2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

4 minutes ago, jmb9517 said:

Has anyone heard back from UT Austin yet?  MyStatus just says that my "file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."

I heard back from UT Austin (got an interview) on Dec 21st, but it went to my spam folder and I did not see it until Dec 31st when the admissions coordinator had to personally email me from a separate email because the deadline to sign up for interviews had passed (super embarrassing for me I know). Thankfully they were very kind and understanding and let me still sign up but if they hadn't emailed me again I would have totally missed it!! So I would check your spam folder ASAP, I feel like I am not starting off on the right foot with them already ?

Edited by dialga

6 minutes ago, dialga said:

I heard back from UT Austin (got an interview) on Dec 21st, but it went to my spam folder and I did not see it until Dec 31st when the admissions coordinator had to personally email me from a separate email because the deadline to sign up for interviews had passed (super embarrassing for me I know). Thankfully they were very kind and understanding and let me still sign up but if they hadn't emailed me again I would have totally missed it!! So I would check your spam folder ASAP, I feel like I am not starting off on the right foot with them already ?

Oh no!  I just automatically delete everything in my Spam folder.  I should probably get out of that habit.  I just emailed the graduate coordinator directly.  Hopefully, I didn't inadvertently squander an opportunity if they were kind enough to grant me one.

12 hours ago, swallowtaile said:

May be a silly question, but does anyone interviewing with UCSF know where to find the Zoom links? I'm anticipating that they would email them to us, but still haven't received any. Thank you!

I just got an email with a zoom link directly from the faculty member I am interviewing with tomorrow.

Just now, ens25 said:

I just got an email with a zoom link directly from the faculty member I am interviewing with tomorrow.

Hi, many thanks! I finally got mine too! I contacted the program coordinator and she helped to follow up with the ones that I hadn't received at the time. Just wanted to share this in case it helps someone!

10 minutes ago, jmb9517 said:

Oh no!  I just automatically delete everything in my Spam folder.  I should probably get out of that habit.  I just emailed the graduate coordinator directly.  Hopefully, I didn't inadvertently squander an opportunity if they were kind enough to grant me one.

I'm sure they will understand! I feel like this probably happened to a lot of people because almost nothing goes to my spam folder, so I have no idea how it ended up there in the first place. Good luck to you!

1 hour ago, jmb9517 said:

Has anyone heard back from UT Austin yet?  MyStatus just says that my "file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."

I'm in the same boat - nothing in my spam folder unfortunately...

17 hours ago, equity said:

I was admitted to BCS a couple years ago on the cognitive side, and got an invite in December, as did a couple other cog people I know (not sure if we were "clear admits"--is this based on insider info or inferring based on grad cafe search results [not being snarky; genuinely curious]). Others I know got invites in January.

And yes (to another person's question) invites are handled separately by track (to some degree), as are admission decisions more generally.

Sorry, I reused "clear admits" to try to address two users at once. I only noticed a pattern for December invitations and cognitive backgrounds. I don't think that "clear admits" exist at schools like MIT, Harvard, Stanford, etc. Thanks for clarifying.

On 12/23/2021 at 12:20 PM, kjbio2022 said:

I applied to UCSD: BMS, UCSD: Neuro, UNC: BBSP, Duke: CMM/developmental, U Wash: MCB, U Wash Neuro.

UCSD: BMS) I received an interview --> one of my co-applicants messaged their director and he was told all interview invites have been sent out

UCSD: Neuro) I spoke to one of the members of the review committee and was told they're still deciding

U Wash: based on this forum, it seems invites have been sent so I did not receive an interview

UNC: BBSP) dunno yet 

Duke: CMM) dunno yet

If you know anything about UNC: BBSP or Duke: CMM please let me know! Good luck all!

Hi Kjbio2022,

Have you heard anything else from UCSD Neuro about whether they are still deciding on interviews? Thanks! 

28 minutes ago, kjbio2022 said:

So I heard back from the committee member. They said: "There were 800+ applications so I know it’s been a long process, but I don’t actually know when invites are being sent out." so in summary. I have no idea ? sorry guys.

for which program?