School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

1 hour ago, Theloveguru said:

Just received an email from UGA about student email account information. Still haven't received an admission decision, but hoping this is a good sign... Fingers crossed we all get good news today.

Could I ask who your PI is? I was going to email mine today and ask.

4 minutes ago, Theloveguru said:

Accepted to UGA!!! It was just a form notification to check my status, so I was afraid it was a rejection. Fingers crossed for anyone that is still waiting.

Congratulations!!! Did you get funding? Or do you not know yet? 

Has anyone heard from Loyola University Chicago or University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee? Interviews for Loyola were about 2 weeks ago and I'm getting a little anxious ?

If anyone has any insight on how long it typically takes to hear back after an interview that would be much appreciated!!

3 minutes ago, Makfish said:

Has anyone heard from Loyola University Chicago or University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee? Interviews for Loyola were about 2 weeks ago and I'm getting a little anxious ?

If anyone has any insight on how long it typically takes to hear back after an interview that would be much appreciated!!

Are you EdS or PhD?

At my interview with Loyola (PhD) they said they wouldn’t get back to us until end of Feb/beginning of March. 

Milwaukee (PhD) sent me a follow up email today thanking me for interviewing and inviting me to an open house/orientation ... I don’t know if that means I’m accepted or not or if it’s more of a phase 2, since we didn’t get to talk with students at the interview. I think they are doing rescheduled interviews this week as well.

edit for spelling/grammar :)

Edited by Louisey

1 hour ago, Psychdreams42 said:

Hello!

I have two interviews this week and was wondering if anyone had advice for interviews and common school psych interview questions. Any help is much appreciated! 

Prepare a bunch of your own questions. Be prepared to answer "tell me about yourself", "why this program" and "what you want to do after graduation". There might be a curveball question about what you would do in a conflict, what makes a successful graduate student, what experience you have with diverse populations.. 

I typed up bullet points and taped them to the wall behind me lol. 

34 minutes ago, Louisey said:

Are you EdS or PhD?

At my interview with Loyola (PhD) they said they wouldn’t get back to us until end of Feb/beginning of March. 

Milwaukee (PhD) sent me a follow up email today thanking me for interviewing and inviting me to an open house/orientation ... I don’t know if that means I’m accepted or not or if it’s more of a phase 2, since we didn’t get to talk with students at the interview. I think they are doing rescheduled interviews this week as well.

edit for spelling/grammar :)

I am EdS for both Loyola and UW-Milwaukee. The current students from Loyola said they heard back around 2 weeks after the interview day last year (which would be today). Milwaukee told me that I should expect to hear back about interviews in early February..

Who were you hoping to work with at Loyola?

1 hour ago, Makfish said:

I am EdS for both Loyola and UW-Milwaukee. The current students from Loyola said they heard back around 2 weeks after the interview day last year (which would be today). Milwaukee told me that I should expect to hear back about interviews in early February..

Who were you hoping to work with at Loyola?

Ah got it! It might be different timelines for you then.

At Loyola I’m hoping for either PF or KE

I just saw that someone got a rejection email from the University at Buffalo PhD program with their POI being SF. 

That is my POI as well and since I haven’t heard back yet I am also fearing the worst.

Did you get an email or was your portal updated? My portal says nothing right now. 

When is an appropriate time after interviews to reach out to admissions about decisions? I know this is oftentimes an annoyance to faculty and I don't want to be seen as "that student". ?

12 minutes ago, Makfish said:

When is an appropriate time after interviews to reach out to admissions about decisions? I know this is oftentimes an annoyance to faculty and I don't want to be seen as "that student". ?

It all depends on you. When you've figured out everything. If you know there are school's that you are not attending at all, let them know immediately. Now a lot of us are still interviewing, so if you have not finished interviewing, I wouldn't make a decision until you have completed all interviews and compared all the school, who have made offers. You have until April 15th but I would say once again, if you have made the decisions of not attending a school, let them know.  Set a reasonable deadline if that makes you feel more comfortable. I set March 5th for myself because I feel that by then I would be done with the rest of my interviews and have two weeks to decide, which gives a lot of time until April 15th for other schools. I may not even need the 2 weeks. Don't rush yourself, if you're not finished interviewing. If you are then you need to start figuring out who is the best school for you and who is not. I don't think anyone needs more than two weeks to decide, if you have finished interviewing. If you are unsure contact your PI's so you can meet their team's and talk more, so you can make the decision sooner. Good Luck ☺️

14 minutes ago, Schoolzy said:

It all depends on you. When you've figured out everything. If you know there are school's that you are not attending at all, let them know immediately. Now a lot of us are still interviewing, so if you have not finished interviewing, I wouldn't make a decision until you have completed all interviews and compared all the school, who have made offers. You have until April 15th but I would say once again, if you have made the decisions of not attending a school, let them know.  Set a reasonable deadline if that makes you feel more comfortable. I set March 5th for myself because I feel that by then I would be done with the rest of my interviews and have two weeks to decide, which gives a lot of time until April 15th for other schools. I may not even need the 2 weeks. Don't rush yourself, if you're not finished interviewing. If you are then you need to start figuring out who is the best school for you and who is not. I don't think anyone needs more than two weeks to decide, if you have finished interviewing. If you are unsure contact your PI's so you can meet their team's and talk more, so you can make the decision sooner. Good Luck ☺️

Hi, thank you for your detailed response! I was actually talking about reaching out if you haven't heard a decision from admissions such as: accepted/rejected/waitlisted. Any advice for the timeline for this? For example, I interviewed at a university 2 weeks ago and was expecting to hear something yesterday but did not. Let me know your thoughts! 

2 minutes ago, Makfish said:

Hi, thank you for your detailed response! I was actually talking about reaching out if you haven't heard a decision from admissions such as: accepted/rejected/waitlisted. Any advice for the timeline for this? For example, I interviewed at a university 2 weeks ago and was expecting to hear something yesterday but did not. Let me know your thoughts! 

Honestly, I would just wait it out unless they gave you a timeframe. If they didn't tell you one, just wait and if you can't, 3 weeks because like you said you don't want to be "that student" but then again its been 3 weeks.? If they did give you a time frame, you have every right to check in after that timeframe. ?