seems like someone just received an acceptance to their masters program, actually! Congrats to that poster! Now I'll frantically be checking my phone today as well, haha.

52 minutes ago, k.lynn said:

I went to the interview this past Saturday and the program felt very friendly and close knit. 
I’m from Cincinnati and kinda want to move out of the city for a while for grad school or else it would be ranked higher for me. 

UC’s program is one of the best behavioral programs in the country, allows you to get your BCBA in the program and is fully funded. You wouldn’t go wrong with it. 

I only have a top 2 (UW-Madison and Buffalo) right now since I don’t know what funding I’ll get elsewhere and where my fiancé get ins with his apps (He’s in at Buffalo, Indiana U, and Boston right now ) 

Dr Collins seemed to really like me so maybe we’ll end up at UC together! 

Edited by JakiraJakira

Hi guys, so I am new here. I had a really hard time thinking about joining but I just felt like since a lot of you are in the dark about a few schools, I would updated you. Since this forum has been helpful to me and I know many people come in at different times into this forum, I thought I'd add when I can.

First, Syracuse has sent their invites out. Their two dates are the 18th and the 19th. Secondly, I will say Cincinnati may have made their decisions because I was accepted to the school.

Also, if you are looking to hear from Michigan they made their decisions as well.

I am really excited for you all and am sending all the positive energy your way. ? I know this has been really stressful but SERIOUSLY, good luck.

Edited by Schoolzy

Just got a official email from Dr Collins that I was not accepted into the PhD program at the University of Cincinnati this year. 
Sad, but I think that other programs were a much better fit (I’m big on school mental health, social justice and social emotional learning) 

Best of luck to others hoping to hear back! 

1 hour ago, Madsinmads said:

Received a call earlier today from University of Cincinnati from Dr. Collins. I am waitlisted for PhD program. Really hoping I get off the waitlist. Any advice or does anyone know how often waitlisted students are taken off and accepted?

I would inquire about what spot you are on the waitlist. 

At most schools a couple students are accepted on the waitlist. 

I would think the waitlist wouldn’t be much longer than half of what they accepted. 
Dr Collins said they had to sadly reject candidates who would have either been admitted or put on the waitlist in previous years. 

Edited by JakiraJakira