M* applications for 2012-2013 chit chat...

sacklunch

It looks like I'm one of the only people who got good news from University of Chicago today. I've been accepted to the M.Div. program with a full tuition scholarship! Definitely a great way to get over my rejection from YDS.

Congratulations! Free ride + best school ever = perfection

Yes, this whole thing is rather confusing. It looks like they've accepted people via e-mail in past years... but so far they've only accepted people by phone. I would love to get a response of some fashion and just get the paranoia already :/.

Yeah. Let's get this over with, either way. I'm becoming surprisingly attached to Boston College, the longer I wait to hear from Notre Dame... Le sigh. I do wonder if this waiting means that we still have a chance, or are just doomed from the end of Friday, March 2nd.

Yeah. Let's get this over with, either way. I'm becoming surprisingly attached to Boston College, the longer I wait to hear from Notre Dame... Le sigh. I do wonder if this waiting means that we still have a chance, or are just doomed from the end of Friday, March 2nd.

Reading your post made quoting me made me realize I said 'get' the paranoia instead of 'end' the paranoia. I really need to stop making online posts on my iPod >_<.

Anyway, I also hope we aren't just being strung along here and missed the whole acceptance boat with the phone calls as well... I feel like my chances were always slim at ND (my top choice), but I would still like an answer. Yet like I said to jdmhotness, feel free to turn down the offer if you get in and we don't ;).

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now, but I figured I'd post just to say that I got a rejection email from Notre Dame for the MTS. Looks like they're sending them out.

If you haven't gotten one yet, perhaps good news?

Whelp, bad news from Notre Dame for me. I guess they accepted 20 out of 187 this year.

Sad day. Probably should've applied at more schools... but it looks like I have some decisions to make amongst the offers I did get.

Whelp, bad news from Notre Dame for me. I guess they accepted 20 out of 187 this year.

Sad day. Probably should've applied at more schools... but it looks like I have some decisions to make amongst the offers I did get.

MTS I'm assuming? I know it sucks but really you can't ever take this kind of stuff personally (you should have seen me when I got bad news from PTS and Chicago in one day, lol). When it is 1 in 9 students even perfect stats and flawless LOR's and SOP's sometimes aren't a guarantee. Hope you find the right fit for you!

Did you all just receive rejections? Sorry to hear it :(. And WOW that is a lot of applicants.

Whelp! Bad news as well from Notre Dame. I knew, in my heart of hearts, that they wouldn't see me as a "right fit" for their program. :-( Not totally heartbroken - Boston College is giving me a 15,000 to come and play with them and Tim Wakefield in Boston... I know that I have a lot of excellent schools to choose from, and I know that Notre Dame's program is super duper hard to get into (187 applicants!), and I know that's it's more about a "good fit" than being a good person or a good student or any of those things...

But ah! How I had my whole soul set on Notre Dame! :-(

It's chocolate time! :-)

MTS I'm assuming? I know it sucks but really you can't ever take this kind of stuff personally (you should have seen me when I got bad news from PTS and Chicago in one day, lol). When it is 1 in 9 students even perfect stats and flawless LOR's and SOP's sometimes aren't a guarantee. Hope you find the right fit for you!

Yes, it was the MTS! Suppose there's nothing for it.

Whelp! Bad news as well from Notre Dame. I knew, in my heart of hearts, that they wouldn't see me as a "right fit" for their program. :-( Not totally heartbroken - Boston College is giving me a 15,000 to come and play with them and Tim Wakefield in Boston... I know that I have a lot of excellent schools to choose from, and I know that Notre Dame's program is super duper hard to get into (187 applicants!), and I know that's it's more about a "good fit" than being a good person or a good student or any of those things...

But ah! How I had my whole soul set on Notre Dame! :-(

It's chocolate time! :-)

Meh, we all know BC is better anyway ;). Either way, sorry to hear it didn't work out. At least you have some other insane good offers, eh?

Hahaha, when I went to put my results into the results survey, I spelled Notre Dame "Notre Dmae". Suddenly it all becomes clear why I wasn't accepted! :rolleyes:

Thanks, jdmhotness and MsSarahBOOM - it's just such a huge relief to be done waiting! Only one more wait - Yale's financial aid stuff next week - and then I finally get to make a decision! And then I get to go to graduate school! So EXCITING!

But it looks like (pending Yale's financial aid) that I'll be at Boston College in the fall! Does anyone else know / have strong inclinations about where they'll be?

New here. Grateful to have been accepted into Duke's A.M. Of course I got the partial tuition waiver like everyone else in Duke religion but should I be expecting any more funding? Would they have let me know in my acceptance letter? Or do I still have to wait?

I'm debating between Vandy Divinity school and University of IL's fairly new Religious Studies MA.

Basically, Divinity school is what I actually want to do... but Vandy's 60% merit scholarship was my best offer in that regard.

Conversely, while I'm technically still waiting to hear back from the U of I with my 'offiicial' Notice of Admission that should include their financial offer to me (informally accepted awhile ago)--I've heard 'through the grape vine' that I should probably expect full tuition coverage and/or an assistantship. And it's a 32 hour MA.

So Vandy is what I really want. But it may be worth my while to get an MA from the U of I (good program in and of itself) and then apply to Vandy and elsewhere again afterwards with what should be a much stronger application to snag more funding.

So that's my decision. You guys asked :P. Heh. Sorry, I pretty much just used this for a sounding board of my thoughts.

New here. Grateful to have been accepted into Duke's A.M. Of course I got the partial tuition waiver like everyone else in Duke religion but should I be expecting any more funding? Would they have let me know in my acceptance letter? Or do I still have to wait?

Same. I spoke with one of the faculty and I think the 50% is pretty much all we get. There is a link on the Duke Religion website about possible funds, but none of it looks really promising.

I'm debating between Vandy Divinity school and University of IL's fairly new Religious Studies MA.

Basically, Divinity school is what I actually want to do... but Vandy's 60% merit scholarship was my best offer in that regard.

Conversely, while I'm technically still waiting to hear back from the U of I with my 'offiicial' Notice of Admission that should include their financial offer to me (informally accepted awhile ago)--I've heard 'through the grape vine' that I should probably expect full tuition coverage and/or an assistantship. And it's a 32 hour MA.

So Vandy is what I really want. But it may be worth my while to get an MA from the U of I (good program in and of itself) and then apply to Vandy and elsewhere again afterwards with what should be a much stronger application to snag more funding.

So that's my decision. You guys asked :P. Heh. Sorry, I pretty much just used this for a sounding board of my thoughts.

This is the best sounding board, I think... No one else knows what the hey I'm talking about when I throw around all these abbreviations (MA? MTS? MDIV? "Don't you just want to be a pastor? Why don't you just go to Bible school?"). No one here may "care", but at least we all know what everyone is talking about! B)

Does any one know when PTS will be making their March decisions? I know they meet once a month to review applications and I applied fairly late (but still before the Mar.1 deadline), so I was wondering if any of you knew about how long I can expect to wait to hear from them (or at least when in a given month they typically send out letters). Thanks.

By the way, congrats everyone on your acceptances and my condolences for any rejections. Best wishes for the upcoming fall.

Just heard back from Duke Div (MTS) I was accepted!

Excellent news!!!

I was waitlisted for Duke's MTS....

HELP? What do I do???

I'm visiting them soon and I figure that they are going to use that opportunity to take a good look at me.

Windfish if it helps I will most likely be declining Duke's offer so hopefully you get in.

alem,

That is helpful to know and take into consideration! Good luck in finding the best fit for you!