2022-2023 Clinical Psychology Applications - Canada

1 hour ago, BananaMonkeys said:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into when offers for York’s Adult Clinical program are going out? Or if anyone has heard back from an Adult Clinical POI after being interviewed?

Thanks!!

Also wondering the same thing!

59 minutes ago, clinicaljunky said:

FYI, apparently Queens sent out their formal interview invites today. Can anyone else confirm? 

I can't confirm this. Personally, I haven't received the formal invite but I also have not received a rejection or notice of not moving on to the next stage. 

2 hours ago, BananaMonkeys said:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into when offers for York’s Adult Clinical program are going out? Or if anyone has heard back from an Adult Clinical POI after being interviewed?

Thanks!!

I got accepted to the Adult Clinical MA program about a week ago. I got my acceptance letter and everything's been updated in MyFile.

Edited by lemonsqueezy

6 hours ago, Lavender_1 said:

I can't confirm this. Personally, I haven't received the formal invite but I also have not received a rejection or notice of not moving on to the next stage. 

Wow, just today? I can't confirm, no invite on my end. Looking like applications are over for me this year. 

Hi Everyone,

I have some questions about formal interviews and rejection deadlines for the following schools. Queens, UBC okanagan campus, UTSC and Western for clinical psych. Has anyone heard from these schools either a interview or rejection? Most of my applications statuses just say submitted, so im not sure when a change will happen. Any info would be super helpful!

Just now, psyched555 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have some questions about formal interviews and rejection deadlines for the following schools. Queens, UBC okanagan campus, UTSC and Western for clinical psych. Has anyone heard from these schools either a interview or rejection? Most of my applications statuses just say submitted, so im not sure when a change will happen. Any info would be super helpful!

Hello! I have an interview with UTSC on Monday/Tuesday. Have not heard from UBCO, and didn't apply to the rest. Good luck!

1 minute ago, psyched555 said:

Hi Everyone,

UBCO just finished their formal interviews. 

32 minutes ago, psyched555 said:

Hi Everyone,

Queens apparently just starting sending out formal interviews. You would have already had to meet with for a prelim. If you did then there is a slight chance you get invited, but they started sending them yesterday. Western has already done interviews. So I have no idea. I've only received 2 formal rejections thus far, and I know for sure that only 2 schools I applied too are still sending out. 

55 minutes ago, psyched555 said:

Hi Everyone,

Hey! Western interview day is tomorrow! They probably won't send out official rejections or acceptances until 1-2 weeks after then!

3 hours ago, PSYCNerd101 said:

What do you guys think about waitlists? How slim are my chances of getting an offer after getting waitlisted?

Well you have a better chance than just being outright rejected. If they didn't think you had what it takes for their program, you wouldn't be on the waitlist. I realize this is probably of little comfort now..

However, the chances of getting of the waitlist depend on a number of factors - how many students can your POI take, how competitive the program is, and what is the procedure the department follows once a student rejects an offer. In the past, I got into a master's off a waitlist, so I know it can happen. Usually programs that keep waitlist do so because in previous cycles their first ranked applicants declined. You might be able to see from program stats how many people got in from the waitlist in previous years. 

Hope you hear some good news!?

School: Queen's

TypeClinical Psychology MSc/PhD

Acceptance/Waitlist/Rejection: Acceptance

Type of Notification: Unofficial email from POI after formal interview with department

Date Notified: 2/11/2022

After 6 apparent rejections this cycle and no other interviews, things have finally fallen into place. 

Happy to answer any questions. Other future Queen's students, let's talk! :)

Edited by PsychHopeful2022

5 minutes ago, PsychHopeful2022 said:

School: Queen's

TypeClinical Psychology MA/PhD

Acceptance/Waitlist/Rejection: Acceptance

Type of Notification: Unofficial email from POI after formal interview with department

Date Notified: 2/11/2022

After 6 apparent rejections this cycle and no other interviews, things have finally fallen into place. 

Happy to answer any questions. Other future Queen's students, let's talk! :)

This gives me so much hope, I'm on a trend of rejections so far after interviews from other schools and was beginning to feel hopeless as hell. All it takes is one!

If it's anything like last year we will not be hearing back until May lol. My POI gave me a rejection notice but the actual letter did not come until May for me when I applied last year 

Edit: this was for @psychy999, forgot to quote, sorry!

Edited by carlrogersfan98