Fall 2021 Statistics/Biostatistics Applicant Thread

Those accepted to UW, do you have a decision deadline? 

I am on the waitlist and I'm trying to gauge when I might hear back.

A follow-up email from the department said a decision would be coming "shortly". Intentionally vague. . . but made it sound as if it could come in the next few days.

I'm just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle antsy.  

5 hours ago, AF_Stats said:

Those accepted to UW, do you have a decision deadline? 

I am on the waitlist and I'm trying to gauge when I might hear back.

A follow-up email from the department said a decision would be coming "shortly". Intentionally vague. . . but made it sound as if it could come in the next few days.

I'm just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle antsy.  

It's the 15th as per standard

Hi guys! Sorry to keep bothering about UCLA biostats, but they are the last program I am waiting to hear back from! I saw some rejections and some acceptances for the MS program. Do you know if they go through applications in batches? And accept/reject every few days? Not quite sure how the process works. Thanks!

3 hours ago, NeededADisplayName said:

Hi guys! Sorry to keep bothering about UCLA biostats, but they are the last program I am waiting to hear back from! I saw some rejections and some acceptances for the MS program. Do you know if they go through applications in batches? And accept/reject every few days? Not quite sure how the process works. Thanks!

I'm in the same boat! They are rolling admissions, so they might do rolling acceptances or batch acceptances. Historically though, they give acceptances throughout April, so we might just have to wait it out a little longer.

34 minutes ago, confusedbear said:

Is there any news from UCLA? I saw the 3 acceptances in February but since then haven't seen or heard of any rejections of waitlists. 

Also, when do waitlist results usually come out?

Judging from the email they replied all to a while back, it seems like they put everyone not accepted on the waitlist and rejected no one lol.

Edited by trynagetby

34 minutes ago, stats viscacha said:

Is this for Masters ?

I applied to the Phd and still haven't heard back and was wondering what's up 

No, PhD. Look up that email they sent way back where they ask you to fill out the google form about which profs you're interested in working with. Someone replied with asked a question and the graduate coordinator answered the question reply-all to the effect of "if you haven't heard back, you're on the waitlist"

Edited by trynagetby

1 hour ago, trynagetby said:

No, PhD. Look up that email they sent way back where they ask you to fill out the google form about which profs you're interested in working with. Someone replied with asked a question and the graduate coordinator answered the question reply-all to the effect of "if you haven't heard back, you're on the waitlist"

Are you talking about stats or biostats actually ? I thought the questions were about biostats, and I never got any emails since the confirmation that my UCLA and SOPHAS applications were received so I'm a a bit concerned ? 

23 minutes ago, stats viscacha said:

Are you talking about stats or biostats actually ? I thought the questions were about biostats, and I never got any emails since the confirmation that my UCLA and SOPHAS applications were received so I'm a a bit concerned ? 

Sorry, was talking about Stats. The starter of the thread I think is applying to Stats programs. Funny how you get to know posters on the thread haha.

Edited by trynagetby

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 12:49 PM, trynagetby said:

Sorry, was talking about Stats. The starter of the thread I think is applying to Stats programs. Funny how you get to know posters on the thread haha.

People have unfortunately been accidentally cc'ing me on their emails to the UCLA coordinator. (UCLA has realized to remove me before replying)

If you're reading this thread and about to reply to the UCLA email thread to ask them for an update, MAKE SURE TO REMOVE THE GMAIL ADDRESS FROM THE CC LINE!

On 3/30/2021 at 4:00 PM, PLessPoint05 said:

Anyone hear back from UW Stats of those that are “still being considered” yet? 

No word. Did your email talk about an actual waitlist or about the number of apps/offers that have been made so far?