MEd COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (OISE, UofT)

Toughcook1e

On 2/2/2021 at 8:54 AM, MSW2020lm said:

Hi everyone, wow I can't stop checking...how can I stop. Suggestions? lol Also, in regards to UOFT, can anyone explain the ACORN trick. Some other forums stated that your status on ACORN updates before SGS does. Does anyone know where on ACORN? 

Also, does anyone have any programs that they have applied to that will also lead you to certification as a psychotherapist? I am in Ontario. I know the McMaster one but any others?? 

Thanks all!! 

OISE also leads to certification as a psychotherapist right?

13 hours ago, Regina77 said:

OISE also leads to certification as a psychotherapist right?

Hi there, 

Taken straight from OISE's website: 

"Professional Certification:

The MEd in Counselling Psychology, Counselling and Psychotherapy field, is a recognized education and training program in psychotherapy by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). Please see the CRPO website for additional information regarding registration.

The program of study provides students with the basic preparation for certification as a Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)." 

So once you complete the program you would apply for registration with CRPO. :) 

2 hours ago, MSW2020lm said:

Hi there, 

Taken straight from OISE's website: 

"Professional Certification:

The MEd in Counselling Psychology, Counselling and Psychotherapy field, is a recognized education and training program in psychotherapy by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). Please see the CRPO website for additional information regarding registration.

The program of study provides students with the basic preparation for certification as a Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)." 

So once you complete the program you would apply for registration with CRPO. :) 

Thanks, If you find out about ACORN please let me know?

On 2/2/2021 at 8:54 AM, MSW2020lm said:

Hi everyone, wow I can't stop checking...how can I stop. Suggestions? lol Also, in regards to UOFT, can anyone explain the ACORN trick. Some other forums stated that your status on ACORN updates before SGS does. Does anyone know where on ACORN? 

Also, does anyone have any programs that they have applied to that will also lead you to certification as a psychotherapist? I am in Ontario. I know the McMaster one but any others?? 

Thanks all!! 

Hi! I have a friend who is applying to another OISE program and apparently on ACORN there was a glitch where they were showing people they had a fee due. However someone called them and asked about this and they got send out to people regardless of whether or not they were admitted so we still have to wait and see :(

I also can't seem to stop checking though.. it's so hard not to

On 2/14/2021 at 2:51 PM, Regina77 said:

Thanks, If you find out about ACORN please let me know?

1 minute ago, unicornpsych said:

Hi! I have a friend who is applying to another OISE program and apparently on ACORN there was a glitch where they were showing people they had a fee due. However someone called them and asked about this and they got send out to people regardless of whether or not they were admitted so we still have to wait and see :(

I also can't seem to stop checking though.. it's so hard not to

So I am not 100% sure about this but I am on the MSW forum and some students who were accepted into the MSW said that on ACORN their accounts showed an offer on the ACORN dashboard. Not sure if this happens simultaneously to SGS but I did read on another forum that at times ACORN updates before SGS. Once again, this is just me reading from other peoples experiences! 

I do hope we hear back this week! Fingers crossed!

4 minutes ago, MSW2020lm said:

So I am not 100% sure about this but I am on the MSW forum and some students who were accepted into the MSW said that on ACORN their accounts showed an offer on the ACORN dashboard. Not sure if this happens simultaneously to SGS but I did read on another forum that at times ACORN updates before SGS. Once again, this is just me reading from other peoples experiences! 

I do hope we hear back this week! Fingers crossed!

Oh wow thank you that's good to know!! Hopefully we hear soon. I'll definitely keep checking both then ? 

On 2/15/2021 at 3:20 PM, unicornpsych said:

Oh wow thank you that's good to know!! Hopefully we hear soon. I'll definitely keep checking both then ? 

I emailed the OISE program coordinator and he replied with an auto reply that decisions will be sent late March early April. How unhelpful!!!!  Hopefully just mass reply with worst case scenario 

4 hours ago, Regina77 said:

I emailed the OISE program coordinator and he replied with an auto reply that decisions will be sent late March early April. How unhelpful!!!!  Hopefully just mass reply with worst case scenario 

That’s unfortunate :( I’m hopeful that April at least means worst case scenario because on their FAQ they said if you applied before the November deadline you should hear back in March! So I believe April would be only if people applied late! 

41 minutes ago, Toughcook1e said:

Hey fellows, we are almost there! I hope we all hear from the faculty within the next two weeks.......

This waiting period has been a total tortune ?

Honestly! they should make some laws and regulate this waiting period! Its brutal. Am already promising myself I do not have it in me to do this again. One of my choices rejected me early on....now I think it was a blessing in disguise one less thing to wait for!!!. LOL!!  OISE worst one!! they had since November

On 1/30/2021 at 5:37 PM, Happiness is key said:

Hey! I hope you get good news! I did not apply to UBC but there is another forum called "Counselling Psychology Applicants 2021 CANADA" and I have seen posts about UBC so you might be able to find more information there! :)  

Thanks so much - you're so kind! ? I wish you get good news as well!

On 1/27/2021 at 9:26 AM, Mara15 said:

UBC's counselling program doesn't interview. They announce results usually in early March.

Thank you! Ahhh, early March is not so far away...

8 hours ago, Toughcook1e said:

Yes and let's hope for the best!

I received a SGS notification on March 6 last year. I hope this year's results will not come out later than last year's....

Hey is this your 2nd time applying? what did you do different this year if you dont mind me asking? you can DM if preferred. 

Random acts of anxiety....I found a forum from 2009 ish on reddit which would be after the last recession, possibly also similar to this year with lots of applicants and back then OISE was still lagging behind, letting students know as late as late March/ early April!!!! Maybe we should just all promise not to check again until March 15th .....hahaha easier said than done! Have a good weekend everyone.

15 hours ago, Regina77 said:

Hey is this your 2nd time applying? what did you do different this year if you dont mind me asking? you can DM if preferred. 

Hi yes. I was on waitlist last year. I have more practical experience this year. I am happy to give more details once the results come out :) I think the results could tell me if I am on the right track lol

Edited by Toughcook1e