MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

27 minutes ago, DiveInComeOutKinder said:

Hi everyone, I just logged on to LORIS (for the hundredth time), and my application has disappeared. it says I have no current applications... can anyone advise me as to what is going on please? TIA

Hey, just wanted to say that the same thing has happened with me on my LORIS. My application is gone. Not too sure what's going on. Really strange.

Just now, mswhopeful2022 said:

Hey, just wanted to say that the same thing has happened with me on my LORIS. My application is gone. Not too sure what's going on. Really strange.

Thanks for reassuring me that I didn't screw up the application! I'm wondering if the site is down, or if it means our applications are in review.

5 hours ago, teaandSW21 said:

hey- i'm applying to UBCO as well.  

Ahh a potential classmate/fellow clinical enthusiast! Yay! 

Btw is there no reference form for UBCO like UofT to be sent out in advance to referees? Or is the reference format going to be just a general letter without the philosophical questions? 

Also, which population/s & setting/s do you aspire to work with your MSW?

P.s. I Really am not a fan of how UBCO makes us submit our application before sending out emails to referees ugh? Glad I did the UofT application beforehand!

7 hours ago, DiveInComeOutKinder said:

Hi everyone, I just logged on to LORIS (for the hundredth time), and my application has disappeared. it says I have no current applications... can anyone advise me as to what is going on please? TIA

Hi there,

I am glad to hear that my LORIS is not the only one to disappear. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that all documentation was to be handed in as of yesterday? If not, then maybe the system is overwhelmed or in a glitch.

I know that LORIS stated that the university shuts down from the 23rd-jan 3rd so maybe an early closing? I doubt that they'd close this early, but you never know. 

On 12/13/2021 at 7:15 PM, WhoDat said:

Also curious about UofT's admissions team.. does anyone know who besides Angela sifts through the applications or is it just her? I couldn't find anything online about this! Maybe I've missed a gradcafe past years comment on this!?

Angela doesn't look through the applications for admission, the applications are review by an admissions committee usually made up of faculty and alumni. I think I remember reading that the committee is potentially different each year and they do not announce who is on it. 

Can anyone explain the difference between a qualitative and quantitative research methods course? What should I be looking for in the course description? Or does anyone have a psych degree from Waterloo that might know which courses would be considered qualitative and quantitative? Super confused about this requirement for the two year Western program. 

1 hour ago, HopeisthewaytoCope said:

Yes I received that email. Do you know where or when the student numbers were given out. Thats the one thing Im having a hard time finding.

same - I'm not sure.  It was supposed to be sent in a separate email but I did not receive it.

4 hours ago, TeeM2022 said:

same - I'm not sure.  It was supposed to be sent in a separate email but I did not receive it.

Im not sure if this matters, but I applied last year and did not get another email, however my joinid is the same as last year I believe. So maybe if you are not a new applicant you don't get another email? I have no idea 

6 hours ago, TeeM2022 said:

I am still waiting to receive the email with my student number as well

3 hours ago, MSW-Advanced Standing said:

https://join.utoronto.ca/

according to the website, i think JOIN is only for undergrad?

Yes it is also written in their Email that grad school applicants are not eligible to use JOIN.

I think their email systems got some sort of the time lag as I received the JoinID first and a preliminary student no. (not equal to an admission offer) a day later, while their email suggested that I should have received the student no. before the JoinID. Anyway I just need the ID to register for residence as an international student and the system for the next fall admission opens on coming Jan so its totally fine for me.

On 12/17/2021 at 12:46 PM, madamemsw2022 said:

Hi there,

I am glad to hear that my LORIS is not the only one to disappear. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that all documentation was to be handed in as of yesterday? If not, then maybe the system is overwhelmed or in a glitch.

I know that LORIS stated that the university shuts down from the 23rd-jan 3rd so maybe an early closing? I doubt that they'd close this early, but you never know. 

I think it is the problem in their system as the application in LORIS showed up again. Besides the Faculty has started reviewing the application already as I received E-mail to submit additional documents, hope something good happens.

On 12/16/2021 at 10:57 PM, WhoDat said:

Ahh a potential classmate/fellow clinical enthusiast! Yay! 

Btw is there no reference form for UBCO like UofT to be sent out in advance to referees? Or is the reference format going to be just a general letter without the philosophical questions? 

Also, which population/s & setting/s do you aspire to work with your MSW?

P.s. I Really am not a fan of how UBCO makes us submit our application before sending out emails to referees ugh? Glad I did the UofT application beforehand!

ugh right.. so annoying that the references were to complete after we submitted.. makes it weird with the timing. I did not like the 6 questions with such a small word limit, pleasure to virtually 'meet' though :) I think for the references they will just be asked the same questions that we 'ranked' ourselves on in the application process then they compare what we said to what they said? just a guess. I want to work with adolescents with trauma in the mental health setting, hopefully with doing private practice one day.. how about you?