16 hours ago, Renz said:

There’s always something for you. Sometimes you’ll just have to wait for that perfect moment. I’ve been applying for 3 years now and I think this could be my last, no matter the outcome. Hahaha

Well in my case we were informed a little bit late since they wanted to prioritize the selected candidates. I was informed April 29 of last year that I was put in the reserved list. And I thought it was already a great achievement since there are hundreds (I believe) who have applied. My Bachelor’s Degree is Food Technology. I know it’s a bit far from ECT but I’m also lucky with my job to give me skills and competencies relevant for ECT. How about you? :)

Thanks for the info! I agree that the right opportunity will come when it should. Go you for persevering another year! Like you said it’s already an accomplishment to get so close to selection. I actually looked for any info about how many applied last year but couldn’t find anything.

My degree is biochemistry and molecular biology but I studied business in uni for a year and a half before switching to biochem. I wouldn’t say Food Technology is all that far from toxicology honestly, both are rooted in chemistry and not poisoning people hahah

8 hours ago, Lenda said:

Thanks for the info! I agree that the right opportunity will come when it should. Go you for persevering another year! Like you said it’s already an accomplishment to get so close to selection. I actually looked for any info about how many applied last year but couldn’t find anything.

My degree is biochemistry and molecular biology but I studied business in uni for a year and a half before switching to biochem. I wouldn’t say Food Technology is all that far from toxicology honestly, both are rooted in chemistry and not poisoning people hahah

My estimate for last year’s total number of applicants should be around 250-300 at least, that’s based on my generated application number, just a wild guess. This year, hope I’m wrong but it has probably tripled (mine in the portal is already on 700th- ish). Anyway I just love deducing things to keep me busy and on the line, not too relaxed and not too anxious.

Nice! Good move to switch to biochemistry, it’s one of my fave subjects too, tbh. Hahahaha. Yes, you’re right. Good thing is I have a certain toxicology course in my undergrad (on top of chemistry ones) so maybe it also pushed my ranking up last year. I’m only hoping I’ve made the right tweaks in my submission this year. The process is all fun but exhausting. ??

On 3/1/2021 at 1:58 AM, Renz said:

My estimate for last year’s total number of applicants should be around 250-300 at least, that’s based on my generated application number, just a wild guess. This year, hope I’m wrong but it has probably tripled (mine in the portal is already on 700th- ish). Anyway I just love deducing things to keep me busy and on the line, not too relaxed and not too anxious.

Nice! Good move to switch to biochemistry, it’s one of my fave subjects too, tbh. Hahahaha. Yes, you’re right. Good thing is I have a certain toxicology course in my undergrad (on top of chemistry ones) so maybe it also pushed my ranking up last year. I’m only hoping I’ve made the right tweaks in my submission this year. The process is all fun but exhausting. ??

I was hoping those numbers in the portal weren't an absolute count of the number of applicants lol. It would make sense that there's more applications this year with corona keeping a lot of students unable to start their studies last year. 

Yeah I am very happy I made the switch. It was stressful at times cause I had to fit the whole degree into half the time period usually taken but it was completely worth it. I'm sure having some toxicology course work already is big help! There was one offered in the summer at my uni but it was too expensive for me to take another summer course. At least its just a monthish to wait for the results, the DAAD scholarship in Germany is taking 4 months to get answers out ?

2 hours ago, Lenda said:

I was hoping those numbers in the portal weren't an absolute count of the number of applicants lol. It would make sense that there's more applications this year with corona keeping a lot of students unable to start their studies last year. 

Yeah I am very happy I made the switch. It was stressful at times cause I had to fit the whole degree into half the time period usually taken but it was completely worth it. I'm sure having some toxicology course work already is big help! There was one offered in the summer at my uni but it was too expensive for me to take another summer course. At least its just a monthish to wait for the results, the DAAD scholarship in Germany is taking 4 months to get answers out ?

Yes. I only hope luck is with us this year. Hahahaha

Did you apply for DAAD too? I've seen there are a lot of great programs with DAAD's program but I think the process is a bit too tedious for international applicants so I've decided not to apply. Hahaha

Anyway, they already offered conditional acceptance to my application via portal. You should check yours too. Perhaps will just wait until April for the scholarship.

On 2/27/2021 at 5:51 PM, Renz said:

Hi! I've submitted my application just this time for ECT+. Actually I was in the reserve list last year and I only tried to re-apply again because nobody knows when luck hits you. I've made some improvements for this year, hoping they will be pleased with my submission this time. 

Not to be speculating but I have heard of people who were in the reserve list initially and got into the programme after re-applying.

Good luck! 

Hello everyone, hope you will hear back soon from more programmes. I passed the pre-selection process for one programme (LAGLOBE) so I'll be doing an interview soon for that. The interview is a bit nerve-wrecking since it will be in multiple languages, but I hope to find out soon afterwards if I got the scholarship or not. For the other programme I applied to, MITRA, I have not heard anything back yet and was not given any timeline from them (they also do an interview).

Hey guys! I applied to Europubhealth+ and GLOBED.  I am on the reserved list for the scholarship for Europubhealth+ and have heard nothing from GLOBED.  The email said that I have very low probability to get the scholarship. Do you guys see it as worth it to be self- funded? 

