School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

4 hours ago, matilday said:

Hello! Did anyone apply to any Masters/EdS programs in California and know when we should hear about interviews? I'm specifically wondering about CSULB, CSULA, and CSUMB. 

CSULA will have their interview days on February 26 & March 5. I don’t know the other schools. 

8 hours ago, JakiraJakira said:

Just got a official email from Dr Collins that I was not accepted into the PhD program at the University of Cincinnati this year. 
Sad, but I think that other programs were a much better fit (I’m big on school mental health, social justice and social emotional learning) 

Best of luck to others hoping to hear back! 

Sorry to hear that. I got that email too ;( 

those are my areas of interest too!! Maybe I was too clinical for them. Definitely ABA focused. Ugh ?

3 hours ago, shutfreedom said:

Sorry to hear that. I got that email too ;( 

those are my areas of interest too!! Maybe I was too clinical for them. Definitely ABA focused. Ugh ?

For me it was probably my career/research interests. Behavior is definitely lower on my research/career goals. I have loads of school experience with my special ed background and mentioned that is where I wanted to work eventually (even if in a leadership role). 

They likely just wanted candidates who wanted a heavy behavioral program. The clinical part I wouldnt worry too much about unless you are applying to a mix of clinical and school psych programs. If your POI or admissions can tell that you really want clinical psych and are viewing school psychology as a backup they often will pass over you. 

For me UC was a backup or lower school on my list as it does not have as big a mental health focus or social justice as other schools. Plus it's my mom's alma mater and she paid me to apply there (as she really wanted me to go haha)

16 minutes ago, Occipitalbridge said:

Hi! For the University of Wisconsin, does anyone know how many PhD students they were planning on accepting this year?

I think they said 8 students were accepted last year? If what an earlier poster said is true, we may still have 7 spots left that are acceptances and not waitlisted candidates. With COVID that number may be bigger or smaller. 

Traditionally decisions have gone out within 2 weeks of interview day. I would expect to hear back early next week (hopefully, as my fingers are crossed too)

1 minute ago, JakiraJakira said:

I think they said 8 students were accepted last year? If what an earlier poster said is true, we may still have 7 spots left that are acceptances and not waitlisted candidates. With COVID that number may be bigger or smaller. 

Traditionally decisions have gone out within 2 weeks of interview day. I would expect to hear back early next week (hopefully, as my fingers are crossed too)

Fair enough! I’m just trying to remember if they told us on the interview day.

To the poster who said their friend got in. Do you know how your friend was notified? I’m a little surprised to hear that they accepted people 2/3 days after interviews but have yet to send rejections a week later. 

2 minutes ago, Occipitalbridge said:

Fair enough! I’m just trying to remember if they told us on the interview day.

To the poster who said their friend got in. Do you know how your friend was notified? I’m a little surprised to hear that they accepted people 2/3 days after interviews but have yet to send rejections a week later. 

The previous poster I believe said phone call? 

It was @purplelavalamp

12 minutes ago, Theloveguru said:

UGA people, we're supposed to hear back today, right? The anticipation has been killing me all week!

Right!! It’s been killing me too! Definitely staring at my email all day today :) 

i feel like by this point they know who they’re sending offers to they’re just figuring out funding and what not. Just tell me if I’m accepted!!! 

Edited by rachaelpfanz

1 hour ago, purplelavalamp said:

Yes it was me! I spoke with my friend again and they would rather I not post the PI but it was a phone call on Monday. They still haven't received the official letter yet though. 

That's ok! Honestly since I already interviewed, I am just relaxing, hoping to hear back and trying not to stress too much. I think knowing the POI would probably stress me out more. 

Hi guys, I just want to make some clarifications since people are messaging me privately and this was part of the reason why I did not want to join because if I were to give information like a lot you guys have shared that some people didn't receive, it would bother some people. I like that everyone is able to speak on what's going on with the schools they have applied to and share information. But someone is upset that I have mentioned the dates that are set for Syracuse and that I said Michigan sent out their decisions or at least some which they really did but it's really unnecessary to try to tell me I'm lying and that I sharing information thats not true, which some of you have already stated. I don't need to lie and like I said I am rooting for everyone, especially with this forum you guys have been so helpful. Sending positive energy to all.?

Edited by Schoolzy

13 minutes ago, Schoolzy said:

Hi guys, I just want to make some clarifications since people are messaging me privately and this was part of the reason why I did not want to join because if I were to give information like a lot you guys have shared that some people didn't receive, it would bother some people. I like that everyone is able to speak on what's going on with the schools they have applied to and share information. But someone is upset that I have mentioned the dates that are set for Syracuse and that I said Michigan sent out their decisions or at least some which they really did but it's really unnecessary to try to tell me I'm lying and that I sharing information thats not true, which some of you have already stated. I don't need to lie and like I said I am rooting for everyone, especially with this forum you guys have been so helpful. Sending positive energy to all.?

Hi! Thank you for sharing information! Are you talking about the University of Michigan CPEP program? 

Does anyone know how many PhD students the university of Cincinnati was planning to accept? I don’t think they mentioned anything about it on interview day, but just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss it. Or if anyone knows how many students are in other cohorts there.

Just now, sch_psych said:

Congratulations!!! :) 

Do you mind sharing who your PI is? I’m also anxiously waiting for an email (whatever their decision will be)! Thanks!! 

Thank you so much! This means the world to me. Not trying to brag, sending my positive acceptance energy back at y’all my PI is ML