MEd COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (OISE, UofT)

Toughcook1e

On 3/1/2021 at 9:17 AM, MSW2020lm said:

Nope. Have not heard. Please do let us know the response if you send an email! Good luck to everyone waiting.

Did anyone else get an email for open house for Med programs from OISE? Makes no sense they are yet to get back to us and now an open house to learn more about their programs? 

4 minutes ago, Regina77 said:

Did anyone else get an email for open house for Med programs from OISE? Makes no sense they are yet to get back to us and now an open house to learn more about their programs? 

Ya, got that as well. Counselling Psychotherapy isn't even in the list to be discussed. Weird. Maybe it is for people who are interested in the next round? I don't know haha

6 minutes ago, MSW2020lm said:

Ya, got that as well. Counselling Psychotherapy isn't even in the list to be discussed. Weird. Maybe it is for people who are interested in the next round? I don't know haha

Yah just noticed CP not on the list..they had another open house in the Fall....maybe they should use their time getting back to us first hahhahah #sotiredofwaiting!!

25 minutes ago, Regina77 said:

Yah just noticed CP not on the list..they had another open house in the Fall....maybe they should use their time getting back to us first hahhahah #sotiredofwaiting!!

Exactly! They should get back to us first! ??

I checked all the admission results for counselling and psychotherapy in previous years. I found most of the accepted students received responses before March 4th or on March 4th. Today is March 4th lol

Anxiety is killing a psyc student here.....?

18 hours ago, lpitt said:

Someone shared this from OISE website on the clinical forum so thought I would share it here. Not that my anxious self can handle more waiting but I guess it is to be expected ?

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 7.13.25 PM.png

24 minutes ago, Regina77 said:

I got in guys! Thank God!!!! check your emails. .......Okay waiting to hear from everyone - fingers crossed for everyone ....

Nothing...I have a bad feeling. Usually accepted students receive responses first, then waitlisted ones, and they finally send out emails to rejected students...

I'm really interested in the counselling psychology program at OISE but I was informed on Feb 26 that I was invited to developmental psychology and education which was my third choice. I had MEd Global mental health and counselling psychology as my second choice and I was not considered for that one either and this program is still open for application!! I'm not sure if I can email them ask for feedback or reasons why I was not considered in the counselling psychology program??? My guess is just lack of counselling experience. I have only one year of expereince directly related to counselling/advising, two years of helping experience assisting with university students, just started a behavioral intervionist posiition in Nov last year. I also heard that many people got accepted into the developmental psychology program this year. it sounds that this program is easy to enter for some reasons. Little disappointed that I did not get in. It is still a good news for those who have not heard back because that means your applications are still considering!!! 

Hi everyone! First time gradcafe user here. I recieved my acceptance to the MEd Counseling program yesturday by email. I really thought I would have to apply a few more times to get in so I'm incredibly happy, shocked and relieved. I am not sure if they send out all the acceptances at once (most schools don't, I think?) so there's still hope! I wish you all the best with your applications ❤️

1 hour ago, MSW2020lm said:

Well let's just wait and see if any more go out today or waitlist spots. If its not the year, don't give up hope. 

Thanks! Best to you! 

1 hour ago, aspiringtherapist said:

Hi everyone! First time gradcafe user here. I recieved my acceptance to the MEd Counseling program yesturday by email. I really thought I would have to apply a few more times to get in so I'm incredibly happy, shocked and relieved. I am not sure if they send out all the acceptances at once (most schools don't, I think?) so there's still hope! I wish you all the best with your applications ❤️

CONGRATS!! that is so amazing to hear :) would you be willing to share your experience and gpa? 

17 minutes ago, LiveLovePsych said:

CONGRATS!! that is so amazing to hear :) would you be willing to share your experience and gpa? 

Thank you so much! :) My last year was a 4.0 GPA. I have around 4000 work/volunteer hours, with experience at a crisis line, in peer support, a little bit with addictions and now at work at a mental health organization. I didn't do a thesis in my undergrad or volunteer in a lab (although not required for this program I thought it would lessen my chances given that it's UofT)

17 minutes ago, aspiringtherapist said:

Thank you so much! :) My last year was a 4.0 GPA. I have around 4000 work/volunteer hours, with experience at a crisis line, in peer support, a little bit with addictions and now at work at a mental health organization. I didn't do a thesis in my undergrad or volunteer in a lab (although not required for this program I thought it would lessen my chances given that it's UofT)

Thats awesome! you gave me some hope because I have very similar experience as you but I didnt mention on my CV how many hours I did in each experience. I hope that doesn't deter them from me! haha congrats again :)

1 minute ago, LiveLovePsych said:

Thats awesome! you gave me some hope because I have very similar experience as you but I didnt mention on my CV how many hours I did in each experience. I hope that doesn't deter them from me! haha congrats again :)

Aww I'm glad! I didn't either, but it was required for the UofT MSW program so I did for that one (still no word on that application). You can probably mention # of hours in your personal statement if you wanted to though. I wish you all the best with your application(s)! :)

26 minutes ago, aspiringtherapist said:

Hey!! Congrats on the acceptance. Were you the one that posted on the results page?? Someone wrote on the results page that they heard today! Just wondering if we should still hold on hope for an acceptance! 

44 minutes ago, MSW2020lm said:

Hey!! Congrats on the acceptance. Were you the one that posted on the results page?? Someone wrote on the results page that they heard today! Just wondering if we should still hold on hope for an acceptance! 

Thank you! I did post on the results page this morning, it looks like I forgot to change the date to the 4th! Omg so sorry about that