madsmadsmads Posted February 16 Posted February 16 Maybe I am naive and young and haven't been fucked in the ass by life enough. But in a culture so dominated by pessimism, hate, and doomscrolling, hope and optimism feel like subversive, revolutionary acts. I don't think what we need right now politically (or on this particular forum) is more pessimism. I am gonna sound maybe a bit dorky here for a second, but pessimism doesn't incite action or change; hope does. And I don't know. I just think pessimism is unimaginative and boring. I'm really uninterested. I had a good conversation with the author of this book during undergrad. I think it's worth a read! https://www.amazon.com/Hope-Matters-Changing-Critical-Environmental/dp/1771647779 On another note, how are my fellow applicants holding up as we start a new work week? I am feeling really grateful to have today off from teaching (I am still in bed and it's almost noon, what a rush.) I see Notre Dame interviews and Cornell acceptances are starting to come in. AHHHH. Emblazonries, bioluminescent sloth, guntherpingu and 7 others 9 1
impatientjoy Posted February 16 Posted February 16 Does anyone think we might hear from Montana this week?
womanonline Posted February 16 Posted February 16 I forgot about President's Day. I was really hoping to see the continuation of Oregon State's nonfiction acceptances (and hopefully waitlists as well). But waiting a little bit longer won't kill me. Also waiting for my rejection from Arizona since it seems like they've done acceptances and waitlists. I still think it's weird that we didn't haven't seen any SAIC interviews on the spreadsheet, as they said they'd have requested and conducted all of them in the first half of February. Who are y'all hoping to hear from this week?
traceykibres Posted February 16 Posted February 16 1 hour ago, 3hourmovie said: people who grew up on AO3 read me 2 filth womanonline, precociousreader and Hmax 3
asm0deus Posted February 16 Posted February 16 Third year applying, so many nos and I just got in at Cornell. I can't even find any words right now. So shocked. Don't give up Chex, Hmax, gupppy and 34 others 36 1
callmemarioplz Posted February 16 Posted February 16 14 minutes ago, asm0deus said: Third year applying, so many nos and I just got in at Cornell. I can't even find any words right now. So shocked. Don't give up for poetry?
asm0deus Posted February 16 Posted February 16 Just now, callmemarioplz said: for poetry? fiction!!!! molemola 1
callmemarioplz Posted February 16 Posted February 16 Just now, asm0deus said: fiction!!!! congratulations!! asm0deus 1
XXY Posted February 16 Posted February 16 25 minutes ago, asm0deus said: Third year applying, so many nos and I just got in at Cornell. I can't even find any words right now. So shocked. Don't give up Congratulations!!! asm0deus and impatientjoy 2
lizard in a blizzard Posted February 16 Posted February 16 Jus as an aside, it looks like historically, plenty of decisions have come out on President’s Day; I don’t think this particular holiday stalls most admissions offices. lisichka 1
BowelMovement Posted February 16 Posted February 16 (edited) user big green coat on a roll here damn i'm lowk so jealous but congratulations😭 Edited February 16 by BowelMovement marsmentality 1
bioluminescent sloth Posted February 16 Posted February 16 1 hour ago, madsmadsmads said: Maybe I am naive and young and haven't been fucked in the ass by life enough. But in a culture so dominated by pessimism, hate, and doomscrolling, hope and optimism feel like subversive, revolutionary acts. I don't think what we need right now politically (or on this particular forum) is more pessimism. I am gonna sound maybe a bit dorky here for a second, but pessimism doesn't incite action or change; hope does. And I don't know. I just think pessimism is unimaginative and boring. I'm really uninterested. I had a good conversation with the author of this book during undergrad. I think it's worth a read! https://www.amazon.com/Hope-Matters-Changing-Critical-Environmental/dp/1771647779 On another note, how are my fellow applicants holding up as we start a new work week? I am feeling really grateful to have today off from teaching (I am still in bed and it's almost noon, what a rush.) I see Notre Dame interviews and Cornell acceptances are starting to come in. AHHHH. I wholeheartedly agree! Thank you for saying this. I'm holding up okay--really hoping to hear back from at least one program this week (fingers crossed for a waitlist or acceptance!). So far I've only gotten one response, and it was a rejection. But I just submitted my last application last night, so that's a big weight off my shoulders! Now the real wait begins... Good luck to everyone, and take care of yourselves! It is a stressful time but the world needs you and your voices lisichka, madsmadsmads, TheeMightyQuinn and 1 other 4
runlolarun Posted February 16 Posted February 16 27 minutes ago, lizard in a blizzard said: Jus as an aside, it looks like historically, plenty of decisions have come out on President’s Day; I don’t think this particular holiday stalls most admissions offices. I'm not sure why I had got it into my head that today would be crickets... I think I saw someone post in a previous year's forum about dreading the long weekend with the silent holiday, lol? Apparently it is not silent.
eunereun Posted February 16 Posted February 16 why does this application season feel like a russian roulette bro. arghgradapps, runlolarun and meanwhile 1 2
womaninthevoid Posted February 16 Posted February 16 1 hour ago, asm0deus said: Third year applying, so many nos and I just got in at Cornell. I can't even find any words right now. So shocked. Don't give up a stranger on the internet is very very proud of you!!!! ❤️ Ogwick, madsmadsmads, TheeMightyQuinn and 3 others 6
womaninthevoid Posted February 16 Posted February 16 hi everybody! does anybody have any idea when we can expect to hear from nyc schools? (fiction)
arghgradapps Posted February 16 Posted February 16 1 hour ago, asm0deus said: Third year applying, so many nos and I just got in at Cornell. I can't even find any words right now. So shocked. Don't give up very happy for you! wonderful to hear good news like this.
MamaCats Posted February 16 Posted February 16 14 minutes ago, womaninthevoid said: hi everybody! does anybody have any idea when we can expect to hear from nyc schools? (fiction) What I remember from last year is that the NYC school responses go on FOREVER! So, with a grain of salt, here's when the acceptances started last year from what I can see on the spreadsheet. Columbia: Poetry 2/24, Fiction 3/10 Hunter: NF 3/11, Fiction 3/17, Poetry?? NYU: All start 2/26 with the biggest funding packages first, then the rest trickle in. womaninthevoid and BowelMovement 2
couscous4two Posted February 16 Posted February 16 Not on draft, so I can't see any movement. Has Vanderbilt or Madison sent waitlists? Has UMich sent rejections yet?
BowelMovement Posted February 16 Posted February 16 7 minutes ago, couscous4two said: Not on draft, so I can't see any movement. Has Vanderbilt or Madison sent waitlists? Has UMich sent rejections yet? I see waitlists for Vandy and Madison, but no rejections from UMich for far!
hermione granger Posted February 16 Posted February 16 is umich not done with acceptances & waitlists and thats why rejections aren’t out? or can i accept my fate
BowelMovement Posted February 16 Posted February 16 1 minute ago, hermione granger said: is umich not done with acceptances & waitlists and thats why rejections aren’t out? or can i accept my fate we can't give up yet gang‼️at least wait until we see the R's roll in on the sheet hermione granger 1
gupppy Posted February 16 Posted February 16 53 minutes ago, couscous4two said: Not on draft, so I can't see any movement. Has Vanderbilt or Madison sent waitlists? Has UMich sent rejections yet? I got my waitlist email from Vanderbilt on Saturday! MamaCats, GoatKidd, TPike and 1 other 4
impatientjoy Posted February 16 Posted February 16 Is anyone else assuming Minnesota already sent out waitlists and that’s just not represented here or on draft?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now