MEd COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (OISE, UofT)

Toughcook1e

43 minutes ago, MSW2020lm said:

How's everyone doing? 

Question to those who got in! When do you have to give them your decision? and are you going ahead with the program? 

Hang in there to those still waiting. They will eventually have to tell us hahah

My letter says "offer should be accepted in 3 weeks from date of offer or could be cancelled".....and I already accepted. Fingers crossed for you...

In previous years, most applicants had reported their results by this time, but this year not even a single waitlist or rejection reported. I know part of the reason is about COVID but efficiency matters!

I applied for UofT, uOttawa (A), McMaster (R), and McGill. the deadline to accept uO is in 2 days but UT is my first choice. I sent an email to the admission office this morning to ask for result. Though I don't expect a reply but if I do I'll for sure share it in the group. 

57 minutes ago, simp4gradschool said:

I applied for UofT, uOttawa (A), McMaster (R), and McGill. the deadline to accept uO is in 2 days but UT is my first choice. I sent an email to the admission office this morning to ask for result. Though I don't expect a reply but if I do I'll for sure share it in the group. 

Wow. Only two days to accept UOttawa? That seems a bit aggressive from them...

EDIT: Never mind. I reread your post. Derp. 

Edited by Hemingwho

19 minutes ago, MSW2020lm said:

Has anyone had any communication with Todd? The email I sent had an auto reply saying end of March or early April.  I wonder if we should just expect to hear next week. 

I did email him a couple of weeks ago but he has not responded it yet. 

Edited by Toughcook1e

I am taking a guess here.

Maybe there are no waitlisted students this year because they are facing approximately 800 applications and a good way to save time and energy is to not have a waitlist. They send acceptance letters to the most wanted students for the first around and wait for all of their responses. Then, they have the second round. Finally, they take care of the rest. 

Edited by Toughcook1e

28 minutes ago, Toughcook1e said:

I am taking a guess here.

Maybe there are no waitlisted students this year because they are facing approximately 800 applications and a good way to save time and energy is to not have a waitlist. They send acceptance letters to the most wanted students for the first around and wait for all of their responses. Then, they have the second round. Finally, they take care of the rest. 

This is not an unrealistic leap... hopefully there is a waitlist though!

Could also make sense that it is taking much longer for them to contact students given the high number of applicants as I am sure that a good amount of the applicants are more than qualified so admissions has been making some tough calls.. ? - I hope this is the case and that we all still have a shot!

Edited by Happiness is key
Forgot to add “given the high number of applicants”

2 hours ago, MSW2020lm said:

Has anyone had any communication with Todd? The email I sent had an auto reply saying end of March or early April.  I wonder if we should just expect to hear next week. 

Hi @MSW2020lm

Regarding "end of March or early April", do they mean it in terms of rolling out the results?

31 minutes ago, Jumbo3 said:

Hi @MSW2020lm

Regarding "end of March or early April", do they mean it in terms of rolling out the results?

Yes! 

"Thanks for your inquiry.  We are experiencing a high volume at this time.

If you are inquiring about the status of your application, official responses will be emailed by late March, early April."