10 hours ago, croqueta said:

Hello everyone, hope you will hear back soon from more programmes. I passed the pre-selection process for one programme (LAGLOBE) so I'll be doing an interview soon for that. The interview is a bit nerve-wrecking since it will be in multiple languages, but I hope to find out soon afterwards if I got the scholarship or not. For the other programme I applied to, MITRA, I have not heard anything back yet and was not given any timeline from them (they also do an interview).

good luck on your interview!

Hi folks, I applied to NOHA, an Erasmus program for a Masters in International Humanitarian Action. They rejected me for the scholarship but accepted me for the program. I want to apply for other scholarships, without which I cannot attend the program. What scholarships can I apply for? Many thanks!

13 hours ago, Wasp101 said:

Hi folks, I applied to NOHA, an Erasmus program for a Masters in International Humanitarian Action. They rejected me for the scholarship but accepted me for the program. I want to apply for other scholarships, without which I cannot attend the program. What scholarships can I apply for? Many thanks!

This happened to me last year. I was on reserve list. Unfortunately, depending on your country of origin, there is not many available scholarship grants. You have better chances if you're from a developing country -- many private companies are sponsoring grants. Make sure to check your program's website too, or the university website to see what are avaialble to you.

On 3/12/2021 at 3:45 AM, Receptor said:

Hi all, has anyone applied for the NANOMED or IMIM program?

Hi! I applied for NANOMED here, but got rejected (wasn't considered for the interview). Heard from a labmate of mine that applied for this year's intake as well that the selection committee was looking for someone with a biochemistry background. 

On 3/13/2021 at 9:20 AM, PME17 said:

This happened to me last year. I was on reserve list. Unfortunately, depending on your country of origin, there is not many available scholarship grants. You have better chances if you're from a developing country -- many private companies are sponsoring grants. Make sure to check your program's website too, or the university website to see what are avaialble to you.

Hi! I just received an email stating that I'm on the reserve list. Is it possible to ask how far down we are on the list?

On 3/12/2021 at 7:02 AM, Wasp101 said:

I know that for some programmes they mention the regular Erasmus+ scholarship which could provide some funding, since this an option available for anyone doing a Bachelor's or Masters in a participating country. However it would only be for one semester, and a loooot less than what the full Erasmus Mundus scholarship covers (like maybe 500 euros a month). Some EM programmes also provide a tuition waiver to some applicants that don't receive the scholarship, but not all. 

14 minutes ago, jamcl31 said:

Hi! I just received an email stating that I'm on the reserve list. Is it possible to ask how far down we are on the list?

You can always try to ask. Some programs will not tell you, though. Mine did. 

On 3/16/2021 at 3:38 AM, jamcl31 said:

Sure it's possible. Mine disclosed my rank last year after I emailed them. I was also on the reserve list. Maybe just explain why you need to know and perhaps they might tell you your rank and your chance of getting in the main list.

Hi! By any chance, have there been people here who were emailed by CNE (Chemical Nanoengineering)? The last communication I got was last Sunday, saying that they'll be sending out feedbacks this week. The wait's killing me

18 minutes ago, materialboy said:

Hi! By any chance, have there been people here who were emailed by CNE (Chemical Nanoengineering)? The last communication I got was last Sunday, saying that they'll be sending out feedbacks this week. The wait's killing me

I haven't applied to that programme but wait is definitely killing me too! I can't get off this forum, that's for sure! 

1 hour ago, radetzky said:

I haven't applied to that programme but wait is definitely killing me too! I can't get off this forum, that's for sure! 

Hello guys. Hahahaha just relax. Some programs would usually update by mid-April. You're lucky if they are normally scheduled to release scholarship results by March. 

13 hours ago, materialboy said:

Soooo as if the world got tired of my anxiety, the admissions committee emailed me earlier this morning to inform me I was in the reserve list. I just asked them how far down I am into the list so I can gauge my chances of getting into the main list. 

Having read the email, I kinda lost hope of getting into any programs this year hahah I'm still waiting for the results of another program but my expectations are quite low already. Again, good luck to the other people waiting for their results!

Hey everyone!

Has anyone received the results from Euroculture program? Previously they sent a letter saying that the results will be released by Mid-March but it is already March 19th and I haven't gotten anything. I tried to send them a request asking about the date of the release but received nothing. I would be grateful for the feedback!

11 hours ago, materialboy said:

Soooo as if the world got tired of my anxiety, the admissions committee emailed me earlier this morning to inform me I was in the reserve list. I just asked them how far down I am into the list so I can gauge my chances of getting into the main list. 

Having read the email, I kinda lost hope of getting into any programs this year hahah I'm still waiting for the results of another program but my expectations are quite low already. Again, good luck to the other people waiting for their results!

Congratulations!!! Don't lose hope just yet. There's still a chance you might get in esp. if you're in the top 10 from the reserve list.

49 minutes ago, Sofiia Kuchumova said:

Hey everyone!

Has anyone received the results from Euroculture program? Previously they sent a letter saying that the results will be released by Mid-March but it is already March 19th and I haven't gotten anything. I tried to send them a request asking about the date of the release but received nothing. I would be grateful for the feedback!

I haven't got anything too. I think the Euroculture office is closed on Fridays but the coordinator emailed us last Friday. If we don't get it today, maybe it's delayed again. ?