School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

Has anyone applying to EdS programs had an interview yet? Just trying to get a feel for some of the questions asked/hardest questions/how to prepare! 

Also very nervous about hearing back from University of Northern Colorado next week!

5 hours ago, coloradobuff99 said:

Has anyone applying to EdS programs had an interview yet? Just trying to get a feel for some of the questions asked/hardest questions/how to prepare! 

Also very nervous about hearing back from University of Northern Colorado next week!

I didn't realize they were sending out invites next week! Do you know when we can expect to hear from them?

13 hours ago, ctrsca said:

I didn't realize they were sending out invites next week! Do you know when we can expect to hear from them?

I just heard back from University of Northern Colorado. I applied to their Ed.S. program. I was rejected. :( Hopefully you have good news waiting for you!!

5 hours ago, isimsek said:

I just heard back from University of Northern Colorado. I applied to their Ed.S. program. I was rejected. :( Hopefully you have good news waiting for you!!

I'm sorry to hear that -- I will keep my fingers crossed that you get good news from other programs! 

3 hours ago, shutfreedom said:

I got invited today to interview at University of Northern Colorado for February 19 (PhD)... but I have an interview scheduled that day already. Hopefully they can arrange something 

I’ve had to reschedule 4 interviews (Indiana, Buffalo, U of Cincinnati and Ohio State) because all of them were scheduled on the 22nd and I already was interviewing on that day. 

i was able to reschedule all of them and was told by each program that it happens every year and won’t have an impact on decisions. 

23 minutes ago, JakiraJakira said:

I’ve had to reschedule 4 interviews (Indiana, Buffalo, U of Cincinnati and Ohio State) because all of them were scheduled on the 22nd and I already was interviewing on that day. 

i was able to reschedule all of them and was told by each program that it happens every year and won’t have an impact on decisions. 

That’s good to know. Haven’t heard back from seeing if we can reschedule. Must be a pain to do it. How did the reschedules work for you? Is it now a 1:1 on a different date? 

12 minutes ago, shutfreedom said:

That’s good to know. Haven’t heard back from seeing if we can reschedule. Must be a pain to do it. How did the reschedules work for you? Is it now a 1:1 on a different date? 

2 of them they had alternative days for. 
Ohio state and Indiana I had to send my availability and find times to meet with the POI and other students or faculty I was supposed to interview with. 

2 hours ago, Schoolpsych921 said:

Do you all think it’s appropriate to reach out to schools we haven’t heard from or should I just wait it out?

My personal rule based on my own experience working in higher Ed and monitoring this site, is to wait until 5 weeks after their admissions deadline before reaching out. At that point they can usually tell you if you’re on the waitlist or not, because they’ve made initial offers and have some idea of the spots left. Reaching out before then is unlikely to get you any new info and you run the risk of annoying them. Just my opinion. ? 

3 hours ago, Theloveguru said:

Does anyone know if Syracuse has already sent all of their invites?

There's one person on the *survey* that said that they've received an invite for an interview for the 19th. But, that's all I've seen! 

But as of now, I've heard nothing back.

Also, has anyone heard anything back from Albany? 

To the person who posted about the interview invite to Utah- was it from your PI or the program director? 

I won’t be devastated if I don’t get an interview invite(I don’t think I really want to move all the way out to Utah) and I had an extremely positive experience at UGA interview day. I can really see myself there (currently obsessively checking my email for that decision) 

but I’m also really excited about the UF info session tomorrow because right now I’m really excited about Georgia, but I want to see what UF is all about and see if I feel like I fit there. 

14 minutes ago, rachaelpfanz said:

To the person who posted about the interview invite to Utah- was it from your PI or the program director? 

I won’t be devastated if I don’t get an interview invite(I don’t think I really want to move all the way out to Utah) and I had an extremely positive experience at UGA interview day. I can really see myself there (currently obsessively checking my email for that decision) 

but I’m also really excited about the UF info session tomorrow because right now I’m really excited about Georgia, but I want to see what UF is all about and see if I feel like I fit there. 

Same about UGA. Its my dream school but Im unsure if that really came across at interview day. Did you have more than one 1-on-1 interviews? I remember a lot of fellow applicants just mentioning they wanted to work with only one person, whereas I mentioned two.

Just now, The_Garnet_Comet said:

Same about UGA. Its my dream school but Im unsure if that really came across at interview day. Did you have more than one 1-on-1 interviews? I remember a lot of fellow applicants just mentioning they wanted to work with only one person, whereas I mentioned two.

I only had one 1 on 1 with ML. She made me feel so wanted as a student. Did not get that first time around at my UF interview 2 years ago. What’s funny it’s it really wasn’t my first choice going in, but after Friday Athens is sounding pretty good for me. We’ll see! I’ve got my fingers crossed for you too! 

8 minutes ago, rachaelpfanz said:

I only had one 1 on 1 with ML. She made me feel so wanted as a student. Did not get that first time around at my UF interview 2 years ago. What’s funny it’s it really wasn’t my first choice going in, but after Friday Athens is sounding pretty good for me. We’ll see! I’ve got my fingers crossed for you too! 

Gotcha, I ended up interviewing with 2 PIs, but my itinerary initially said 3, so all I did was stress out after I got it the day before. I LOVED everyone I met from ML's lab, you picked a great PI! I agree on UGA, I knew going in it was my top choice, but every part of last Friday confirmed it. Loved all the students, faculty, and I'd get to be close to family again which is a plus plus.

Good luck to you as well!

Edited by The_Garnet_Comet

46 minutes ago, rachaelpfanz said:

I am also curious about Utah! I saw a couple on the results page. Was it by PI or mass email? 

14 hours ago, The_Garnet_Comet said:

I also mentioned working with two PI's for UGA but only met with one for the 1-on-1 interview. Did you meet individually with both of yours?

24 minutes ago, Sunkay123 said:

I also mentioned working with two PI's for UGA but only met with one for the 1-on-1 interview. Did you meet individually with both of yours?

I wouldn't worry too much about meeting with only 1 professor for a one-on-one interview. When I interviewed with Buffalo last Saturday,, they had me interview 1:1 with the department chair (not a POI) and my top POI out of the two I mentioned. 

I think they are just trying to match you to your preferred (out of multiple people you mentioned) POI or one that would make the most sense. The secondary professor at Buffalo I mentioned is a full professor and very well known in the school psych field and may be why I didnt land an interview. 

Hope you hear back soon with an acceptance!