2022 Results

StringOfSymbols

13 hours ago, Logic_Lady said:

Y'all.........I heard literally nothing all week............even though I've seen people get acceptances and waitlists from several of the programs where I applied.

I'm in the exact same situation! I really thought I'd hear back from at least a few more schools last week, but nothing (well, not nothing, I got waitlisted from a school yesterday). What's frustrating is that I've seen a lot of other people heard back (especially from Pitt and UNC), and I haven't heard a thing. Still have a few more schools so I'm a little hopeful, but it's been a week full of frustration.

Notified this morning that I am on a waitlist of 5 applicants at the University of Cincinnati. 

A: Minnesota, Nebraska (declined offer)

W: Michigan State, Kansas, Boston University, Cincinnati

R: Oregon, Wisconsin 

P: 6

2 hours ago, TakingACarnap said:

Notified this morning that I am on a waitlist of 5 applicants at the University of Cincinnati. 

A: Minnesota, Nebraska (declined offer)

W: Michigan State, Kansas, Boston University, Cincinnati

R: Oregon, Wisconsin 

P: 6

Congrats on your successes so far! 

I've noticed just one acceptance from Cincinnati so far. Do you suspect that they will be sending out more acceptances? 

1 minute ago, PhilApplicant said:

Congrats on your successes so far! 

I've noticed just one acceptance from Cincinnati so far. Do you suspect that they will be sending out more acceptances? 

That's a great question. I noticed on the spreadsheet that Cincinnati had already sent out both acceptances and waitlist notifications. So I figures I was getting a rejection notice. Perhaps they are a bit more sporadic with communicating acceptances, waitlists, and rejections, and there are still more to come. 

rejected from Fordham. 

Accepted: 

Waitlisted:

Rejected: Fordham, UC Berkeley, SUNY Stony Brook, Northwestern, Emory, Oregon, Boston U, Loyola Chicago, DePaul

Pending: UC Riverside, Villanova, Georgetown, Duquesne, CUNY, Columbia, Kentucky, McGill, New Mexico.

They all probably found my writing sample intimidating and that's why they won't let me in. They're afraid of my intellectual might and intestinal fortitude.

2 hours ago, Consolation_Prize_of_Phil said:

Is anyone else still in the dark for Boston College? Spreadsheet says that they tend to stagger releases, but its been a week since a bunch of people posted rejections in FB. Trying to figure out at what point im allowed to rekindle a bit of hope.

anyway,

Acceptances:

Waitlists:

Rejections: Stony Brook, Vanderbilt, Emory, DePaul, Northwestern

Pending: Duquesne, CUNY, Kentucky, Boston College, Binghamton

I am also curious about Boston College. Should we assume that we are on a the waitlist. According to the spreadsheet, people have only reported acceptance and rejection.

In addition, has anyone received information from UBC (Vancouver)? 

2 hours ago, Larry David said:

I am also curious about Boston College. Should we assume that we are on a the waitlist. According to the spreadsheet, people have only reported acceptance and rejection.

Could go either way.

I've made it my own policy to assume rejection in cases like this and let myself be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.

8 hours ago, TakingACarnap said:

That's a great question. I noticed on the spreadsheet that Cincinnati had already sent out both acceptances and waitlist notifications. So I figures I was getting a rejection notice. Perhaps they are a bit more sporadic with communicating acceptances, waitlists, and rejections, and there are still more to come. 

I hope you're right. The apparent lack of uniformity in acceptance practices across (and within) departments mystifies me. I'm pretty sure, for example, that I didn't get into San Diego (given recent acceptances/waitlists). But the very possibility that maybe they've "staggared" acceptances (as some departments seem to do) leaves me with a dreadful sense of hope. 

13 hours ago, Larry David said:

Hi, Larry. Sorry to hear that you're still waiting for news from UBC. I did receive an acceptance (PhD) about a week ago, so they have certainly begun reviewing and deciding on applicants. I have been out of the online-admissions loop, but maybe others have more information on how many students they're looking to accept this year. I did take the offer, so that is one spot gone.

I also rejected an offer from McGill, which hopefully speeds up the waitlist! For anyone that happens to get into McGill, I wanted to quickly note that at least two faculty members, Prof. Fiasse and Prof. Al-Saji, are, by my lights, quite kind and personable. (Of course, this is just one experience.)

Hopefully this creates some movement for someone here, I have declined my waitlist offers from University of Kansas, and the University of Cincinnati. At Cincinnati I was on a waitlist of 5, so maybe that opens up something for someone. Take care all! 

9 hours ago, TakingACarnap said:

Hopefully this creates some movement for someone here, I have declined my waitlist offers from University of Kansas, and the University of Cincinnati. At Cincinnati I was on a waitlist of 5, so maybe that opens up something for someone. Take care all! 

Also, I just declined my waitlist position at Boston University. Good luck everyone! 

A: 

W:

R: UC Berkeley, NYU, Fordham, BU, BC, Georgetown, Stony Brook, Oregon, Penn State

P: Columbia

This is my first cycle of applications, and I received quite a shellacking, despite my referees saying that my application is very strong. Not sure what the reason could be, but I'll apply again next year with a different SoP and perhaps a different writing sample. 

@you'll_never_get_to_heaven, hilarious posts, BTW!

A:

W: Toronto, UVa, Colorado-Boulder, UConn, Syracuse

R: Rice, UW-Madison, Boston U, Brown, UNC, UMass

P: Rutgers, CUNY, Notre Dame, UBC, Miami

Except for Rutgers, all the other programs that are pending have already sent out acceptances, so it'll be another waitlist at best or rejection at worst. I hope I get admitted off the waitlist at one of those programs.

7 minutes ago, mindbodyproblem said:

got slammed with rejections last night -- who let so many schools release decisions within an hour?!? now i'm just ready to start making my decision..

A: BC, BU, UVA, Fordham

W: UMass

R: Yale, Chicago, Toronto, NYU, Princeton

R (assumed): Notre Dame, Harvard

P: UBC, Cornell 

How do you rank your acceptances? "BC" refers to Boston College correct?

17 minutes ago, Larry David said:

How do you rank your acceptances? "BC" refers to Boston College correct?

yes, Boston College! I have a lot more thinking to do before anything is set in stone (so take this with a grain of salt), but BC is towards the top of my list and I will likely decline the Fordham offer. BC I heard from much earlier than the others so I've communicated much more with their department (which could make me skew towards them), so I need to do the same for UVA and BU (Boston University) before I can accurately rank.

2 hours ago, mindbodyproblem said:

got slammed with rejections last night -- who let so many schools release decisions within an hour?!? now i'm just ready to start making my decision..

A: BC, BU, UVA, Fordham

W: UMass

R: Yale, Chicago, Toronto, NYU, Princeton

R (assumed): Notre Dame, Harvard

P: UBC, Cornell 

Honestly, I'd love to get them all at once. Rip the bandaid off

1 hour ago, PhilApplicant said:

Waitlisted at UIC and Cincinnati. Both programs inform me that it is likely that they will be able to offer me admission. I'm cautiously excited. 

1a/2w/4r/2p

Heya congrats! I removed myself from the waitlist at Cincinnati this week. It's a really good program. I have a friend there who seems to be enjoying themself. Sending you good vibes that it all comes together. Cheers!  

5 hours ago, TakingACarnap said:

Heya congrats! I removed myself from the waitlist at Cincinnati this week. It's a really good program. I have a friend there who seems to be enjoying themself. Sending you good vibes that it all comes together. Cheers!  

TakingACarnap, what is your top school? As a fan of Carnap, I simply must know