School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

I interviewed with USF for their PhD program on the 15th and haven't heard back yet. I know a few people have gotten acceptances but I've heard that depending on the PI they've been calling people throughout the week on different days so trying to stay hopeful. Has anyone else heard back and do you think they are still notifying people about acceptances?

1 hour ago, Schoolzy said:

Hi guys, I just want to make some clarifications since people are messaging me privately and this was part of the reason why I did not want to join because if I were to give information like a lot you guys have shared that some people didn't receive, it would bother some people. I like that everyone is able to speak on what's going on with the schools they have applied to and share information. But someone is upset that I have mentioned the dates that are set for Syracuse and that I said Michigan sent out their decisions or at least some which they really did but it's really unnecessary to try to tell me I'm lying and that I sharing information thats not true, which some of you have already stated. I don't need to lie and like I said I am rooting for everyone, especially with this forum you guys have been so helpful. Sending positive energy to all.?

I’m sorry you’ve dealt with that. 
I’ve been sharing things since December and have yet to receive any DMs that aren’t positive. 

It’s not mandatory to share but I wanted to be transparent to other applicants because that’s what I’d want. 

Thank you for sharing! It is appreciated and I hope nobody else accuses you of lying. 

Edited by JakiraJakira

39 minutes ago, rachaelpfanz said:

Unfortunately no. 

I got accepted to IU’s program on Monday and while they couldn’t guarantee me funding (Most School Psych programs don’t even if all students can find it) they have had almost 100% of their students funded the last 4-5 years. 
I would inquire about the track record of previous cohorts in getting fellowships and assistantships. 

Hope you end up somewhere you’ll enjoy! 

9 minutes ago, Southwestteacher said:

Congrats!! I am happy for you! Just out of curiosity did you ever hear from Utah? I assuming I did not get an invite but was just curious if you ever heard anything. 

Thank you!! Nothing from Utah no official rejection either. 

20 hours ago, Madsinmads said:

Does anyone know how many PhD students the university of Cincinnati was planning to accept? I don’t think they mentioned anything about it on interview day, but just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss it. Or if anyone knows how many students are in other cohorts there.

Hi! In their handbook it says they typically accept 3-5 PhD students a year.  I hope you can get off the waitlist! Maybe I will see you in the fall :D Best of luck!

2 minutes ago, k.lynn said:

Hi! In their handbook it says they typically accept 3-5 PhD students a year.  I hope you can get off the waitlist! Maybe I will see you in the fall :D Best of luck!

Did you get into UC's program? If so, congrats I remember hearing it was your top choice!

Edited by JakiraJakira

18 hours ago, rachaelpfanz said:

Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but did anyone go to today’s UF interview? How was it? 

I interviewed with UF yesterday! It was a really great experience. The faculty I interviewed read up before hand on my research interests from my statement/CV so we were able to have some great conversations. The current students were also AMAZING! They were all so sweet and friendly. I could tell they are all really close knit, and they all really love UF. It was overall very chill and conversational. Best of luck with your interview!

3 minutes ago, k.lynn said:

I interviewed with UF yesterday! It was a really great experience. The faculty I interviewed read up before hand on my research interests from my statement/CV so we were able to have some great conversations. The current students were also AMAZING! They were all so sweet and friendly. I could tell they are all really close knit, and they all really love UF. It was overall very chill and conversational. Best of luck with your interview!

Thank you so much! That’s great to hear good luck to you as well! 

Did anyone else interview with TAMU or UGA and hear back already? I saw a poster on the results page received an acceptance from TAMU so I'm nervous! I only applied to 3 schools this cycle (UT, TAMU, and UGA), and interviewed with TAMU and UGA already, but have yet to hear back... The jitters are so real!! 

Thanks all!

25 minutes ago, sch_psych said:

Did anyone else interview with TAMU or UGA and hear back already? I saw a poster on the results page received an acceptance from TAMU so I'm nervous! I only applied to 3 schools this cycle (UT, TAMU, and UGA), and interviewed with TAMU and UGA already, but have yet to hear back... The jitters are so real!! 

Thanks all!

My UGA PI, ML emailed me saying I’ve been accepted yesterday afternoon no funding yet though. Everyone else who interviewed at UGA and hasn’t heard back yet I’ve got my fingers crossed for y’all!!! 

2 hours ago, purplelavalamp said:

Does anyone know how many students faculty at UW Madison are accepting? 

I’m not sure as a whole but the faculty member (KE) I’m most interested in said during a information phone call (pre-interview day) that she would be accepting 1-2 PhD students. 

I would expect about 8 offers to go out because that has been how previous years have worked. 

if this is about the recent posting on the results page you never know. Sometimes the faculty change around who gets more students depending on the fit of the applicants. Good luck if you want to work with SK! 

Edited by JakiraJakira

On 1/30/2021 at 8:43 PM, JakiraJakira said:

I’m not sure as a whole but the faculty member (KE) I’m most interested in said during a information phone call (pre-interview day) that she would be accepting 1-2 PhD students. 

I would expect about 8 offers to go out because that has been how previous years have worked. 

if this is about the recent posting on the results page you never know. Sometimes the faculty change around who gets more students depending on the fit of the applicants. Good luck if you want to work with SK! 

By any chance do you (or anyone else on here) happen to know how many EdS students they are accepting?