Walter Hartwell White Posted March 11 Posted March 11 Bit confused about my UTK waitlist. It seems like for fiction, people got a detailed email about what funding they’d get if they moved off and a more personal one and for me with poetry I just got a portal update. Do they do it that differently for genres? I’m also confused because I’m the only update for poetry right now on the spreadsheet lol. I thought a lot more people applied to UTK. dontwanttodothis 1
dontwanttodothis Posted March 11 Posted March 11 59 minutes ago, Walter Hartwell White said: Bit confused about my UTK waitlist. It seems like for fiction, people got a detailed email about what funding they’d get if they moved off and a more personal one and for me with poetry I just got a portal update. Do they do it that differently for genres? I’m also confused because I’m the only update for poetry right now on the spreadsheet lol. I thought a lot more people applied to UTK. In general I'm starting to think we probably underestimate the amount of people *not* on either Draft or gradcafe. (Despite them being incredibly helpful resources!) For poetry, many funded programs only have a couple of acceptances and waitlists on the spreadsheet per school; my very dumb ballpark guess is 75% of the MFA poetry pool doesn't use facebook/is unaware of it/stays mute. kiki.xoxo, lisichka, martysupreme and 1 other 1 3
luna2 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 Any new updates about the Iowa poetry program? SocialKonstruct 1
OnTheWhaleRoad Posted March 11 Posted March 11 18 hours ago, OnTheWhaleRoad said: I made this account to say one thing only: C'mon, BU. Manifested a rejection for somebody else on the GC BU admission page with this post.
ojo534 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 11 hours ago, imgonnapuke said: update from the nyu event today: deborah landau said they accepted 24 poetry, 24 fiction, 12 cnf but according to some notes on draft they're still sending out acceptances..."NYU admin has said they're not done with sending out acceptances and waitlists yet! (heard this separately from 2 current NYU MFA students 🙂)" another person on draft said they got accepted yesterday, so looks like they're continuing to send off offers as people decline/more spaces become available this is simultaneously making me feel optimistic and terrified... nyu PLEASE EMAIL ME greenleaf and imgonnapuke 2
rumi77 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 13 hours ago, arghgradapps said: confused why Brown didn't do rejections today? (fiction). I'm sure it's coming my way but still no waitlists out either on draft so far and only one acceptance! holding out hope (foolishly) imgonnapuke and bucket 1 1
myie Posted March 11 Posted March 11 Manifesting all good things for all y’all lovely people 🪷🪷 Have we heard anything from U Miami? Trying to stay hopeful LMAO meanwhile, delraiser and imgonnapuke 3
gafoo Posted March 11 Posted March 11 (edited) If any of you have been accepted to VCU or Ohio State for nonfiction, or if you're #1 on the waitlist, can you please decline your offer? I will venmo you $5 I swear (jk jk of course) Edited March 11 by gafoo MamaCats, SocialKonstruct, arghgradapps and 3 others 4 1 1
delraiser Posted March 11 Posted March 11 have ANY fiction people heard from u of washington? i'm sweating over here. numbskull 1
callmemarioplz Posted March 11 Posted March 11 any news from the hunter college in the draft surrounding poetry? wondering if it's just gg if i've heard nothing today
gafoo Posted March 11 Posted March 11 26 minutes ago, callmemarioplz said: any news from the hunter college in the draft surrounding poetry? wondering if it's just gg if i've heard nothing today A bunch of fiction waitlists showing up in the draft today, but nothing for poetry in the last bit! If you haven't gotten an interview for your genre yet, though, it may very well be gg. Although you never know!
impatientjoy Posted March 11 Posted March 11 Will some schools wait until next week?? This week fees quieter than I expected meanwhile, bluecarpet, bucket and 5 others 1 7
Theodosia Posted March 11 Posted March 11 Has anyone gotten their official rejection letter from IWW yet? According to my research, they've been delivered between the 8th and the 11th for the last few years, so I was expecting to get my letter sooner rather than later.
matchasimsbury Posted March 11 Posted March 11 (edited) saw an email from columbia in my inbox and my heart dropped but it was just an email about their upcoming panel... Edited March 11 by matchasimsbury BowelMovement 1
Walter Hartwell White Posted March 11 Posted March 11 2 hours ago, gafoo said: If any of you have been accepted to VCU or Ohio State for nonfiction, or if you're #1 on the waitlist, can you please decline your offer? I will venmo you $5 I swear (jk jk of course) lol I get it I hope people can reject or accept soon for VCU for poetry. That or UTK. But I get it, a lot of people are still waiting and need time to make the right decision. Even if I got off the waitlist myself today at VCU I think I’d like to go visit first if I can (same for UTK I just expect to move off that one less since I was told I was high on the waitlist at VCU specifically.) I’m hoping I can know in early April but we will see. Best of luck to you! gafoo 1
gafoo Posted March 11 Posted March 11 2 minutes ago, Walter Hartwell White said: lol I get it I hope people can reject or accept soon for VCU for poetry. That or UTK. But I get it, a lot of people are still waiting and need time to make the right decision. Even if I got off the waitlist myself today at VCU I think I’d like to go visit first if I can (same for UTK I just expect to move off that one less since I was told I was high on the waitlist at VCU specifically.) I’m hoping I can know in early April but we will see. Best of luck to you! Lol, completely agreed. Totally joking bc I'd do the same thing if I were in the position of holding multiple acceptances rn. Hoping to see you at a VCU campus visit in early April if we both get off the waitlists! Walter Hartwell White 1
arghgradapps Posted March 11 Posted March 11 does anyone else wonder if that Brown acceptance on draft is legit? sorry if im coping rn i am absolutely expecting a rejection but i feel like rejections should be out by now!! for poetry it was a simple, three-day process. what is taking so long??!! imgonnapuke, dyedviolet, bluecarpet and 1 other 3 1
spg_ Posted March 11 Posted March 11 Anyone else waiting on UMD waitlists for fiction? Wondering if they haven't hit the spreadsheet or if I can still hold out hope, lol. bucket and delraiser 2
womanonline Posted March 11 Posted March 11 I can't believe I still haven't heard anything from Colorado State. I'm assuming it's a rejection, but why haven't they sent them out yet? Same with University of Arizona. Also has NYU done any CNF yet? I don't think I've seen it, but it seems odd with all of the other NYU genres going out.
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS Posted March 11 Posted March 11 is it weird that i had no Brown rejection or anything for poetry but i applied to both the poetry and fiction tracks? like i feel like they are different evals but idk. trying not to read into it — just curious bc it's kinda weird? poetry was the primary genre, too!
ojo534 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 37 minutes ago, womanonline said: I can't believe I still haven't heard anything from Colorado State. I'm assuming it's a rejection, but why haven't they sent them out yet? Same with University of Arizona. Also has NYU done any CNF yet? I don't think I've seen it, but it seems odd with all of the other NYU genres going out. I’ve literally been losing my mind all week waiting to hear ANYTHING back from NYU about CNF…. Would love if anyone knew anything about nyu cnf specifically
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now