i had my interview today and it went pretty well. All the questions were related to my motivation and desire to get a master's degree. I am just wondering how they can see that one candidate is more motivated than the other one ? i think everyone's answers to such questions are almost the same

On 3/26/2021 at 4:18 PM, Valeriiia Vakhitova said:

Is anyone here applying for MER? Would love to share our anxieties in awaiting together!

Yep, checking the portal daily for any changes but haven't seen any yet.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:46 PM, Isabela Carvalho said:

That's nice! I'm going to Groningen (1st) and Krakow (2nd)! Good luck to us!! :) 

I can't overstate this, but Groningen is one of the most wonderful student cities in Europe. I did an exchange semester there during my bachelor's and I am telling you it was bliss every day for five months. Book housing ASAP though. SSH is not the nicest accommodation but its secure, and those who wait too long risk having to camp out for the first few weeks, it's pretty brutal. Enjoy and message me if you want any other tips! :)

4 hours ago, Lenda said:

I can't overstate this, but Groningen is one of the most wonderful student cities in Europe. I did an exchange semester there during my bachelor's and I am telling you it was bliss every day for five months. Book housing ASAP though. SSH is not the nicest accommodation but its secure, and those who wait too long risk having to camp out for the first few weeks, it's pretty brutal. Enjoy and message me if you want any other tips! :)

Hey Lenda, thank you so much! 

I'll definitely message you to get more tips!! I'm really excited to go to Groningen!! I've seen some pictures and it's breathtaking!

I have an online meeting with the coordinator about many topics and accommodation is a priority. I've read that it can be really hard to find a place. 

On 4/4/2021 at 11:02 PM, Isabela Carvalho said:

Hey Lenda, thank you so much! 

I'll definitely message you to get more tips!! I'm really excited to go to Groningen!! I've seen some pictures and it's breathtaking!

I have an online meeting with the coordinator about many topics and accommodation is a priority. I've read that it can be really hard to find a place. 

No problem! I take every opportunity I can to talk up Groningen hahah but that’s great you’ll talk with the coordinator and I think EM students have more support than the average international student. What’s nice is Dutch Unis take care of the residence permit processes themselves. Maybe cause of covid finding accommodation will be a little easier but definitely start looking as soon as you can! I lived in SSH international short term housing in Kornoeljestraat 8. I think it may have been renovated since I stayed in 2018, but honestly the dorm was pretty crappy when I stayed when it comes to how nice it is. However it has a super friendly and open environment, everyone has their own room, and students from both the RUG and Hanze can live there so you can meet a ton of people. I made really wonderful friends there and I wouldn’t have changed my housing choice if I could. More expensive but nice places are the student hotel (not SSH) and upsilon (also SSH). Message me anytime if you have any questions!

On 4/2/2021 at 10:59 AM, MariiaKond said:

Hi everyone! Yesterday got reject from EUROSUD :( Waiting for CLMС and IMAESC. Anxiety as a life style...

Hey! Were you shortlisted for the interview by IMAESC?

Just now, MariiaKond said:

Hey! No, I wasn't ? I got nothing :( I consider it as the second fail ? And did you got?

Nope, same here :( If you want, I can add you to the chat of applicants or share the mail I got from Glasgow (in dm)

On 3/28/2021 at 3:09 AM, Mariea said:

Hi! Has anyone applied for Gemma? the consortium has not given any update regarding the announcement of result. if anyone is waiting to hear from this program share it here! Thank you

Hiii! I made an account just to answer this and find someone to anxiously wait with. 

I wrote them a week ago and they just answered that they are still deciding and that the results will be posted in April. Then, I googled it and some rando on Reddit said they would be out by the 20th but without any further explanation.

Today they posted the call for the self-financed candidates so they must be close to publishing the results for the scholarship aaaaand I keep refreshing facebook to see if anyone answered what some other candidate posted in the Gemma group. 

Aaaaaaand that's all I know.