American Studies 2012?

wintergirl

I would just like to add how much waiting on Brown is also killing me!! I hope they do acceptances/rejections all at the same time and hopefully as soon as possible. Its my top choice and I seriously can't concentrate....ekkk. Good luck to all.

I saw that someone posted a Yale Af-Am/Film Studies hybrid acceptance. Congrats!! I had thought of applying for the dual concentration, but ended up going all Am Studies.

So, I guess hopefully we can expect more soon?

Edited by TripWillis

Hi All,

I have yet to chime in here, but I am also waiting on Yale AmStudies & NYU AmStudies (though I think the later has mostly sent out their acceptances). I also applied to UPenn's History & Sociology of Science, which is just quiet as the other two.

To those of you who have received decisions via email or calls, I'm wondering if the contacts ever arrive after general business hours (in the time zone of the school). I'm assuming no, but I still keep checking long after 6 or 7pm EST.

Best of luck to everyone else!!

Edited by cladoshero

To those of you who have received decisions via email or calls, I'm wondering if the contacts ever arrive after general business hours (in the time zone of the school). I'm assuming no, but I still keep checking long after 6 or 7pm EST.

Best of luck to everyone else!!

Only one of my acceptance calls has been during actual business hours — most have been in the evening. One even came around 8 pm on Valentine's Day. You never know.

Edited by nix

True, thanks for the clarification. One of the African American Studies says both though (African American Studies and American Studies), so I wasn't sure. As for the New England studies, I'm confused too. I'm presently holding my breath -- best of luck to everyone!!

I'm confused about the New England studies thing, too... as far as I can tell (via google) there is a program by that name at BU, but nothing at Yale.

Re the AfAm/American Studies post, I'm guessing this means the other Yale American Studies decisions should start soon, since this degree is housed in both departments...

Edited by cladoshero

any word on GWU? it looks like there were some rejections... but my app currently says "under review"

My theory is that some intern or office person was updating everyone's status online on Friday. Then 5 o'clock rolled around, so he or she peaced out, job unfinished, leaving the rest of us to wonder.

any word on GWU? it looks like there were some rejections... but my app currently says "under review"

I'm in the same boat. I saw the 2 rejections, but no word on my application yet. I'm assuming the rest will go out in the next week or so as it seems that in previous years the rejections went out well in advance of the acceptances. That or they just didn't get to all of the rejections on Friday and I'm being overly hopeful. Good luck!

My theory is that some intern or office person was updating everyone's status online on Friday. Then 5 o'clock rolled around, so he or she peaced out, job unfinished, leaving the rest of us to wonder.

Ah omahairish, you beat me to the punch -- I hadn't refreshed to see your response. I think you might be right, though I'm staying hopeful. Best of luck; hopefully we'll get news this week!