MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Just received an email for scheduling an interview at Pratt Institute for the MFA. :-) Does anybody has some tips for interviews? is there anyway I can prepare for it? What do they frequently ask? What do they want to know?

There are a bunch of questions listed in this thread:

my heart skipped a beat at the email from Joan Weston at UPenn, even though they told me they decided to only accept students they interviewed this year!

If this is the case, then I'm really disappointed in UPenn. They could have broken our little hearts months ago. When I was looking up and researching schools, none of the schools (except for NYU) even stated that they required an interview to be accepted. Plus the way that she worded the email made it sound like if you got the email you were accepted, "view your notification letter and financial aid letter."

Yes. Only merit based. Sizable chunk, but not a full ride.

they said they would offer between 10% and 46% scholarships. I am still hoping they will call within a couple of days. Chris said they would be done sending out notifications by Friday.

Do you live near there?

Accepted to Illinois Institute of Technology MDes program. They want a response and deposit by April 1. Has anyone had any luck getting schools to extend the deadline to April 15?

asked art center to delay april 1 decision for two weeks - they were totally cool!

Just received an email for scheduling an interview at Pratt Institute for the MFA. :-) Does anybody has some tips for interviews? is there anyway I can prepare for it? What do they frequently ask? What do they want to know?

From my interviews, being able to eloquently talk about about your work is key. Be personable, calm, and don't expect them to grill you. I wasn't "put on the spot," so to speak. It was a very relaxed interview, almost like a conversation. It wouldn't hurt to do some research if you know who's interviewing you. Turns out I had a bit in common with one of the professors when it came to my study abroad in NZ, strangely enough.

Accepted to Illinois Institute of Technology MDes program. They want a response and deposit by April 1. Has anyone had any luck getting schools to extend the deadline to April 15?

asked art center to delay april 1 decision for two weeks - they were totally cool!

I've also heard of people asking to extend the deadline - in my case, I had two schools - one who was cool with it, one who was not. So I think it just depends on the program.

Though i got some info from another one of my schools that said that those asking for early decisions before April 15th, especially those offering funding, could potentially be fined by the CGS . . .

Yeah I live in the DC area.

That is perfect! I hope you don't mind me picking your brain a bit. Would you chose it over VCU? Did you get to inteview with Frances Barth?

From my interviews, being able to eloquently talk about about your work is key. Be personable, calm, and don't expect them to grill you. I wasn't "put on the spot," so to speak. It was a very relaxed interview, almost like a conversation. It wouldn't hurt to do some research if you know who's interviewing you. Turns out I had a bit in common with one of the professors when it came to my study abroad in NZ, strangely enough.

Thank you!

Hey there. This is my first time posting, but I've been following this forum for awhile now.

I applied to Hoffberger and had an in person interview on Feb 21st.

I contacted Chris Herring today about when the decision letters are going out. He told me that they're working on them tonight with the intent to get them out by tomorrow morning. We should all hear back before the end of the week.

Good luck everyone. Fingers crossed!

I don't have my website up yet, but here's a link to my work:

http://www.saatchionline.com/kellyneibert

Have a great night, everyone.

- Kelly

That is perfect! I hope you don't mind me picking your brain a bit. Would you chose it over VCU? Did you get to inteview with Frances Barth?

Frances was out sick when I interviewed. I am planning to meet with her before I make my decision. I am also waiting for funding info from VCU.

I am still trying to discern what type of program is best for me.

So here's a question. MassArt sent out acceptance emails yesterday (definitely for my program, and I believe for most others, too). I wrote to admissions asking if they'd please confirm that my application was rejected (so I can move on already), but all they'll tell me is that letters will be sent out by end of month. How do they profit from making me wait another 2 to 3 weeks to hear for certain what they already know, I already know, and they know I know? It seems a little sadistic, if you ask me.

Ebihal, I'm not entirely sure if they have sent out letters for all of their programs. Do you know of anyone who applied to and/or got accepted to the SIM program at MassArt?

Ebihal, I'm not entirely sure if they have sent out letters for all of their programs. Do you know of anyone who applied to and/or got accepted to the SIM program at MassArt?

I applied to the SIM program and was interviewed by Professor Moser and others not two weeks ago. I have yet to hear anything.

Frances was out sick when I interviewed. I am planning to meet with her before I make my decision. I am also waiting for funding info from VCU.

I am still trying to discern what type of program is best for me.

I She was sick when I interviewed also. Good luck, you now have a good opportunity!

Got accepted to Carnegie Mellon today!!

lol hey everyone! I've been lurking for some time now but my acceptance letter made me create an account and tell everyone in this thread to NOT LOSE HOPE. I was losing hope too (considering how everyone was getting acceptances and it was so late in March) but clearly schools are still sending out acceptances!

I got into the Masters program in Communication Design and Information Planning at CMU's school of design. It's a visual communications program and Carnegie Mellon is ranked #1 for it.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-fine-arts-schools/multimedia-visual-communications-rankings

I won't be able to attend without funding but this acceptance raises my chances of winning a scholarship that will give me a full ride.

Uber excited anyway!

lol hey everyone! I've been lurking for some time now but my acceptance letter made me create an account and tell everyone in this thread to NOT LOSE HOPE. I was losing hope too (considering how everyone was getting acceptances and it was so late in March) but clearly schools are still sending out acceptances!

I got into the Masters program in Communication Design and Information Planning at CMU's school of design. It's a visual communications program and Carnegie Mellon is ranked #1 for it.

http://grad-schools....ations-rankings

I won't be able to attend without funding but this acceptance raises my chances of winning a scholarship that will give me a full ride.

Uber excited anyway!

This is great news! Congratulations!!

http://grad-schools....ations-rankings

Uber excited anyway!

Congrats! Pittsburgh is a great city.