School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

1 hour ago, Schoolpsyclops said:

Has anyone heard back from George Mason re their masters program? It looks like last year interview invites went out on January 31... starting to worry. 

I applied and haven’t heard back yet either. I applied to 7 schools and I’ve been offered an interview with Northeastern, but haven’t heard anything from the other 6. Granted, 3 of them just had due dates yesterday or March 1st and I just submitted them early. Let me know if you hear anything!

3 hours ago, Theloveguru said:

Well, this just sent my anxiety into high gear! Still waiting to hear back. SNP is a perfect fit for me, and I haven't heard anything yet. What makes you think they've finished their decisions?

Oh goodness! It was honestly just a guess based on what I’ve seen previous posters and fellow applicants say about admission decisions. I’m in the same boat as you where I’ve yet to hear back from UGA, so I’ve been trying to piece things together in an effort to calm my anxiety down ahaha! I was told we were supposed to hear back end of last week, so while I’m trying to be patient, it’s SO difficult! 90% of my thoughts are consumed with grad school admissions lol.

I do know ML and SNP have at least sent out some of their decisions, but everything else is just guessing at this point. Here’s hoping you hear good news soon! You got this!

10 hours ago, Madsinmads said:

I’ve been seeing a lot of people mention UW-Madison in this forum and just wanted to say if anyone has any questions about the program, school, faculty to reach out. I am a current EdS student in the program and hope everyone here finds the best fit for themselves. 

Do you know if the program has finished sending out offers for admission?

The wait after an interview is definitely the worst part for me of the admissions process. I didn't get anxious when I had not heard back from specific programs because I understood the different timelines for interview invitations. However, the closer I get to the +2-week mark since interview (2 weeks is Friday/Saturday) for 3 separate programs, I refresh my email every hour and get so excited whenever I get an unopened email notification even if it's just spam....

It would be helpful one of the programs would have sent out decisions all at the same time instead of each POI calling their picks, as it is increasing the anxiety tenfold...

Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by JakiraJakira

First off, I am so happy to see this thread doing well. Things are so different this year so I am happy so many of you are still applying to programs. I just wanted to say something that I think everyone should be aware of:

Make sure you are aware of the school's current funding situation if funding is a deciding factor.

A lot of schools are being up front about not offering any funding to new students but I have heard of some programs who are not telling prospective students until interview days or even at all. A lot of schools are using phrases like "we are still determining funding for the next year". As a current PhD student, I've been hearing that schools are prioritizing current students when it comes to funding and might ask incoming PhD students to pay their own way for at least the first year (if not longer). This is especially true for schools that are not R1. Just something to keep in mind as you guys start making admission decisions. I would be hesitant to accept an offer without clear guidelines of the funding. 

As always I am happy to answer any questions you guys may have!

Good luck with the rest of the application season! 

5 hours ago, SchoolPsychYogi said:

Has anyone completed the timed writing sample for University of Colorado-Denver's PsyD program? 

I plan to do it this weekend. I'm feeling a bit nervous about it as I have no idea what the topic will be but hopefully it won't be too hard! I hope we get the interview itinerary soon. I'm really curious to know what we will be doing throughout the day and how the interview will be structured.

If anyone has any tips for group interviews, please let me know! :) 

32 minutes ago, ctrsca said:

I plan to do it this weekend. I'm feeling a bit nervous about it as I have no idea what the topic will be but hopefully it won't be too hard! I hope we get the interview itinerary soon. I'm really curious to know what we will be doing throughout the day and how the interview will be structured.

I plan to do it over the weekend too! I am also eager to know how interview day will be structured. 

2 hours ago, ctrsca said:

I had a group interview just recently. Honestly, be confident in what you have to share... don't get intimated by what others are sharing. There was a girl trying to outdo the person that came before her and she just kept stumbling on her words the entire time. It was super awkward and the interviewers face changed drastically! 

Also, it never hurts to add on to something that was previously discussed. It shows that you're an active listener. 

Edited by NYSPSYCH

Hi All, 
I am a lab manager at a neuro lab , and I applied for : 

University of Massachusetts Amherst
NYU Steinhardt
Rutgers
Emory University (y)
University of Washington (y)
USC - #201130-000226. (y)
UC Berkley (y)
University of Pittsburgh
Boston University
University of Vermont
Columbia

Hawaii
Stanford

Yale University
Harvard
University of Pennsylvania
Drexel University

Fordham University (n)
UCLA

Got rejected from these schools already : 

GW
UMBC
Cornell

And university of Oregon , but they canceled their program. 

55 minutes ago, MatinSaba said:

Hi All, 
I am a lab manager at a neuro lab , and I applied for : 

University of Massachusetts Amherst
NYU Steinhardt
Rutgers
Emory University (y)
University of Washington (y)
USC - #201130-000226. (y)
UC Berkley (y)
University of Pittsburgh
Boston University
University of Vermont
Columbia

Hawaii
Stanford

Yale University
Harvard
University of Pennsylvania
Drexel University

Fordham University (n)
UCLA

Got rejected from these schools already : 

GW
UMBC
Cornell

And university of Oregon , but they canceled their program. 

hello, 

are any of these school psych?  I believe most of these schools don't have school psych programs.  just clarifying ?

if this is clinical or another psych program, maybe a different thread would be more helpful.  wishing you all the luck!

55 minutes ago, mjk20 said:

hello, 

are any of these school psych?  I believe most of these schools don't have school psych programs.  just clarifying ?

if this is clinical or another psych program, maybe a different thread would be more helpful.  wishing you all the luck!

Hiii, 
Only the Hawaii university is the Psych , the rest are PhD  

6 minutes ago, MatinSaba said:

Hiii, 
Only the Hawaii university is the Psych , the rest are PhD  

Hi! The previous poster meant are any of your programs that you are applying to part of the discipline "School Psychology". You previous mentioned that you were in a nuero lab and almost all of the universities you applied to do not have a school psychology phd program. Hawaii as a state does not have a school psychology program. 

Are you applying to clinical programs with a nuero focus? You might want to try the clinical thread.